Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lady got mad at me because I didn't pull up right next to her

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Jimmy Bernat 
#1 ·
Last night around 2ish I pick up a lady around Uni & Louisiana. I pulled up at the restaurant, she was standing there (it was an empty street). I smiled and said I'm lyft. She blant stares at me with an attitude and says "well aren't you going to pull in!?" I was bit confused cause I was less that 3ft from her. 2 seconds later I pull in an she starts to walk towards the car and she huffs. I said well why don't you just walk over. When she got in my car she slammed my door and complained that she had a 12 hour shift. Dropped her off gave her 1 star. I can't with the Denverites some days...

#2 ·
you should have cancelled right away. sure she returned the favor with a 1 star to you.
if you had to cancel before starting trip, she would not have been ble to rate you.

I had a very similar case in Hoboken. Had to kick a person out of car, but was worth it. Not going to get 1 starred for a min fare trip.

#5 ·
I had a couple standing on the side of the road and I pulled into the parking lot to pick them up. The guy looked at me and said "You could have just stopped in the road to pick us up."

I told him it was against the law and, as such, if someone had rear-ended my vehicle while they were climbing into the car, my insurance would not have covered it and their medical bills would have gone unpaid.

He was about to get upset at my explanation, you could see it in his facial expression when he was about to speak again, when his lady friend told him to shut up and then thanked me. The rest of the trip was relatively pleasant and uneventful.

#8 ·
I was in Boulder this morning, and arrived at a house... 7 or 8 college students start walking towards my car. I figure they'll hug it out and separate... no. They all intended to get in my car. My Ford Escape. Even if at least three of them went in the cargo area, it wasn't happen. I had to play the jerk and say I wasn't getting a ticket over them , they could request another uber for half the group, could request an uber xl, or I could drop off half of them, come back and get them, etc. but they pushed it. Finally I said I can take half of them or I can cancel the trip.
So they agree to split up... so I'm taking them and they are debating where to go for breakfast... finally get there and I pull over at a safe spot on pearl st. where they can get out easily and I'm not blocking traffic, and they are like "oh no, it's a little further still..." uhh... it was like 50 feet from where I let them out. Explained it was a safe spot and they looked at me like I was stupid... so I pulled up closer, luckily there wasn't much traffic and they got out and went in. Freakin college kids. Nobody rated me lower than a 5-star today so either they didn't rate me or rated me 5 anyway...
On the plus side it was 2.4 surge at the time so I got at least $8 or 9 for the trip...

#11 ·
Well I was working the end of the Broncos game yesterday. It was utter chaos to due to a couple of road closures . Anyways I got a request and all I saw was KFC, which I was passing. So I quickly called the passenger to see exactly where,in the mess, she was. for whatever reason, her brother, in Arizona, answered the call. so im quickly trying to explain to him the situation and the essence of time. He clearly doesn't understand and goes into an explanation of how he got the call and wants to tell me the story 3 times. I finally said sorry I don't mean to be rude but I need to get ahold of her now before the window of opportunity passes and it is a small window. He gave me her phone number and I called her to see where exactly she's at. Based on the pin setting, it looked like she was at KFC. Keep in mind I have to turn left and cross over traffic. of course she's on the Northside of KFC and I'm on the south side. lord firbid I ask her to walk around to the south side! I'm trying to explain to her with the traffic it's going to take way longer for me to get to her then it is for her to walk to me. She shows up huffing and puffing, gets in my car, and insist I take Federal Boulevard the entire way instead of taking a parallel Street, one block west to avoid traffic. I'm showing her my GPS map that is solid red. She proceeded to pull up her own GPS and tell me where to go. She lives on 27th and Walnut. She tries telling me I need to take I-25 South to Broadway. She meant to say I-25 North but I still had to nicely remind her that there is not a Broadway exit on I-25 North, in that direction. I could take it to Park Avenue or I could go to I-70 And over to Washington to Brighton Boulevard to Broadway. all of this and her fare paid out $13 I still have no clue what she was talking about or what she was trying to accomplish. My guess would be the obvious high fare but yet she was requesting i take Federal. I tried explaining that one block west wasn't going to rack up her charges. And might in fact save her money time wise. Then with her being wrong about I-25 South and Broadway , that just sealef the deal she was not going to be happy regardless but I did at one point pull the car over and ask her what the problem was and asked her what she was wanting. Some people are just unbelievable they don't even think about what other people go through. It's all about them

#12 ·
I tried explaining that one block west wasn't going to rack up her charges.
So I was thinking about this today seeing there is upfront pricing why does it matter what route you take they pay the amount they were quoted I did a trip tonight where the route on the uber app took me a mile further east and was the long way around for sure but the customer already knows the cost so why would it matter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.