Uber Drivers Forum banner

Latest trickery

1K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Vladko 
#1 ·
Ok grasshoppers I'm sure some of of you have not figured this out. Same time different app view to driver.

You're welcome
Map Product Rectangle Font World
Font Screenshot Line World Rectangle

See less See more
#10 ·
Welcome to the club ‘80’s..... you finally got that surge map going. Now I have to say good bye surge, welcome base...... the secret is not a secret anymore. Greg was keeping it for himself and of course Koolbreez as well ( he actually encouraged us to take base rate so he can work that surge longer......I knew it all the time).

#11 ·
Why would uber or Lyft want to eliminate surge? Don’t they make more money from the fares as well?
I think we are seeing Less and Less surge due to the amount of drivers on the road. Every year it increases, I counted 47 Lyft/uber drivers from Belmont and broadway to Addison and broadway yesterday around 4pm. 45 cars !!! In just a few blocks. Insane!

#20 ·
Why would uber or Lyft want to eliminate surge? Don't they make more money from the fares as well?
I think we are seeing Less and Less surge due to the amount of drivers on the road. Every year it increases, I counted 47 Lyft/uber drivers from Belmont and broadway to Addison and broadway yesterday around 4pm. 45 cars !!! In just a few blocks. Insane!
Uber doesn't make more money paying surge; those days of uber making a % of what we make have been gone for over a year now. They make it charging more and paying drivers as little as possible.

#28 ·
Lil update to my earlier screen grab. I’ve read about the new surge models in Charlotte, NC and Boston. Supposedly if a trip is of longer distance Uber will pay a little higher dollar amount. Still a bit skeptical. The new model will rid of the cherry pickers and if you’re not online looks like no surge for you.

As we have already seen this is how I make my hay. No need to surge hunt when you’re sitting in it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.