Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Driver Information

Farman vegas

Hoax.... News. Showed Evidence of a Setup.....This proves the Taxi Oligarchy Exists Here and Now Be Aware!
Google: Uber driver Preston Conner in Las Vegas problems with the NTA channel 13 news/
KNTV.

Over 20% of Nevada Transportation Authority and Nevada Taxicab Authority budget comes from citations.

Both agencies are self funding.

Never take a cash ride as an Uber driver. Ever !

Reactions: LVC

getemtheresafely

Hope I'm posting in the correct thread, Okay so I'm new to Vegas (2 months now)......been an uBer driver in LA for 4 1/2 years....just got my Nevada DL and changed my plates and insurance to Nevada...
What exactly do I need to become a "legit" uBer driver here in Vegas? So many different things I am reading online, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing BEFORE I get started .........
-I read the "wiki" at the beginning of the post...alot of good info
-I have not signed up for Vegas uBer yet, and as far as uBer is concerned I'm still registered in California (however as of today, I have Nevada residency (NorthLV), plates, insurance and DL......
-Should I officially "retire" my LA uBer account before signing up with Vegas uBer or is there a process where I will be able to keep the same email and phone number?
-any additional info on licensing, credentials, costs?
-Saw conflicting info in the wiki where it says North Las Vegas is not required to have a biz license?

.......Any and all advice is welcomed

Drivincrazy

Check to see if you need a Nevada drivers license for one full year before NV eligible. I think I saw that somewhere. GL.

Farman vegas

According to the Chairwomen of the Nevada Transportation Authority (NTA) in February 2018 transportation networking companies (TNC's) have seen the cumulative driver count has grown by twenty-fold in Nevada since September 15, 2015. The number of TNC drivers cumulatively by February 2018 had hit the amazing number of 100,000 in Nevada.

If you are part of the minuscule amount of TNC drivers that have been required to get a Nevada State Business License during your tenure as an Uber/Lyft driver please do not forget to fill out your cancellation statement form with the Secretary of State Office.

Of course, this being Nevada if you forget the cancellation form you will be fined up to $300. The cancellation form can be found on the website:www.nvsos.gov or you can contact their office at (755) 684-5708.

Good luck in your future endeavors and be delighted you did not have to work with Express POOL and the rollout of the new driver Uber app with "new Charlotte" surge pricing system.

Last edited:

getemtheresafely

If you are part of the minuscule amount of TNC drivers that have been required to get a Nevada State Business License during your tenure as an Uber/Lyft driver please do not forget to fill out your cancellation statement form with the Secretary of State Office.
"minuscule"??
Isn't it a requirement for all new Las Vegas Nevada drivers to get a state business license?........ and why would one "cancel" if its required to drive for uber?

PS-In between the heartaches of moving, unpacking, transferring and organizing household and financial affairs associated with my move, I have been looking at different posts here and other sights trying to gather information to select the best "course of action" before actually signing up as a Vegas driver (uBerX)

Farman vegas

"minuscule"??
Isn't it a requirement for all new Las Vegas Nevada drivers to get a state business license?........ and why would one "cancel" if its required to drive for uber?

PS-In between the heartaches of moving, unpacking, transferring and organizing household and financial affairs associated with my move, I have been looking at different posts here and other sights trying to gather information to select the best "course of action" before actually signing up as a Vegas driver (uBerX)
As a new driver in the State of Nevada you get six months of driving a TNC prior to having to pay the 200$ fee for the state business license. The vast majority of TNC drivers never last the six months so they never get a business license. If you decide to make the six month time period,when you quit fill out the cancellation form at the end of your tenure as a TNC driver in Nevada. SB 554 requires all TNC drivers in Nevada to have a Nevada Business License. This law went into affect on October 1, 2017. When Gov. Sandoval signed SB 554 it allowed new TNC drivers a grace period. Best lobbyist firm in America crushed that battle !

I strongly recommend than you read Bill Gurley blog "Above the Crowd" posted yesterday entitled:" The Thing I love Most about Uber".

Good Luck and Uber on !

1974toyota

Las Vegas TNC Information Wiki

Below is information and links for both new and current Uber and Lyft Drivers. Information will be updated as things change.

Business Licensing

All TNC drivers must possess a State of Nevada Business License and Clark County Business License. It is advisable you print a copy of your licenses and keep them in your glove compartment, as enforcement officers are known to request copies.

State of Nevada - You register online here

Cost is $200 annually with renewals at $100. Most drivers register as a “Sole Proprietor” as a TNC Driver. Questions regarding other types (General partnership, LLC, etc.) should be directed to your Tax consultant.

