1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Last 500 Rated Uber Trips

Discussion in 'Boston' started by rosco78, Sep 16, 2018.

1. rosco78

rosco78

I’m trying to get a perfect 5.0 as a driver. Almost 2500 rides and a 4.99 Uber rating. I mean, I know you can’t please everybody but I think I’m pretty close.....haha...What we’re those 6 people thinking that gave me 4 stars?

Attached Files:

2. Brian G.

Brian G.

Driving:
    UberX
    Did they even tip bro? Lol

3. Your actually a 4.988 to be exact, it will only go down

nj2bos likes this.
  4. Very impressive. What's your secret sauce?

5. Funnyhead88

Funnyhead88

Driving:
    UberX
    In my opinion 2500 is too low to boast about your rating. Come back when you have at 4000 rides under your belt.

6. rosco78

rosco78

Yeah, it’s a lot like you guys....I’ll get tips from about 20-25% of pax.....it varies every week. A little higher some weeks....a little lower other weeks. I keep the same baseline with every rider and try to engage the rider on some level....just honest communication.

Brian G. likes this.
  7. divo183

divo183

Driving:
    UberX
    Only if higher rating would get you paid more.. Good thing is I’ll be making the same per mile, per minute rate and stay activated with my 4.55 rating.
    Still
    49A3A67D-CFB3-450F-99C1-D75C80AA2CFA.gif
    to your rating!

8. I’m at 4.97 with a little over 9500 trips and have hovered around there between 4.95 -4.98 for nearly all of that time. I too have chased the unicorn of perfection alas never to come closer than 4.98

I’ve come to the realization that it is impossible to please that many people in a row. Some people are just dicks and will never give you a 5 and an occasional few will 1-Star you for no reason at all. I’m not perfect but I’ve never done anything that I feel warrants a 1-star, but some people just aren’t going to like you and ding you for it becuase they can. My longest consecutive 5-Star streaks are in the 70’s and 80’s but now I can’t even track that info with the new app. Sure it shows you specific number of each rating in the last 500, but it no longer shows total lifetime rated trips or lifetime 5-Star trips.

I’ve had this conversation with a number of pax who commented about my high rating, joking that I’d rather have a 4.99 so riders wouldn’t see my 5.0 and think I was a noob and insta-cancel. One guy had a pretty good sense of humor. I noticed a $4.99 tip shortly after dropping him and his buddies off after a concert last year. Touché good sir!

Attached Files:

9. How would that make any difference? If anything, the more rides he gives the most he has mastered the art of getting 5 star reviews...

Not true. He most likely gets paid more via tips

10. The bottom line is, pax think a rating of 4.83 is awesome.

11. E30addixt

E30addixt

Driving:
    UberX
    Ha. The more rides I do the lower my rating trends because the less I give a $hit. I don't need to master the art of getting five stars, I need to master the art of maximizing my income.

12. divo183

divo183

Driving:
    UberX
    Have a 5.0 star rating and just drive millennial around and see how much more extra you’ll make in tips.
    I’ll be fine with my extra $50-$60 in tips for my 30-40 rides I do a week...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Ghwwe72 and ubermaster5000 like this.
  13. NO offense to the OP, but I have to laugh at these people that brag about "7392 rides and a 4.98 rating". Which actually means "500 rated rides and a 4.98 rating". Hey I'm a millionaire......if you add up all the money I have made in my entire life of working since I was 16.

CTK, BostonTaxiDriver and Arb Watson like this.
  14. fermatamew

fermatamew

OP, congratulations on your excellent rating. I think perfection is pretty out of reach, because many people think 4 stars is a perfectly fine rating for a perfectly fine ride. I had this conversation with a very close friend of mine, a man who is successful, thoughtful, considerate, brilliant, etc. He just thinks that a 5 should go to someone who goes above and beyond. I'm at 4.95 after 1300+ rides and very happy with that. For the posters who don't give a you-know-what, you should realize that each of us represents the Uber brand, whether we want to or not. Imagine if EVERY driver maintained a pleasant demeanor, engaged passengers, thanked them for the ride, provided interesting tourist tips, etc. . . Then Uber's reputation would improve and would benefit all of us, and yes, we'd all make more in tips. Some folks just don't care about the long view . . .

15. Sam222

Sam222

Well done. The best is that every 4 or 5 pax tip.

What’s your secret?

16. E30addixt

E30addixt

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol. Going the extra mile lately seems to be knowing what you're doing and not trying to kill people.

I watched at 3 rideshare drivers go the wrong way down 1 way streets. Hemingway at Boylston and surface road st Clinton st. were 2 of the locations.

One driver had a group of pax in the car and had to do a u turn. Wide eyes on the pax faces!

Beyond stupid and how you get people hurt :confused:

No amount of chatting up people is going to overcome the image of dangerous drivers....

Ghwwe72 likes this.
  17. UberwithDan

UberwithDan

Driving:
    UberX
    Had one last night on brattle st, then later one on memorial, that one was scary.

18. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    [​IMG]

Solid 5 likes this.
  19. UberwithDan

UberwithDan

Driving:
    UberX
    until they start paying more for higher ratings, I wouldn't concern myself. It's stress you don't need.

john1975, divo183 and Tysmith95 like this.
  20. Exactly FozzieFozzie ......how can a driver have a rating of anything under 4.80 at worst? I'm sorry, and go ahead and flame me all you want, but if a driver has a rating of anything close to 4.80 they suck plain and simple. I don't want to hear "riders won't give 5 stars out of spite" or "riders won't give 5 stars for the smallest things like not offering water". That's BS. I've done over 2500 total Ubers (1300 Lyfts), over 1400 RATED rides with Uber, I have gotten less then 5 stars 79 times. That's 1 out of about every 18 rated rides on average. I've gone weeks without a sub-5 star. I've gotten two in a day before. I've gotten ones and twos. I'm no superstar but that is one of the BIGGEST problems with the rideshares, is letting crap drivers with crap cars "work" for them. No wonder some drivers complain about not making money. Maybe they need to look in the mirror.

john1975, fermatamew and Fozzie like this.