• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Language test

Bready

Hi guys.

I have read tons of articles about the language test. Is it a must have for all drivers or only for new drivers? I drove for uber in hungary so i have a live uber partner account. If i would like to drive here in Manchester, do you think i have to pass the language test and if so, when? I know i have to have the private hire driver bagde but am i have to pass the language test as well?

Alps

Hi guys.

I have read tons of articles about the language test. Is it a must have for all drivers or only for new drivers? I drove for uber in hungary so i have a live uber partner account. If i would like to drive here in Manchester, do you think i have to pass the language test and if so, when? I know i have to have the private hire driver bagde but am i have to pass the language test as well?
Then you need to get PH Driver license from which region you would like to work. Your car also need to be inspected and have and PH Vehicle license from that region.

Pete79

Hi guys.

Hi mate! Maybe Tom!:smiles:
Just done English and math test. Very easy, but local knowledge looks hard bud not that bad. Do not need to worry about English test!
I have got everything what need to know for it.
I do it At Manchester City council.
Pete

Bready

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Pete,

Thanks for reply.
Are you doing the knownledge test now?
Did you apply on ignition at uber or you do it on your own?
Are we know each other?:-)

Bready

Perhaps you’re right, i know you have to be on road all day and do crazy hours to make a “good” money

Pete79

Hi Pete,

Thanks for reply.
Are you doing the knownledge test now?
Did you apply on ignition at uber or you do it on your own?
Are we know each other?:smiles:
Hi Pal!

Yeah I am doing it now!
U have to do application at any council u own as Uber does not help!
I think we do but never met
Any question..... u know

Bready

Hi Pete,

I decided to do all the required exams and paperwork to drive for uber. I have a few questions:
What council would you recommend to have the badge from? I’d like to work in and around Manchester.
Is the vehicle have to be registered to the same council where i’ll have the badge from?
Seems like i have to provide a certificate of good conduct. I think it’s a DBS check from my own country. Do you think is it may acceptable if i apply for this certificate at my own country personaly and translate it to english officially there?
How about medical check? Just pop in to a gp and ask if they do it and how much would they charge?
I don’t remember if i mentioned but i drove for uber at my own country and i had to provide the same paperwork and exams like uber request here. I logged in to my driver account and noticed as all the documents are still there and all valid and active. Do you think if those documents(phv licence, medical check, dbs check) would be acceptable here?

Many thanks in advance:-)

Hi Pal!

Yeah I am doing it now!
U have to do application at any council u own as Uber does not help!
I think we do but never met
Any question..... u know

Pete79

Hi Pete,

I decided to do all the required exams and paperwork to drive for uber. I have a few questions:
What council would you recommend to have the badge from? I’d like to work in and around Manchester.
Is the vehicle have to be registered to the same council where i’ll have the badge from?
Seems like i have to provide a certificate of good conduct. I think it’s a DBS check from my own country. Do you think is it may acceptable if i apply for this certificate at my own country personaly and translate it to english officially there?
How about medical check? Just pop in to a gp and ask if they do it and how much would they charge?
I don’t remember if i mentioned but i drove for uber at my own country and i had to provide the same paperwork and exams like uber request here. I logged in to my driver account and noticed as all the documents are still there and all valid and active. Do you think if those documents(phv licence, medical check, dbs check) would be acceptable here?

Many thanks in advance:smiles:

Hi Tom!

Many questions!

First, apply at council where u want to do your badge! Vehicle should be registed at that council where yuor badge is from!
Iam doing it at Manch cc!
Manchester cc has 3 areas, south, centre and north! U can choose one of them , better what u already know! Also u had choosen any u should know city centre! I mean u know roads and public like pubs hospitals etc.
All councils does waiting list that so different at all of them. 4-12 month could be!
DBS sholud cover past 5 years, so need one from hungary and one from UK.
Embassy really helpful and quick!
That is my experience!
Medical certifacate: do it last as never asked from me yet, but need held at local knowledge test, that is last!
So after u registed at council u will get an appointment for interwiev! U will need ID and registration letter that u will get by email from council!
I hope all your questions answered!
Regard

Pete79

Hi Tom!

Many questions!

First, apply at council where u want to do your badge! Vehicle should be registed at that council where yuor badge is from!
Iam doing it at Manch cc!
Manchester cc has 3 areas, south, centre and north! U can choose one of them , better what u already know! Also u had choosen any u should know city centre! I mean u know roads and public like pubs hospitals etc.
All councils does waiting list that so different at all of them. 4-12 month could be!
DBS sholud cover past 5 years, so need one from hungary and one from UK.
Embassy really helpful and quick!
That is my experience!
Medical certifacate: do it last as never asked from me yet, but need held at local knowledge test, that is last!
So after u registed at council u will get an appointment for interwiev! U will need ID and registration letter that u will get by email from council!
I hope all your questions answered!
Regard

Tom!

I was thinking all day what I could recommend!
U have make that decision!
But if I would do , I would do at Salford council!
Short waiting list and maybe smallest part of Manchester!
:smiles: