X Drive LV

Hi,

This is my first post. I'm wanting to upgrade to a brand new car, and thought I may as well get one that would be possible for Uber XL also.

I have seen that the Ford Transit Passenger vans are not accepted, but I am wondering about the smaller Ford Transit Connect?

Lyft also does not accept the standard Transit, but has accepted the smaller Transit Connect.

Ford lists it under "Crossovers" on their website.

Any insight would be great. I have asked Uber Support several times and have not gotten an answer.

Cheers!

LV-Reni

Hi,
This is my first post. I'm wanting to upgrade to a brand new car, and thought I may as well get one that would be possible for Uber XL also.
I have seen that the Ford Transit Passenger vans are not accepted, but I am wondering about the smaller Ford Transit Connect?
Lyft also does not accept the standard Transit, but has accepted the smaller Transit Connect.
Just get a regular van. I don't think Uber allows any configuration of the Transit.

gerg

Cadillac Escalade is a good vehicle that you can use for x, xl, and select. Cheerio old chap.

kojeislandincha

Hi,

Any insight would be great. I have asked Uber Support several times and have not gotten an answer.

Cheers!
Cheers. To U!

X Drive LV

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Vegas recently got rid of XL only profiles. Which means you'll be driving uberX in your XL vehicle and probably get 9 out of 10 pings will be uberX.
I didn't know that. Thx. Does XL pay enough extra to make it worth it for the extra ride here and there?
Go find a different part time job.
You will not be happy driving for uber/lyft. It sucks big time unless you know how to hustle on the strip.
I'm already making between $400&$500 a week driving X on Fri, Sat, Sun in a older Civic. Hang in there. You just need to find the right spots.
Just get a regular van. I don't think Uber allows any configuration of the Transit.
Thanks. That sux because the connect is such a cheap vehicle to get into compared to other similar vehicles.
Cadillac Escalade is a good vehicle that you can use for x, xl, and select. Cheerio old chap.
Thats out of my price range. But thx for the reco.

Vegas E

Hi,

Cheers!
Not a good time to buy a an expensive car for Uber. Go through the auction and get a decent used minivan or SUV until the LUX service is initiated. Then make a determination based on potential revenue. You might want to try renting different cars and driving them as rideshare vehicles, to see which one works best for you.

Colddesertsnow

Please drive for a month and see if this gig is good for you! Then if you like it then get a vehicle! If you can swing it! A vechicle that can offer all three platforms is the definite money maker and guaranteed 5 star ratings. But slow seasons starts tomorrow and with so many drivers driving making money is going to be really tuff if you don't know what your doing.

uberxreallysux

View attachment 59624 View attachment 59623

Just remember, you're asking for a lot of 3 stars(out of 5) driving pax around with this kind of car. Good luck and Go get those peanuts driver!
The uber/lyft cars with all the fancy decal and flashy lights are so hilarious. So gullible. Uber rate is so low and drivers spend their own money for all those fancy decal signs. I drive undercover without any signs.

Dontmakemepullauonyou

The uber/lyft cars with all the fancy decal and flashy lights are so hilarious. So gullible. Uber rate is so low and drivers spend their own money for all those fancy decal signs. I drive undercover without any signs.
I'm the same way. If Pax asks why I don't have a sticker, I just say "oh must've forget it when I was cleaning the windows yesterday" works everytime to shut them up.