Las Vegas DF 6 uses. Ends Today :\

Spider-Man

IMG_0592.PNG
Party's over. What a bummer .

Coolrider101nk

The only rides I've gotten on either platform with destination filters have been less than a mile and debatable if even in the right direction. If this is a loss to some people, could you please give me a hint of how it's been useful? I try it almost daily when I have somewhere I want to go but not in a hurry, typically get no pings.

KenLV

If this is a loss to some people, could you please give me a hint of how it's been useful?

Can do...

If (make that "WHEN") I get pulled to Henderson, Southpoint, Summerlin, etc... and want to get back to the Strip I put myself in D mode. For example when it's 3 AM and I"m trying to finish a quest and have 3 rides left (like this weekend).

At the end of the night I put my home as destination (I live around Aliante) and almost always get a ride from Strip to Downtown or all the way home or from Downtown to home.

Even if it's a short ride, it's $3.75 and just paid for my gas home.

Why more than 2 needed? Often times it drops me OUT of D mode and eats one of the two. For no reason - not b/c it timed out after 8 minutes of no activity. For example: Sometimes I finish a D mode ride that hasn't yet gotten me home but in the right direction (maybe Luxor to MGM) and when I end the ride, it's no longer in D mode. If I already burned one coming into town, I'm SOL now and have to deadhead home.

Coolrider101nk

Do you stage and wait or do you start in the direction? Lyft I can blame a lack of rides in general. Uber I feel is partly my strategy making df useless.

LVCharles

Do you stage and wait or do you start in the direction? Lyft I can blame a lack of rides in general. Uber I feel is partly my strategy making df useless.
I used the filter at times when I want to go home, I live near UNLV. I could set the destination, and it would even give me directions to my home. but then a ping comes in, i am directed to their location, which is headed in the direction of my destination. This is a nice feature.

KenLV

Do you stage and wait or do you start in the direction?

Depends on where I am and what I'm trying to accomplish.

If I'm out at Southpoint/Silverton/Red Rock/GVR, I'll stage for a bit. Give it maybe 5-10 minutes (depending on the time). No bites? Head on out.

If I'm trying to finish a quest and not anywhere good, no staging.

If I'm headed home, I'm headed home. No staging, but I will drive the strip and do a loop in Downtown.

Like I said, almost always get rides home - depending on where I start, could be several rides.

UberNLV

If there's longer pickup times it's because the app gives you (me anyway) a pickup like 12 minutes away when I'm using the DF. I rarely get those when I'm driving normally. To me it seems like an app problem not the number of time we use it.

Serby

I work in L.A and it is very useful. Avoid the heavily trafficked areas so u can hit your quest bonus easier. I avoid driving towards LAX and the West Side because LA traffic is no joke. I stay within 15 miles south of my location and avoid west bound trips. Im doing 70 rides a week. Destination filter assurs me of small rises when im close to the bonus
The only rides I've gotten on either platform with destination filters have been less than a mile and debatable if even in the right direction. If this is a loss to some people, could you please give me a hint of how it's been useful? I try it almost daily when I have somewhere I want to go but not in a hurry, typically get no pings.

KenLV

I work in L.A and it is very useful. Avoid the heavily trafficked areas so u can hit your quest bonus easier. I avoid driving towards LAX and the West Side because LA traffic is no joke. I stay within 15 miles south of my location and avoid west bound trips. Im doing 70 rides a week. Destination filter assurs me of small rises when im close to the bonus

Yes, you can effectively use it to stay in a certain area. You can setup D mode with a time (in Uber) and it will take you towards or AWAY from your destination - but no farther than half the time until your set arrival time.

For example, you set up your D Mode for a spot with an arrival time of 1 hour from now and it will effectively keep you within half an hour of there. What it's really doing is keeping you AWAY from areas. For my example, during rush hour, it can't send me to downtown or the strip b/c it can't make the round trip in 1 hour.

Of course you have to update the timer (I set it for 1.5 hours from now and set a 30 minute reminder on my phone to reset it), it requires a bit of finesse, but it's the best we've got.

Well, best we had, not so much anymore.

Taxi2Uber

I use the DF everyday when I'm heading home (I use Fremont Street)
In the past 100 days or so, I've had 3 "matches".
One was to alta/shadow. (I guess that's close enough.)
One was Paris to Jockey Club. Huh?!? (I was LVB/Harmon. I see ubers route(blue line) was to go south on LVB to Trop to I15 after Jockey Club drop off so Yeah...on the way to downtown :rolleyes:)
And one was to Golden Nugget. (TADA!! Hey, one actually made sense)

I would expect a ride to Encore, Circus, or Stratosphere or ANYTHING along the way from south or center strip, but nope. Not once.
I don't get it.

KenLV

Could be time of day too. I'm usually going into D mode around 4AM on weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun) and easily 2 out of 3 of the homeward bound trips ends up in at least 1 ping.

What time are you using it?

Taxi2Uber

Could be time of day too. I'm usually going into D mode around 4AM on weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun) and easily 2 out of 3 of the homeward bound trips ends up in at least 1 ping.

What time are you using it?
anywhere from midnight to 2am

IrishTiger

Often when I used Destination mode, the trip wasn't even close to the route to my destination. I was heading in Destination mode from South Point home to MacDonald Ranch. Accepted a ride that dragged me out to Mountains Edge pick up a pax and drop them off at the Golden Nugget.

KenLV

Two possibilities I can think of:

It dumped you out of D mode. It happens. A lot.

You had an arrival time set that allowed enough for the trip to the Nugget and home.