Las Vegas Uber driver attacked by two A-A teens.

Newsrunner

I saw the video and if you listen carefully you can hear one of the kids say Well? Why did you start it? Is there some sort of fee you get for starting the ride and then cancelling it right away? I'm a weird driver, where I don't cancel rides and just take anyone since I signed up for this. But if the driver had no intention of taking these 2 kids because they were underage then why did he start it? If it's a scam that some drivers do to recoup some money, then you take the risk of pissing off people. I'm not saying that these two idiots were in the right but looking at how people are irrational these days, was the $5 or whatever worth it to get punched in the head?

Newsrunner

You should keep a gun in your car when you drive with Uber just in case something happen you can defend yourself
I would be hugely careful about that. If you get pulled over and the cop sees that gun? You're gonna get drawn down on then it becomes a huge time delay because you're gonna be detained until they figure out if you're legally allowed to carry a loaded weapon in the car. Unless you're an off-duty cop doing Uber, I wouldn't recommend carrying a gun. I know a lot of cops and they've all said if they see the butt of a gun upon approaching the driver? They draw down on them and it gets all bad.

Newsrunner

But the costumer is always right
Actually, if you want to break it down? The Rider is the customer of Uber, not the customer of the Driver. Technically, we are not employees of Uber so we don't represent Uber. And that's the advantage of being an independent contractor. As long as it's not a legality issue, Riders complaining about how the Driver didn't do this or that won't mean a thing. As long as it doesn't go against policy of Uber, for example, Uber X ride and the Driver dropped at corner instead of actual address. Especially if the Rider is Uber XP. It just sucks that the Rider can leave a lower star rating just because we didn't wipe their butts.

mrwy

way to point out race. full video not releases but from what is released you can see the tone of the driver and on top of that the driver made mistakes.

Cant justify the hit but I doubt the guy was injured.

Just BS

They broke a bone in his face. Focking POS little punks are just beginning their criminal lives. Nothing will happen to them... and those excusing their actions/behaviors because of some perceived racial prejudice are why these two a-holes will spend the majority of their lives behind bars.

mrwy

They broke a bone in his face. Focking POS little punks are just beginning their criminal lives. Nothing will happen to them... and those excusing their actions/behaviors because of some perceived racial prejudice are why these two a-holes will spend the majority of their lives behind bars.

life behind bars for punching a guy eh?

btw, no injuries officialy reported.

Newsrunner

way to point out race. full video not releases but from what is released you can see the tone of the driver and on top of that the driver made mistakes.

The guy did get hurt below the eye. I did listen to what the Teens were saying to the guy and I think you're right about the Driver making mistakes.

His mistake was starting the ride to either:
1. He gets in the habit of starting the ride before the Riders are entered into the vehicle
2. He starts the ride with the intention of not doing the ride at all (since they were minors) but wanted to scam the system and get a few bucks out of it.

Again, I'm not going to say that the acts of the teens are justified, but we are often times dealing with people that are irrational and have zero idea of how they're going to handle the situation when we tell them we are not giving them a ride. Because the way the video looked? The teens' original intent were not to beat up the Driver, they just wanted a ride. If the Driver stated that he wasn't going to give them the Ride and just canceled (without starting the ride in the app) then the Teens might have left. But if you listen carefully, you can see the kid in the back seat look at his phone and said, "Why did you start it?"

If people here are going to say no that the Driver was not trying to scam them. I call BS. I've had Riders up and down tell me that Drivers will come up, drive by, cancel and then leave. Then the Rider gets charged that $5 fee with some of the money going to the Driver. Then it's now at the burden of the Rider to email Uber to get their $5 back. And the Driver still gets to keep the Cancel fee.

mrwy

That's not what I said. This is how thug life begins. "He just punched a guy in his face". What's next, robbing someone at knifepoint? "They were such nice boys, I can't believe the cops shot them". This is just the beginning of a life of crime.

Im guessing your not from this country and are not aware of urban culture. These kids arent even thugs.

Newsrunner

That's not what I said. This is how thug life begins. "He just punched a guy in his face". What's next, robbing someone at knifepoint? "They were such nice boys, I can't believe the cops shot them". This is just the beginning of a life of crime.
Or you hear the family member with the, "Oh, Johnny was involved in gangs but that was in the past and he was just trying to get his life together after he was just released from jail last month. Oh, now we'll never know how things will be because of the big bad mean cop that shot him for no reason."

mrwy

The guy did get hurt below the eye. I did listen to what the Teens were saying to the guy and I think you're right about the Driver making mistakes.

His mistake was starting the ride to either:
1. He gets in the habit of starting the ride before the Riders are entered into the vehicle
2. He starts the ride with the intention of not doing the ride at all (since they were minors) but wanted to scam the system and get a few bucks out of it.

Again, I'm not going to say that the acts of the teens are justified, but we are often times dealing with people that are irrational and have zero idea of how they're going to handle the situation when we tell them we are not giving them a ride. Because the way the video looked? The teens' original intent were not to beat up the Driver, they just wanted a ride. If the Driver stated that he wasn't going to give them the Ride and just canceled (without starting the ride in the app) then the Teens might have left. But if you listen carefully, you can see the kid in the back seat look at his phone and said, "Why did you start it?"

If people here are going to say no that the Driver was not trying to scam them. I call BS. I've had Riders up and down tell me that Drivers will come up, drive by, cancel and then leave. Then the Rider gets charged that $5 fee with some of the money going to the Driver. Then it's now at the burden of the Rider to email Uber to get their $5 back. And the Driver still gets to keep the Cancel fee.

Since the video does not show it from the point the pax got in we dint know exactaly what happen. When the video started it was the driver who was worked up and you can see the pax trying to restrain.

I doubt the driver was calm and professional at any time.