Last week - 100% surge Only Trips

Punkdriver

Last week I did 100% surge only trips in the morning and afternoon peak hour traffic. Following are my stats:

Total Trips: 36
Fare: 609.5
Surge: 479.8
Uber Commission: 217.86
Working hour as per Uber: 19 Hour 16 min
Actual Working hour: around 27
Fuel: around $100
Tolls: 31.26
KM's Traveled: 605

I am so much addictive to surge only trips that I feel raped in my buttock if I drive non surge price.

All the people out there who are driving non-surge and making lot of money; best of luck and plz keep driving to take cheapos out of surge areas. I salute all the people who are working non surge trips and actually think they are making good money.

Once upon a time, I was ideal Uber driver. I was taking all the trips which were thrown towards me. I was offering water and mints to every single passenger. Because I was happy with the rates. Then came the March 2016 and Uber reduce the rates 15% without any consultation. I tried to work at reduce rates but to make living on those rates was very difficult. So slowly and slowly I evolve into surge only driver.

Sometime I feel shame that I am ripping off poor people with the help of Uber and forcing them to pay more than they should be. But I justify my shame by thinking that Uber reduces the rate and forced me to work for minimum possible wage. If @@@@@@@@@ in UBer office are only thinking for their profits, I have every right to think for my profit rather than providing charity rides on non surge trips.

Rant over...........

samsingh

Last week I did 100% surge only trips in the morning and afternoon peak hour traffic. Following are my stats:

I am so much addictive to surge only trips that I feel raped in my buttock if I drive non surge price.

All the people out there who are driving non-surge and making lot of money; best of luck and plz keep driving to take cheapos out of surge areas. I salute all the people who are working non surge trips and actually think they are making good money.

Once upon a time, I was ideal Uber driver. I was taking all the trips which were thrown towards me. I was offering water and mints to every single passenger. Because I was happy with the rates. Then came the March 2016 and Uber reduce the rates 15% without any consultation. I tried to work at reduce rates but to make living on those rates was very difficult. So slowly and slowly I evolve into surge only driver.

Sometime I feel shame that I am ripping off poor people with the help of Uber and forcing them to pay more than they should be. But I justify my shame by thinking that Uber reduces the rate and forced me to work for minimum possible wage. If @@@@@@@@@ in UBer office are only thinking for their profits, I have every right to think for my profit rather than providing charity rides on non surge trips.

Rant over...........
so what was ur acceptance rate?

Bob28

Rant over...........
?????
When u say Km traveled is that including your dead KM or only fare km
Also can't get it how u can get only long rides avare 15 km per trip
U dont know final destination before u pick pax

Punkdriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nothing new. And your numbers are not something special.

Sometimes it's good to take non surge trips instead of waiting 1 hour for the surge to come.
I am happy what I am doing. It's suite my lifestyle. If it's not surging, I take my tablet and work on my small online business. Also non-surge trips adds more millage, wear & tear on your car, and more fuel. Though my numbers are not making me millionaire but definitely it's helping me to float my boat till my small business becomes a giant.

Punkdriver

?????
When u say Km traveled is that including your dead KM or only fare km
Also can't get it how u can get only long rides avare 15 km per trip
U dont know final destination before u pick pax
Km traveled including dead Km's and KM from and to home. Most of my trips are small trips. But you only need 3 or 4 big trips on surge to make your week. My big fares last week were:

3 airport trips from South Yarra to Airport on Surge
1 trip from CBD to Burwood on surge
2 trips from St Kilda to Yarraville on Surge

Remaining all trips were local and small trips. my average trip distance is less than 8km. But when you factor in surge and time spent in peak hour traffic with passenger , things adds up quickly.

eXperiment

Km traveled including dead Km's and KM from and to home. Most of my trips are small trips. But you only need 3 or 4 big trips on surge to make your week. My big fares last week were:

3 airport trips from South Yarra to Airport on Surge
1 trip from CBD to Burwood on surge
2 trips from St Kilda to Yarraville on Surge

Remaining all trips were local and small trips. my average trip distance is less than 8km. But when you factor in surge and time spent in peak hour traffic with passenger , things adds up quickly.
top stuff...this is TRULY a powerful thread and REALLY gets to the gist of why you are doing this...assuming you not having a lend

two things or let me call them...thoughts

the more drivers pursue this line of attack, then I guess the more likely the surge starts to happen...or not. let me explain my theory, if the majority of drivers happily soak up non surge or low surge then they become locked up in traffic and you truly are in a prime possie and won't be in the notice of the poober gnomes as 'gaming' the system, ala 'surge machine' style. I believe there is also a much better chance of getting fatter surges in these circumstances.

