Las Vegas ride should be minimum $10.00

GoBigBlue

But if they made strip rides automatic $10, then there would be no drivers for the rest of town.. Why do a pickup from Henderson to the strip for $11 net when Cosmo to MGM is the same price?

Uberx Vegas

But if they made strip rides automatic $10, then there would be no drivers for the rest of town.. Why do a pickup from Henderson to the strip for $11 net when Cosmo to MGM is the same price?
Yeah I agree with $10 bucks ... $10 should not be just strip it should be every Where in nv.

Henderson

The strip is a mess this aft. If your not on a surge it is a wate of time. Went from M bay to Ceaser P got 4.56 no tip. Took 18 minutes. I am now at home in Henderson

usnftc

The strip is a mess this aft. If your not on a surge it is a wate of time. Went from M bay to Ceaser P got 4.56 no tip. Took 18 minutes. I am now at home in Henderson
It sounds like you made a good decision. I am also chilling at home today with my family.

Suburban LV

You should get paid at least $5 a ride..

Went out driving because I got my deactivation warning for not driving in awhile and after having to drive over 10 minutes to pick up a pax, collected a little under $3 for the fare.

RIDICULOUS...

I don't get it how UBER does not surge a passenger if there is not a driver within 5 minutes away...

Nairb

You should get paid at least $5 a ride..
Why would Uber do that? Apparently, they have no problem getting drivers to drive around people for less.

I don't get it how UBER does not surge a passenger if there is not a driver within 5 minutes away...
How long did the app say it would take you to arrive?

LV-Reni

Why would Uber do that? Apparently, they have no problem getting drivers to drive around people for less.
Well Uber would make more money if the minimum was $10, so that would be the "why" part.

I do have to agree that the minimum should be raised and I think $10 is about right. I also think the "per minute" charge should be raised significantly. Sitting in traffic in a Taxi, that meter just keeps rolling. Sitting in traffic in a Uber rider.....not so much.

usnftc

Well Uber would make more money if the minimum was $10, so that would be the "why" part.

I do have to agree that the minimum should be raised and I think $10 is about right. I also think the "per minute" charge should be raised significantly. Sitting in traffic in a Taxi, that meter just keeps rolling. Sitting in traffic in a Uber rider.....not so much.
$.15 vs $.54 per minute makes a huge difference.

Nairb

They have virtually no cost per ride.

More rides equals more revenue. What are they going to advertise? "Uber: now more expensive than a cab ride!"

The amount you make is irrelevant.

Daniel Harbin

The strip usually sucks and the only reason I am there is because my pax wanted to go. I also go there to catch my 15 PT rides for the PB.

LV-Reni

They have virtually no cost per ride.

More rides equals more revenue. What are they going to advertise? "Uber: now more expensive than a cab ride!"

The amount you make is irrelevant.
Well we KNOW that they actually do have a "cost per ride", how else would you be losing the amounts of money that they do? Yes they say they are now making a little bit in the US per ride, but world wide they are still in the hole.

And I did not say raise it higher then taxis, did not even imply that. But there is a LOT of room between what they charge now per minute compared to the taxi rate, you could double the current rate and still not be close. Doing so would make the drivers AND Uber more money per trip.

Higher priced rides ALSO equals more revenue.

Freebyrdie

When Uber achieves the market share they are shooting for without running off all the drivers they will have to raise rates. The low fares are like Costco's lost leader rotisserie chickens....they lose money on every chicken they sell but it gets people in the door.

Nairb

Well we KNOW that they actually do have a "cost per ride", how else would you be losing the amounts of money that they do? Yes they say they are now making a little bit in the US per ride, but world wide they are still in the hole.

And I did not say raise it higher then taxis, did not even imply that. But there is a LOT of room between what they charge now per minute compared to the taxi rate, you could double the current rate and still not be close. Doing so would make the drivers AND Uber more money per trip.

Higher priced rides ALSO equals more revenue.
If they have 100 rides or 100000000 rides, their costs are almost exactly the same. Transaction cost per credit card charge is all there is.

Higher prices means more revenue if the number of rides does not decrease. It would decrease dramatically, so higher prices means less revenue.