1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Latest trickery

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by 80sDude, Aug 12, 2018.

1. 80sDude

80sDude

Ok grasshoppers I'm sure some of of you have not figured this out. Same time different app view to driver.

You're welcome Screenshot_20180811-230758_Uber Driver.jpg Screenshot_20180811-230805_Uber Driver.jpg

2. Flashback121

Flashback121

Zooming out?

3. 80sDude

80sDude

That trip screen needs to be up or the the current surge is gone

4. Flashback121

Flashback121

Oh
    Go figure

5. SatMan

SatMan

That's been happening for weeks now.

6. OP-Matt

OP-Matt

I regularly have issues with surge map not showing or refreshing. Sometimes a zoom in or zoom out, or a switchover to earnings screen, will get it to refresh.

7. 80sDude

80sDude

I've been refreshing for 3 years. This seems to be new

8. New app rolling out slowly just look at Boston and Washington d.c. threads trust me the days if getting good surge is over.

9. Refresh. By zoom in out. Always have had to do that

10. Nu1

Nu1

Welcome to the club ‘80’s..... you finally got that surge map going. Now I have to say good bye surge, welcome base...... the secret is not a secret anymore. Greg was keeping it for himself and of course Koolbreez as well ( he actually encouraged us to take base rate so he can work that surge longer......I knew it all the time).

11. PrankHunt23

PrankHunt23

Why would uber or Lyft want to eliminate surge? Don’t they make more money from the fares as well?
    I think we are seeing Less and Less surge due to the amount of drivers on the road. Every year it increases, I counted 47 Lyft/uber drivers from Belmont and broadway to Addison and broadway yesterday around 4pm. 45 cars !!! In just a few blocks. Insane!

12. DrinkSoda

DrinkSoda

Driving:
    UberX
    Been going on for months with me. Always have to zoom in / shut off and turn phone back on / close and reopen app.

13. Rebu-tfyl

Rebu-tfyl

Surge in the water lol ****ing lyft ****

Attached Files:

14. There will be surge just a dollar amount you will soon see.just read Boston and d.c. posts

Mad Medic likes this.
  15. chitownXdriver

chitownXdriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    I saw that but don't really understand how that works, what will the dollar amount be based on? Say that it says $3.00 so will that be $3 extra on a 3 mile trip or on a 20 mile trip or 3X more or what?

16. Mindozas

Mindozas

Uber is pretty confident after Consecutive Trips succes to try Lyfts failure, the flat rate surge.

17. 80sDude

80sDude

Time for me to fly. Looks like long trips are REALLY GOING TO LOSERS.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL Screenshot_20180813-014352_Chrome.jpg

18. Mad Medic

Mad Medic

It will be $3.00 on the next ping they send that you must accept and its 3 bucks if its a 3 block trip or a 300 minute trip

chitownXdriver likes this.
  19. chitownXdriver

chitownXdriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    That's just wrong on so many levels

20. LoveTheBlues

LoveTheBlues

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber doesn't make more money paying surge; those days of uber making a % of what we make have been gone for over a year now. They make it charging more and paying drivers as little as possible.

Nu1 likes this.