Las Vegas Uber Driver Killed

gerg

Ford Fiesta, Spring Mt and Polaris. Killed by drunk driver. I didn't know Ford Fiesta qualified, but I'm sure uber will make things right with his family.
Screenshot_20170925-181810.png

VegasR

Someone else gave this advice already. But in Vegas, don't treat green lights as green lights when they first turn green. Treat them more like stop signs.

A couple years ago I spaced out for a few seconds, and didn't go when the light changed. Just by accident. I then pulled forward. Missed getting t boned hard on the driver side by a couple feet. Now I always pause and look. People here run red lights like crazy.

Last edited:

Tool727

Ford Fiesta, Spring Mt and Polaris. Killed by drunk driver. I didn't know Ford Fiesta qualified, but I'm sure uber will make things right with his family. View attachment 161587
Unless I'm reading this wrong, or Rousakov subsequently passed away as well, it would seem that it was the Uber pax that was killed, not the Uber driver.

beezlewaxin

Its been on the news on tv every broadcast today, on channel 3-1.

They only mention, "Uber Driver", and not once do they mention this person's name. This is on channel 3 news. Nor do they mention if the Uber Driver is male or female or has a family or kids or if anyone will miss him/her like they do for the passenger as it's at least a 3 minute emotional segment.

And it's completely different than the story on their own website, which is all facts no emotional angle whatsoever.
But glad to see the drivers name is mentioned in the website story you posted.

-------

Green means caution like it's been said. Actually since someone first said they pause when it turns green I think of that every time I am at a light now and make extra sure to look both ways before proceeding. Same for railroad tracks..

Last edited:

Uber Steve LV

Its been on the news on tv every broadcast today, on channel 3-1.

They only mention, "Uber Driver", and not once do they mention this person's name. This is on channel 3 news. Nor do they mention if the Uber Driver is male or female or has a family or kids or if anyone will miss him/her like they do for the passenger as it's at least a 3 minute emotional segment.

And it's completely different than the story on their own website, which is all facts no emotional angle whatsoever.
But glad to see the drivers name is mentioned in the website story you posted.
Just called channel 3 and said they need to report his name. I gave it to him, he just wasn't an Uber Driver, he's a human being. I told him how Uber Drivers are disrespected around this town and the least they could do is mention the guys name.

TransporterX

Wonder what Uber will compensate or help his family?
I opted in for the 4c/mile of Uber insurance. What will it give me if i was the driver? I kinda forgot when i signed it up.

Daniel Harbin

I’ve always told passengers if they are going to drive here that, when you are at a red light...wait at least a second or two. Red light running is an epidemic here. My dash cam catches it almost everyday. Worse here than anywhere I’ve lived.
A good reason for red light cams.

Wonder what Uber will compensate or help his family?
I opted in for the 4c/mile of Uber insurance. What will it give me if i was the driver? I kinda forgot when i signed it up.
Probably not a dang thing. 4 cents a mile is a ripoff, that's thousand miles for 40 bucks. In a busy week I can rack up a thousand miles.