LAPD Sting near LAX

Uber::)A

Theres a running sting operation in the areas surrounding LAX. Passengers will stand on the sidewalk with luggage acting as decoys for LAPD. If a driver agrees to take them, a bunch of cops are waiting around the corner. I got caught im front of the McDonalds at Manchester and Airport, across the street from the Holiday Inn. They handcuffed me, drove me around the corner, took pictures of me and my car and gave me a citation for PVC 5411/157-D with a notice to appear in court.

Bsa80

Theres a running sting operation in the areas surrounding LAX. Passengers will stand on the sidewalk with luggage acting as decoys for LAPD. If a driver agrees to take them, a bunch of cops are waiting around the corner. I got caught im front of the McDonalds at Manchester and Airport, across the street from the Holiday Inn. They handcuffed me, drove me around the corner, took pictures of me and my car and gave me a citation for PVC 5411/157-D with a notice to appear in court.
You picked up a passenger there, or that's where they pulled you over after you left the airport?

Jennyma

I heard stories about the pax waiting at the Burger King on Airport and 96th offering to give you cash. That is the sting.

Driverish

Pic of the the ticket

RogerJS

Bad Boy Bad Boy whatcha going do ??

TwoFiddyMile

I just pictured a white and black bee insect with a siren on top of It stinging the drivers at lax at rideshare sign C I need mental help
You and I are right brain dominant. We can picture stinging cop cars and play cello hanging upside down in the bat cave.
P.S. don't tell anyone my secret identity.

Ububu

Did you agree to pick them up without going through the Uber or Lyft App? If you were tying to pick up a "private fare" for cash, that's illegal. Is that what you were doing?

UberLaLa

Picked up a passenger at A Sign last night and he said he's been noticing lotsa Riders taking Shuttles out to Rental Agencies, again. We both guessed it was cheapo's wanting to avoid the $4 LAX Fee. How is this relevant? It creates demand for drivers to pick up outside of LAX, which further creates demand for Cash Trips. :confused:

Did you agree to pick them up without going through the Uber or Lyft App? If you were tying to pick up a "private fare" for cash, that's illegal. Is that what you were doing?
BINGO! BINGO!! BINGO!!!

In order for a 'Sting' to occur, there must be 'illegal' activity.

In all seriousness, however. Thanks for posting this OP. These LAPD Stings can be very tricky. 'Passengers' can make all kinds of excuses, lies, reasons for why they can't get their Uber App to work, and trick/play on new driver's sympathies to take them for Cash.

Julescase

With all of the crime that goes on in Los Angeles, I wish my tax dollars were going to something *slightly* more serious and substantial.

Hey Bloods, Crips, 18th Streeters: you keep peddling crack to teenagers and selling women to rapists; the LAPD is taking on those deadly rideshare drivers who are trying to make an extra $20 here and there.

Totally makes sense.

LAXpert

Just tell them you love law enforcement officers and if their Uber app is not working upload the Lyft app or just request a cab via telephone

joetheuberdriver

With all of the crime that goes on in Los Angeles, I wish my tax dollars were going to something *slightly* more serious and substantial.

Hey Bloods, Crips, 18th Streeters: you keep peddling crack to teenagers and selling women to rapists; the LAPD is taking on those deadly rideshare drivers who are trying to make an extra $20 here and there.

Totally makes sense.
Friends son works at lapd. Changed two partners already. Aholes don't take calls, take their sweet time to get to calls if it's a shooting scene.
You really think they give a shit about crime. It's 9-5 for most of them. That is why they got labeled pigs, cops,aholes, but not often you can hear "thank you" when people talk to them

Uber::)A

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Upper class people break laws and get away with it. Lower class break laws and get caught. Middle class obeys the law like good little obedient ants. In any case I dont care about your middle class opinions on "the law" and on "morality." Ill do me and you do you. Im just giving you a heads up, couldnt care less if you believe me or not. Deffinately not asking your advice or looking for sympathy. Peace out ants.

Julescase

Friends son works at lapd. Changed two partners already. Aholes don't take calls, take their sweet time to get to calls if it's a shooting scene.
You really think they give a shit about crime. It's 9-5 for most of them. That is why they got labeled pigs, cops,aholes, but not often you can hear "thank you" when people talk to them

Huh?