1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

LAS airport staging lot move

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Spider-Man, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Freebyrdie

Freebyrdie Well-Known Member

Permanent restrooms? Lol....not likely

PowersAssociates likes this.
  2. Luckycabby

Luckycabby Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Man I never have seen so many worried about johns. Just hold it for 10 hours, lol do what they told us we had to do in our chemical suits back in the 70's. or just go over to oh's

3. LML

LML Well-Known Member

Noticed a lot of traffic on T Mac Drive, 2:30 pm, I think classes were letting out, people from student parking trying to get to Paradise. Will be a mess once you add in the Rideshare cowboys.

4. PowersAssociates

PowersAssociates Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Solidifies my no airport pickup mantra

5. SwGts86

SwGts86 Member

This new lot move ****ing sucks.

The lot itself is amazingly disorganized- people leaving multiple directions across multiple paths.

It's smaller.

And because you have to deal with lights on eh exit paths traffic builds up to the lot. Even on bad days the old lot was never this congested.

And because you have to move past the Tropicana light it takes significantly longer to get to the airport. You'll be waiting at the trop light multiple times in a row.

Why the **** did they do this?

RidingInLostWages likes this.

6. Billysquier

Billysquier Active Member

Don't pick up at airport. Easy solution

7. Luckycabby

Luckycabby Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    because uber drivers are dangerous and don't learn when someone says don't drive through the liquor store lot.

Mark P and PrestonT like this.
  8. LV-NightRider

LV-NightRider Active Member

They got the 15 minute wait they wanted for rideshare pickups.

9. SwGts86

SwGts86 Member

Is this really why? Because they kept driving through that damn parking lot instead of going to the street??

10. bsliv

bsliv Well-Known Member

The airport authorities are probably the only ones who know for sure. The local Uber office might know or might know the official excuse.

UberNLV likes this.
  11. Farman vegas

Farman vegas Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I was thinking about the same this morning.

Another win for the Las Vegas taxicab cartel !

VegasR likes this.
  12. Mark P

Mark P Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Its not about the Cab Cartel. Its about the congestion that R/S helps aggravate on that side of Paradise when its busy, plus... all of the drivers cutting through the liquor store parking lot. That's why it happened. This does not in any way benefit the cab companies but deep down inside you know this.

13. RidingInLostWages

RidingInLostWages Member

Driving:
    UberX

If the wait time increases from 7 to 15 minutes then more rideshare customers will start taking cabs.

Udrivevegas likes this.
  14. Michael-MS

Michael-MS Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They will just rate the driver low and next time they will request the Uber before they get to the garage, creating even bigger headache. Nobody's going to start taking cabs again lol

15. RidingInLostWages

RidingInLostWages Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You mean aside from the roughly two million cab rides from McCarran last year ?? McCarran cab rides are only down 10% from this time last year and taxis picked up one million more rides than rideshare last oct-apr So ..... lol??.... nope.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Mark P likes this.
  16. Billysquier

Billysquier Active Member

Rationalize however you need to. Taxis are the dinosaurs of the transportation industry. They are losing market share everyday. The majority of people can't stand cabs or cab drivers. That's why it was such an easy switch to Uber and Lyft. Uber won't be around forever, someone will come in and do things right expose how corrupt they are. Maybe it will be a self driving rideshare service? Who knows?

17. RidingInLostWages

RidingInLostWages Member

Driving:
    UberX
    From the linked article that I used above (and you quoted), taxis in Las Vegas gave one million more rides than did rideshare (at McCarren anyway) from last October to last March so your opinion is incorrect - at least at McCarran because more people chose taxis there than not.

18. Wolfecreak

Wolfecreak Member

People ignoring the sign at 5star may be the main reason

19. beezlewaxin

beezlewaxin Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Not that it matters but but it was crazy how nobody here admits to staging at airport lot but tons of people here admit to taking 5-star shortcut.

reaperducer likes this.
  20. Michael-MS

Michael-MS Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Staging versus heading there after a dropoff during a surge? Surge is the only time I go to the airport lot, so makes sense to me, I took that shortcut many times. Staging at the airport lot when the queue is high is silly.