If they instead all hang off and play the 'game', then a lot of those non surge pax will start walking to the station or battle it out on the trams and buses, or drive and park and so forth. That still leaves a lot of cars unoccupied, and ready to deal with any surge demand. Guess what, just because you got driver app off, I bet poober knows where all those driver's are and how many are styling it. Do you think they WON'T control the surge multiples then to change expectations and behaviours and other nasty tricks on drivers to boot? Taxi controllers done it for many a year.

Whatever it is, you seriously know your sh$t here, if of course you for real. Just make sure you keep it to yerself.

sleeze

with drivers like punkdriver only interested in lining their pockets letss hope uber collapses sooner than later it only proves that the averge uber driver is not interested in customer sservice and just like uber itself doesnt respect our laws

Jwoodsa

with drivers like punkdriver only interested in lining their pockets letss hope uber collapses sooner than later it only proves that the averge uber driver is not interested in customer sservice and just like uber itself doesnt respect our laws
And the Taxi Industry is so much better when it comes to customer service lol give me a break.
Piss off smelly cab driver!!

LevelX

Of it proves uber rates are too low to be driving non surge all the time. Just like taxi drivers, everyone needs to make money.

Tom2828

And the Taxi Industry is so much better when it comes to customer service lol give me a break.
Piss off smelly cab driver!!
+1

I'm sure he gives 5 stars customer service, he just don't want to drive for nothingand it is his right.
At least he's not stopping and bulshit the riders that he's finishing his shift like the cabbie's

UXDriver

Saturdays are surge only for me except between about 8 and 9pm where i will so a few trips

Then 10pm position myself for the surge to hit

Then 12am onwards CBD pickups only

Sundays surge only between 8am and 1pm

Weekday mornings surge only

Non surge at other times unfortunately but I average 70% surge trips week on week

I have to make $1.10 per KM week on week

Punkdriver

Lol..... Mr. Newbie! you already got your dose from other members so I will not say you anything more. Happy Driving :smiles:

Punkdriver

Saturdays are surge only for me except between about 8 and 9pm where i will so a few trips

Then 10pm position myself for the surge to hit

Then 12am onwards CBD pickups only

Sundays surge only between 8am and 1pm

Weekday mornings surge only

Non surge at other times unfortunately but I average 70% surge trips week on week

I have to make $1.10 per KM week on week
That's the way. Weekend and mornings surge only. Today I was on the road 7am but got my 1st job at 8am as I was waiting for the perfect surge to happen. By 9.30am I did 4 perfect 2+ surge jobs, made $91 (after Uber commission) by driving 35km and back to home.

Punkdriver

the more drivers pursue this line of attack, then I guess the more likely the surge starts to happen...or not. let me explain my theory, if the majority of drivers happily soak up non surge or low surge then they become locked up in traffic and you truly are in a prime possie and won't be in the notice of the poober gnomes as 'gaming' the system, ala 'surge machine' style. I believe there is also a much better chance of getting fatter surges in these circumstances.
Many drivers will not pursue this line of attack because when surge will appear couple of times and disappear and they will not get surge job, they will think chasing surge is not good as they could have a non-surge trip instead of wasting half an hour. For me it's different story as if not a surge job, I will be on my tablet refining my online business.

Whatever it is, you seriously know your sh$t here, if of course you for real.
lol..... I am real mate and very big critic of Uber unnecessary rates cut at the expense of drivers.

Bob28

In my case your strategy will not work
my hours for Uber are limited because is my second income so those hours i can drive need to make most of them
happy if my average is over $33 gross fares per hour after uber commission my average is $27.5 per hour
I dont drive mornings only late afternoon after 05.00 pm to 11.00pm and Sat night 7.00pm to 02.00am and sometimes Sunday late morning start after 09.00 am to 05.00pm
On average driving 35 hours per week with 945 km after uber commission around $960 per week before car exp