• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Last day of Uber

Peter Vann

Eventually. With all the talk about how rideshare is less and less a viable option for making $$ / loss of surge, etc - I started thinking about my eventual last day. Has anyone thought about what you might do on your last day? Play your favorite music loud ? Vent to pax? Call out annoying pax? Tell the pax why it’s your last day?

Seattle_my_beloved

Eventually. With all the talk about how rideshare is less and less a viable option for making $$ / loss of surge, etc - I started thinking about my eventual last day. Has anyone thought about what you might do on your last day? Play your favorite music loud ? Vent to pax? Call out annoying pax? Tell the pax why it’s your last day?
I will have no last day, ever!!! I will drive for fun lol.

Peter Vann

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will have no last day, ever!!! I will drive for fun lol.
Me too - I suppose. But there will be a last day. And on that last day, assuming you know it to be as such, what would you do differently. If anything
Post automatically merged:

I would actually probably do that. Just be extreme part time. Take a few rides every so often if I wanted to upgrade my computer or something like that.
Yes - that’s kind of how I am. Esp to but that $1,000-ish Taylor guitar

Play death metal and smoke a cigar while driving on the east sidez let out some loud farts and swear like a sailor.
That’s more like it.

Seattle_my_beloved

One of my passengers once told me that they were picked up by a Ford Raptor at the airport lol. Obviously that guy was doing it for fun, or some pocket change or whatever.

Captainfantasitc SG8

What is your dream car? My dream car is the Toyota Land Cruiser or its Lexus clone LX570. I only like trucks and suv's, I'm not a fan of sports cars
I have a lot of dream cars honestly, like 10 of em. But the ultimate goal is a Ferrari(grew up watching F1 with shcumacher smoking everyone in his Ferrari). But I wouldn't mind buying other nice cars if I could. The list in ascending order is g wagon, alpina b7, Porsche targa 911, Bentley conti.

Seattle_my_beloved

Me too - I suppose. But there will be a last day. And on that last day, assuming you know it to be as such, what would you do differently. If anything

Yes - that’s kind of how I am. Esp to but that $1,000-ish Taylor guitar

That’s more like it.
OK, I got you now. The day when I feel that, OK this thing is pocket change for me now. I think I will buy a new car, for myself. It will be a very emotional moment for me, finally I will be able to afford a car.

I will stand in front of Toyota, with a Land Cruiser behind me, and I will be able to afford that land cruiser, without depending on ridesharing.

20190330_212949.jpg

Peter Vann

OK, I got you now. The day when I feel that, OK this thing is pocket change for me now. I think I will buy a new car, for myself. It will be a very emotional moment for me, finally I will be able to afford a car.

I will stand in front of Toyota, with a Land Cruiser behind me, and I will be able to afford that land cruiser, without depending on ridesharing.

View attachment 308354
I love cool cars. But my “dream car” is kind of lame - a new forester. Or maybe crosstrek. Not an end in itself but a means to an end. If money was no object I’d own a rod. Maybe Porsche. And an American muscle car - 63 impala maybe

Seattle_my_beloved

I love cool cars. But my “dream car” is kind of lame - a new forester. Or maybe crosstrek. Not an end in itself but a means to an end. If money was no object I’d own a rod. Maybe Porsche. And an American muscle car - 63 impala maybe
Come on bro, the new Rav4 kills the Forrester :biggrin:
Anyway, regarding American muscle car, I love the Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel, Power Wagon lol. @@@@ the ozone layer, I will park it next to a Tesla :biggrin:

20190330_214739.jpg

Peter Vann

Come on bro, the new Rav4 kills the Forrester :biggrin:
Anyway, regarding American muscle car, I love the Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel, Power Wagon lol. @@@@ the ozone layer, I will park it next to a Tesla :biggrin:

View attachment 308357
Classic muscle car - from early 60’s to around ‘71 or so. Impala. Or ‘65 dart w/ Hemi. Idk. But I had a 2005 forester - bought new. Best car I ever had - snow, logging roads, etc. quality.

Seattle_my_beloved

Classic muscle car - from early 60’s to around ‘71 or so. Impala. Or ‘65 dart w/ Hemi. Idk. But I had a 2005 forester - bought new. Best car I ever had - snow, logging roads, etc. quality.
True. I was kidding about that Rav4 thing. When it comes to all wheel drive, I think Subaru is the only company which gets it right. Toyota and Honda suck, unless you get a truck from them. Their crossovers' AWD suck. Those Subies are awsome.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Drive like I actually want to drive through city streets, like a race car driver, disregarding the speed limit and smooth accel/decel. Pop the clutch to make the tires squeal. Play loud rap with foul language.

On second thought nah, driving like a maniac has a cost...even if I don't get a ticket. But hey maybe I could at least offer pax the option of at least squealing tires.

Here's one viable thing you could do on your last day(s)/week(s): openly solicit pax for scheduled trips off the app. Get enough of them and maybe full blown commercial insurance makes sense. Many of you probably already do this; I just don't because I have no interest in putting that much effort into it, and I don't want Uber to get jealous and DA me. The app is so convenient; pre-scheduled trips aren't.