State law calls for penalties of not less than $1000 up to $10,000 for "willfully failing or neglecting to obtain or renew" a State Business License. (NRS 76.180)

Clark CountyYou can download application here.

All drivers will be required to have a Clark County Business License. Cost is $25 annually. You must have a State Business License to apply for a County license. County law requires TNC to suspend any driver that does not have a license. County requires you to print the "Application - Driver - DRI", complete it and either go in person or mail it to the address provided.

Incorporated Cities -
At present Las Vegas, Henderson or North Las Vegas do not require individual driver business licenses.

Insurance
There are many threads regarding which insurance carriers in Nevada accept TNC drivers. Use search to determine which is right for you.

It is advisable that drivers carry a copy of the Uber and/or Lyft policies. They are available on your app (under waybill). You might consider carrying a printed copy in your glove compartment and/or phone. Click for the Uber certificate and Click for the Lyft certificate

Trade Dress & Inspection Decals

The inspection sticker(s) issued by Uber and Lyft must be permanently attached to the windshield in the lower right corner.

Trade dress must be displayed in the lower right corner whenever you're in driver mode.

Hotel Pick Ups

This is ever-changing and we try to maintain an updated list.

A good list with diagrams from Lyft

A Google Spreadsheet that is updated by forum members. It includes Off-Strip locations.
If you have issues with the spreadsheet or have corrections please post them in the Spreadsheet Thread

For new drivers LV_Driver has put together some videos of some of the Strip hotel Pick-up spots to help you get visually acquainted. They can be found in this thread.

Suggestions-

1. Bookmark the link(s) on your phone/tablet browser. If you get a request for a location you’re not familiar, open the link on your device for easy reference.

2. If you use Waze, when you first arrive at a designated location save it as a favorite. Next time you get a request for that location, call it up as a Favorite and it’ll navigate you there – "Once at the location press and hold on the map where you want your location. Then click on the arrow on the popup and name it with hotel name".

3. If you use Google Maps - Click on your location and you get the details page. In the upper right corner there is an outline of a star. Touch that and it turns yellow and adds that location to "Starred places". You can access it anytime from maps by going to menu>starred places.

Airport

Passengers will be charged $2.45 for their pick-up and $2.45 for their drop-off. This is an airport fee that is automatically added to the tariff by airport software tied to the Uber or Lyft software.

Airport Drop-Offs –

Terminals - Drop off passengers at the Departure Curbs area at the passenger's carrier of choice.

Rental Car Center - Drop off area.

Airport Pick-Ups

Staging (waiting) – To be eligible for a pickup at the airport driver must first be in the staging lot. Only drivers within the boundaries of the staging lot will receive pings. It's First In First Out (FIFO) and not "closest" to the passenger ping. The lot is located near Terminal 3. You will not receive requests in any area on airport property other than the staging lot.

To plan your airport stage - you might consult the Airport Arrivals page (tap "Scheduled" at top of column to place in chronological order). https://www.mccarran.com/Fly/Arrivals.aspx

Again, It's "First In-First Out" (FIFO) once you're in the staging area. If you log out, leave the lot, or don’t accept a ride, you’ll lose your spot so we can be fair to all drivers. If the rider cancels run to the staging lot and you will not lose your place in line.

Pick-Ups – Once you have received a ping, proceed to the Terminal. Please call and instruct your passengers to follow the "Ride Share" signs from the main terminal to the designated parking garage (level & section) where you will meet.

Terminal 1 - Pick up passengers on Level 2M of the Public Parking garage. When you call your passenger these instructions might help - "From Baggage Claim, take the elevator near door #2 (behind Information booth) up to level 2. Cross the pedestrian bridge on level 2 to the Terminal 1 Parking Garage. The Ride Share pick up is located on level 2M of the parking garage."

Directions from Staging area to Terminal 1 - Follow to the left of the taxi line, proceed till you see the Rent a Car Buses; make a U-turn in from of the taxis. Proceed past the first intersection to the stop sign. Proceed straight under the overpass - sign says “To Terminal 1”. Stay to the left in the second lane. Follow signs of the Terminal 1 garage and the Valet sign.

Terminal 3 - Pick up passengers on the Valet Level of the Parking garage. When you call your passengers these instructions might help - "From Baggage Claim, take the elevator near door #52, #54 or #56 up to level 1. Cross the pedestrian bridge on level 1 to the Terminal 3 Parking Garage. The Ride Share pick up is located on the Valet level of the parking garage."

