• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lady told me ‘this’s such a Ghetto’ when she saw old newspapers on top of the floor mats

Umut

We have been getting lots of snow lately in Denver. I decided to put newspaper on top of the mats to keep my car interior clean, replace used newspapers on the floor every few hours. But this lady I picked up today said newspaper on top of the mats such a Ghetto idea, looks very trashy. I did not say anything to her.. I think she rated me 1 star. Should I report her to Uber ?

Wonkytonk

Maybe you should get rid of the newspapers.

Don't you have floor mats to catch the snow?
Pretty sure he's got mats, he says so, he appears to be using the papers to simplify cleanup.

It's not a decision I would make but to each his own.

Sounds like he's going to have to decide which he likes more, the simplified process of keeping his car clean, or higher ratings.

Seems kind of a no brainer to me but I guess we'll see.

Z129

Report her for what? Not liking the newspapers on the floor?

Does Denver even have a ghetto area nowadays? I lived in downtown Denver for a bit in the early 80s and it was definitely a ghetto back then. I literally lived across the street from a soup kitchen and the buildings on both corners were burnt down.

Umut

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have rubber floor mat already. Snow is melting at the moment, mats gets extremely dirty without newspaper on top

UberLyftFlexWhatever

We have been getting lots of snow lately in Denver. I decided to put newspaper on top of the mats to keep my car interior clean, replace used newspapers on the floor every few hours. But this lady I picked up today said newspaper on top of the mats such a Ghetto idea, looks very trashy. I did not say anything to her.. I think she rated me 1 star. Should I report her to Uber ?
Geez, newspaper + melted snow
That’s NOT GHETTO
MORE LIKE Homeless

Your foot wells must look & reek like
The bottom of a Bird Cage

CTK

That *is* ghetto.

What would you report her for??

1974toyota

Hey pal, the lady is right, take the hint,jmo

240BIGWINO

Perhaps you should stop worrying about your rubber mats being wet or dirty. That is what they are designed for. If you must clean your backseat at all (which you are doing only for YOU as it does not affect tips or ratings to ignore it totally) do it once when the storm has passed and things are dry.

Mm cm

It is if you create get keep your car nice for public transportation

Seamus

Putting newspaper on your floor = terrible idea.

However, if you are intent on doing that then I suggest cutting up cardboard to cover your seats. Kinda matches the newspaper and you can get a whole "theme" going. Scatter some empty liquor bottles around as well. If anyone complains just explain to them you are trying to give them "an experience".