• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Latest trickery

80sDude

Ok grasshoppers I'm sure some of of you have not figured this out. Same time different app view to driver.

You're welcome
Screenshot_20180811-230758_Uber Driver.jpg
Screenshot_20180811-230805_Uber Driver.jpg

80sDude

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That trip screen needs to be up or the the current surge is gone

OP-Matt

I regularly have issues with surge map not showing or refreshing. Sometimes a zoom in or zoom out, or a switchover to earnings screen, will get it to refresh.

Nu1

Welcome to the club ‘80’s..... you finally got that surge map going. Now I have to say good bye surge, welcome base...... the secret is not a secret anymore. Greg was keeping it for himself and of course Koolbreez as well ( he actually encouraged us to take base rate so he can work that surge longer......I knew it all the time).

Why would uber or Lyft want to eliminate surge? Don’t they make more money from the fares as well?
I think we are seeing Less and Less surge due to the amount of drivers on the road. Every year it increases, I counted 47 Lyft/uber drivers from Belmont and broadway to Addison and broadway yesterday around 4pm. 45 cars !!! In just a few blocks. Insane!

DrinkSoda

Been going on for months with me. Always have to zoom in / shut off and turn phone back on / close and reopen app.

chitownXdriver

There will be surge just a dollar amount you will soon see.just read Boston and d.c. posts
I saw that but don't really understand how that works, what will the dollar amount be based on? Say that it says $3.00 so will that be $3 extra on a 3 mile trip or on a 20 mile trip or 3X more or what?

Mindozas

Uber is pretty confident after Consecutive Trips succes to try Lyfts failure, the flat rate surge.

80sDude

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Time for me to fly. Looks like long trips are REALLY GOING TO LOSERS.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL
Screenshot_20180813-014352_Chrome.jpg

Mad Medic

I saw that but don't really understand how that works, what will the dollar amount be based on? Say that it says $3.00 so will that be $3 extra on a 3 mile trip or on a 20 mile trip or 3X more or what?
It will be $3.00 on the next ping they send that you must accept and its 3 bucks if its a 3 block trip or a 300 minute trip

LoveTheBlues

Why would uber or Lyft want to eliminate surge? Don’t they make more money from the fares as well?
I think we are seeing Less and Less surge due to the amount of drivers on the road. Every year it increases, I counted 47 Lyft/uber drivers from Belmont and broadway to Addison and broadway yesterday around 4pm. 45 cars !!! In just a few blocks. Insane!
Uber doesn't make more money paying surge; those days of uber making a % of what we make have been gone for over a year now. They make it charging more and paying drivers as little as possible.

Reactions: Nu1
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
THE_TRAN$PORTER New York City 12
U Perth 4
U London 6