1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lady told me ‘this’s such a Ghetto’ when she saw old newspapers on top of the floor mats

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Umut, Jan 13, 2019 at 8:39 PM.

1. Umut

Umut

We have been getting lots of snow lately in Denver. I decided to put newspaper on top of the mats to keep my car interior clean, replace used newspapers on the floor every few hours. But this lady I picked up today said newspaper on top of the mats such a Ghetto idea, looks very trashy. I did not say anything to her.. I think she rated me 1 star. Should I report her to Uber ?

2. Maybe you should get rid of the newspapers.

Don't you have floor mats to catch the snow?

3. Pretty sure he's got mats, he says so, he appears to be using the papers to simplify cleanup.

It's not a decision I would make but to each his own.

Sounds like he's going to have to decide which he likes more, the simplified process of keeping his car clean, or higher ratings.

Seems kind of a no brainer to me but I guess we'll see.

MacAngus and 1974toyota like this.
  4. Z129

Z129 Moderator

Report her for what? Not liking the newspapers on the floor?

Does Denver even have a ghetto area nowadays? I lived in downtown Denver for a bit in the early 80s and it was definitely a ghetto back then. I literally lived across the street from a soup kitchen and the buildings on both corners were burnt down.

5. Umut

Umut

I have rubber floor mat already. Snow is melting at the moment, mats gets extremely dirty without newspaper on top

6. Geez, newspaper + melted snow
    That’s NOT GHETTO
    MORE LIKE Homeless

Your foot wells must look & reek like
    The bottom of a Bird Cage

[​IMG]

7. CTK

CTK

That *is* ghetto.

What would you report her for??

8. “Definition of Character”

Lynda Griego likes this.
  9. Hey pal, the lady is right, take the hint,jmo

kdyrpr likes this.
  10. mbd

mbd

Get a cardboard from a used box

11. What exactly would you report her for?

I think you should pick up some all weather mats instead of the news papers.

12. Perhaps you should stop worrying about your rubber mats being wet or dirty. That is what they are designed for. If you must clean your backseat at all (which you are doing only for YOU as it does not affect tips or ratings to ignore it totally) do it once when the storm has passed and things are dry.

13. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
  14. x100

x100

if you have .99 cents store they used to have mats for cars too. YOu can throw a set on the top of ur good mats when it rains.

1974toyota likes this.
  15. Mm cm

Mm cm

It is if you create get keep your car nice for public transportation

16. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Perhaps if you used current newspapers that pax could read on the trip you wouldn’t receive any complaints.

17. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX
    Putting newspaper on your floor = terrible idea.

However, if you are intent on doing that then I suggest cutting up cardboard to cover your seats. Kinda matches the newspaper and you can get a whole "theme" going. Scatter some empty liquor bottles around as well. If anyone complains just explain to them you are trying to give them "an experience".

Jerryk2, Lissetti, Ubersinger and 5 others like this.
  18. If your so worried about the dirt or mud, just keep some papers towels handy and clean up after every 3 or 4 passengers

1974toyota likes this.
  19. I can't say I blame her really. Get rubber floor mats and run around with windex or something.

20. njn

njn

Lissetti and Umut like this.