• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

LAWSUIT - Opt out of Uber Arbitration now, even if beyond 30 days.

optyman

Even if you are beyond the 30 days from the December 11, 2015 acceptance of Uber's new terms, please send an email to optout@uber.com with your name & state asking to "opt out" of Uber's new arbitration terms. The arbitration process most often favors the big guy. Attorney advice: Do this even if you are beyond the 30 days to do so. Note from attorney (it took them a while to send me this note) is below. I am not in California nor in Massachusetts. Uber cannot retaliate. I just sent my email today. Do it now before it is too late. This is legit and not a phishing scheme, as they were responding to my previous inquiry.

<<<Dear Uber Driver:

Thanks for reaching out! I apologize for any delays in responses and I appreciate your patience. We have had a large e-mail and call volume over the past several weeks and it is taking longer than usual to respond to everyone. Hopefully this e-mail will answer most of your questions. If you have any additional questions, please e-mail me at uberlawsuit@llrlaw.com

Our class action lawsuit presently covers all California Uber drivers who have driven in California (other than those who have driven for Uber through another company, like a limo company, or used a corporate name to get paid). This case involves misclassification, expenses, and tips. We have brought a similar case on behalf of Massachusetts drivers, which is pending before the same judge in California. If you are a California or Massachusetts driver, please let me know so that I can send you information specific to California or Massachusetts.

If you did not drive in California or Massachusetts, you are not included in our present lawsuits in California. We are keeping a list of interested drivers outside California and Massachusetts in the event that we are able to expand the case outside California in the future. How successful we are in California will help determine whether we are able to expand. If you want to be on our list of interested drivers, please provide me with your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number.

Many of you have had questions about the new arbitration agreement that Uber has sent to drivers. Uber sent drivers a new agreement containing a revised arbitration clause on December 11. You will need to first accept this most recent agreement in order to continue driving for Uber. You can then opt out of the new arbitration clause by sending an email to optout@uber.com. Include your name and state that you wish to opt out of the arbitration provision. The deadline for opting out is 30 days from when you accepted this new agreement. If you do not opt-out, your claims may only be heard in an arbitration. Even if you think you may be past the 30 day deadline, we are advising drivers to send the e-mail anyway.

Please note that we have not heard that anyone has been deactivated for opting out. Uber has represented to its drivers and the court that drivers are free to opt out of the arbitration clause and continue driving for Uber. If you have any concerns that you may have been retaliated against for opting out, forward to me any emails you have which you think reflects that.

We’ll keep everyone posted on major developments. We will also post important news on the website www.uberlawsuit.com.

Best,

Erin
Erin O’Reilly
Assistant to Shannon Liss-Riordan, Esq.
Lichten & Liss-Riordan, P.C.
729 Boylston Street, Suite 2000
Boston, MA 02116

Tel: (617) 994-5800
Fax: (617) 994-5801

uberlawsuit@llrlaw.com