• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Late to the party... Permits

Derek D Boen

So I haven't driven since late April because I was having some work done to my car, so I just started driving again yesterday. I ussually stay in Tarrant County because I don't have a valid vehicle permit for Dallas. I was planning to go get one today along with an airport permit, but I was reading this morning though that Texas has standardized rideshare laws throughout the state and it said I no longer need a driver's permit in Dallas as of May. Does this mean I don't need a vehicle permit anymore either? And if I do need a vehicle permit still, does anyone know where I go to get that? Thanks!

Derek D Boen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
DFW airport vehicle permit? Nice! Guess it's time to crawl out of my Fort Worth hobbit hole and get my drive on! Thanks!

dfw_driver

If there is no vehicle permit needed, how will Uber ensure that the car being used is in good shape and does not have any safety issue?

Volvonaut

Is the state 19 point inspection a prerequisite to renewing an airport permit? Or are they just handing these things out?

twinwillow

Just remember, with the restrictions, permits and inspections gone, there are a whole lot more drivers out there competing for a $3.00 ride.

Mark Campagna

I went to DFW to get a renewal today. Went early at 9:00am and was out in 15 mins.
They want vin #, drivers license and to see your Uber app is working.
They will verify state inspection when they take the sticker out to your vehicle.

I agree don't wait out there as the queue is stupid long, but I want mine just in case I drop off and get an immediate ping.