Rental Car Center: Pick up passengers from the far left lane next to the Taxicab loading area.

Airport Rules –

1. Trade Dress must be displayed at all times.

2. If You're Approached by a LAS Authority -
  • Authorities at LAS may ask you for proof that you're a rideshare driver, and approved to drive at LAS.
  • Show the app with your current ride information.
  • Point out the toggle that shows you're in driver mode.
  • You'll need to be in driver mode anytime you're at the airport.
3. Do not pick up passengers from “Arrivals” at the main terminal entrances.

4. Do not wait on the terminal roadway if your passenger is delayed. Head to the staging lot (pictured below) and wait there. If the staging lot is full, you will need to leave airport property.

5. Do not solicit passengers by vocally calling out or using any other means, nor solicit on behalf of any motel, hotel, day or night club, etc.

6. Do Not utilize any other person or agent, including but not limited to Airport Sky Caps, Baggage Check persons, or any other employees to solicit passengers in any manner whatsoever.

Uber Partner Support Center
Located at 4180 S. Ft. Apache. It's open from 10am to 6pm Monday thru Friday.

Drive Smarter
A lot of useful information about how to drive, expenses, taxes, etc. can be found in this blog.

New Drivers
OPT OUT OF BINDING ARBITRATION - New Partner Agreement, Binding Arbitration Provision Explained

PLEASE NOTE - Replies should be related only to this wiki or they will be moderated.

good info

Farman vegas

If you have waited for the last few days to get your business license from Clark County be aware the wait this afternoon was over 45 minutes for first time applicants.
If you are one of the countless new Uber drivers in Vegas you have to get your state business license prior to getting your Clark County business license: please-follow the instructions in the email Uber sent everyone that outlined the option available to you. It would appear individuals have not been reading the email and trying to obtain the Clark County business without having a state business license first.

If you are part of the 2015 original Uber drivers team it is just a few minutes at the cashier counter to pay for your renewal for your business license no waiting time required. Unfortunately, if you have an address change welcome to the new green light hub in Vegas.

The old brown shirts at the airport are going to have a field day writing tickets to Uber drivers on November 1st.

The next step will be once the Democratic Party have a super majority in the Nevada Legislature NYC TNC rules and regulations for Uber drivers in Nevada.

Last edited:

Farman vegas

For Uber drivers who did not drive in 2015 at McCarran International Airport prior to Uber being approved to drop off and pick-up at the airport: I would strongly suggest you do not take Uber passengers to the airport if your vehicle does not have the laminated copy of the Clark County Business License on November 1st.

This time around it would appear at the present time Uber will not pay for your tickets like in the good old days when TJ ran the shop.

The brown shirt at the airport not play around they will give you a ticket for not having the laminated (orange colored) business license from Clark County on your windscreen/ right hand lower corner on November 1st. It will cost you 200$ for the first ticket.

Hopefully, the top brass at Uber without TK will organize the app so you will not get a trip to McCarran International Airport with an opt out option into the app for new Uber drivers who thought that the Legislature had approved a six month time period for new Uber drivers prior to having to get the additional “Kirkpatrick gift” with Clark County Commission money grab for the new business license.

If you have waited to the last minute to start the process for your licenses the lines at Clark County business licensing office this morning they had a line of Uber drivers even at 8’o clock in the morning. As many Uber drivers are struggling with the online process.

In the old days if you paid the ticket early from the airport they would give you a discount of the price. Unfortunately with the new “Kirkpatrick gift” to Uber drivers I am unsure if that will be the case this time.

For the individuals who have gotten the laminated business license from Clark County enjoy the surge pricing. Congratulations for being organized and getting the license application done in the first week of October.

Well done !

KenLV

Dear lord people, go online, the process is painless and took less than 5 minutes.

All you need is your NV bus lic number and credit/debit card or checking account.

Cost. $25.53 and, CCC Office, the receipt is your proof and valid until you get your card.

If you can't figure this out, please, throw away your car keys before you kill someone.

Farman vegas

Quick update for everyone. You now have until December 1st 2018 to not get a citation from McCarran International Airport for not having the orange business license.

If you have not applied for your Clark County business license please take advantage to this kind action by someone and get everything everything in order so you can operate correctly.

Uber on !

MHR

C00EC5C0-B91E-4B40-9899-77E4ABCD4E74.jpeg

This thread is to be used to keep the Las Vegas forum updated on all the rules, regulations and licenses specifically required to drive ride share in this territory. It's also for any other logistical information related to your territory.
~ Thanks​