Last week was busy

Smashup

I did 30+ rides on Sunday driving 12 hours on Lyft, averaged about $25 pre commission per hour, so really not that wonderful.

Had some interesting rides, the best being two 20 something girls from a hotel near Queen Anne to the airport. The ENTIRE drive they talked about where they had traveled to, where they are going (London, Santorini, Argentina, Playa Del Carmen, Albania, Lebanon, Croatia, Australia, ... many other places too.) I got them there on time, everything was smooth and went great, and our two jetsetters: no tip. lol.

RoadHustle

jerrya thats about where I am usually under the generic Lyft plan. The best I have ever done was $34hr. Since I have changed vehicles and added Oober I have fallen off some. I read about guys making 35+ per hour and yet to see any evidence other than "I did this last night or I did this much last week" lol, maybe PT but FT? Just keep grindin and and the end of the week it falls into place. Or quit

Smashup

thats about where I am usually under the generic Lyft plan
I hear ya, but I guess my point was that Sunday was a day with a huge parade crowd, and it was still difficult to get a good balance of well paying rides. The short ones were too short, the long ones took me out to no man's land.

DexNex

The weekend of Solstice is always the busiest weekend of the year for me.

Pride is very good too, but a bit off because of Paridiso @ the Gorge pulling a lot of the young crowd out of town.

Remember a lot of people go back and forth between here and San Fran especially post pride, Cap hill should have a good splattering of airporters even late into today?

Uber Fish

It was much needed as my regular job's paycheck was a lot smaller than I was planning on.
Yeah I got the 20% bonus. I'm excited to see how much it'll be tomorrow in the weekly email :biggrin:
That sucks you couldn't of had monsters with both regular and rideshare checks.

When is the retirement party from driving? You must be close to getting that debt paid off, and when it is, u need to get out of this grind and use that time to smell the roses!

ND379

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
jerrya thats about where I am usually under the generic Lyft plan. The best I have ever done was $34hr. Since I have changed vehicles and added Oober I have fallen off some. I read about guys making 35+ per hour and yet to see any evidence other than "I did this last night or I did this much last week" lol, maybe PT but FT? Just keep grindin and and the end of the week it falls into place. Or quit
I average anywhere from 17-25 an hour depending on the night. On busy nights it's 25 max. No idea how people make over that.
With my tips plus the 20% bonus I averaged 30.65 per hour last week. That is the only way I ever get over 25 an hour.....by getting back 20% of the fees that I pay in and tips. Still, it's more than I make at my regular job. As I sit here exhausted and not able to focus on my regular job though, I wonder how much it's really worth it.

ND379

Remember a lot of people go back and forth between here and San Fran especially post pride, Cap hill should have a good splattering of airporters even late into today?
I think it's gonna be pretty dead until Saturday due to the holiday weekend

ND379

That sucks you couldn't of had monsters with both regular and rideshare checks.

When is the retirement party from driving? You must be close to getting that debt paid off, and when it is, u need to get out of this grind and use that time to smell the roses!
I think when I get my check on July 10th from my regular job, I'll have all the credit card debt paid off. Then I have the medical bills I've racked up from the wisdom tooth removal to pay off which is around 2k, but I'm just going to make payments on that for a long time. I'm sick of trying to kill myself to get in the positive.

berserk42

The only reasonable way to compare earnings is to consider gross fares per hour, really. Everyone considers their costs differently and the commission rates vary from 0%-28%.

Skinny1

edit:
I don't want to boast and ruin what's working. Last 4 weekends have been great. But its driving late night where the $ and risk is at.

Last edited:

Skinny1

Skinny1 That's decent loot boss, I have been contemplating getting another ride for this reason....
proceed with caution....who knows how long this will last. Also 90% of that is lyft they only take 20% . Uber XL is garbage with mostly garbage rides under $10 imo.

I was making less being picky and trying.to do plus only, took advice started taking the regular rides in between (mostly prime time) and its worked out.
one other note I am noticing more and more plus drivers, so market is saturated I may have been on a lucky streak , pride and solistice weekends.

RoadHustle

proceed with caution....who knows how long this will last. Also 90% of that is lyft they only take 20% . Uber XL is garbage with mostly garbage rides under $10 imo.

I was making less being picky and trying.to do plus only, took advice started taking the regular rides in between (mostly prime time) and its worked out.
one other note I am noticing more and more plus drivers, so market is saturated I may have been on a lucky streak , pride and solistice weekends.

Believe me, I am fully prepared for a catastrophic end to all this. But will eek out every damn dime from these bucket shops....