Late Night Driving

Deedub

Hey All,

I am just curious as to whether or not many of you's drive late night shifts or overnight shifts throughout the week (excluding weekend). Just looking for some feedback on it. What type of customers you usually pick up? Distance of fare?

lions44

Lots of short fares, when I say lots it isn't lots I mean most fares are short until airport runs start around 5.00am. Passengers a real mix...

I gave it a go and learned that for me, its not worth it. There is in my opinion more money to be made but I am getting to old for the BS. I prefer Early Mornings and Day Time to Early Evening. I get out there about the time the sun comes up and head home about the time the sun goes down.

Jwoodsa

I get on about 5am till it goes quiet around 9:30ish then go back out around 2pm till around 7pm when I do weekday shifts.
I'm only new so still fine tuning the best times to be on.
Got to say I had a awesome run of serges around the the CBD and out East with the rain this morning. :smiles:

mrmontenegro

mate! morning peak h traffic thanks but no thanks....good luck to all the new drivers out there the pie is getting smaller and the pings longer ...
any given day city is almost full of asian students with Anglo names from Ken to Jess is all (na ho maaaa) there is no need of convesation as they speak in they own language there is not even sorry i dont understand...
the suburbs of melb i need a bigger page....

Antiwarclan

Mrmontengro, what is the point in making such comment about asian student speaking in their own language? is there a problem of the asian students speaking in their own language? You wanted them to speak in english so that you can eavesdrop their conversation?

mrmontenegro

Mrmontengro, what is the point in making such comment about asian student speaking in their own language? is there a problem of the asian students speaking in their own language? You wanted them to speak in english so that you can eavesdrop their conversation?
there is nothing sinister in my commentbi am just stating the simple truth is that they dont even apologize for speaking in different language as it would be nice to acknowledge ....
we as drivers are there to drive as safe and quick as we can now making observation is not a crime but at no time give to rats ass as what they mumble about....
as this is my private car if 2 Arabs come in the car and speak arabic to eachother I would feel very suspicious...and i would kindly ask if they can talk in english so....

Graham J

I hit the track at 5am this morning and had a great day. Longest pings 7 minutes, surges all over the place, long rides and traffic moderate to heavy at worst. I'll be doing regular rain dances every Thursday night from now on

Jwoodsa

I hit the track at 5am this morning and had a great day. Longest pings 7 minutes, surges all over the place, long rides and traffic moderate to heavy at worst. I'll be doing regular rain dances every Thursday night from now on
So far in my 3 weeks of driving my pings are not very often more than 7-8min if I'm on at the right times.

LevelX

I hit the track at 5am this morning and had a great day. Longest pings 7 minutes, surges all over the place,
You surge hound!

Did better than me, got a few surges in the morning, but all heading in the wrong direction taking me away from them! :frown:

Oh well, gotta take the good with the bad.