• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lack of delivery requests

It's been a while since I've had a 1.4x boost in my area so I prepared to work this 3 hour window today and drove to a McDonalds in the middle of the boost zone. I didn't get a ping until the last half hour of the promotion but while sitting in the McD parking lot I watched about 10 Eats drivers pick up orders in that time frame. One driver I spoke with said he was non stop busy with deliveries and didn't know why I wasn't getting any.
Ugh !
I think you may have answered your own question. It’s possible the other drivers weren’t getting boosts at all or getting lower boosts....therefore were probably the cheapest option.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know what it is, but if I'm idle, I get nothing...I'll be in the middle of a delivery and guess who decides to ping me lol.
That happened to me today. I had already accepted a DD delivery so was unable to accept UE. I got pinged twice in that instance. But after I finished that delivery, nada, zip, zero.

Rickos69

Is it possible that when they see you moving they purposely ping you to see if you will accept it and that way possibly determine if you are working multiple apps?

Is it possible that when they see you moving they purposely ping you to see if you will accept it and that way possibly determine if you are working multiple apps?
Could be. They pinged me after I left UE app to accept the DD ping. So, they may have seen they were in the background for a second or so.

I’m sure they’d know. Those algorithms probably know more about us than we do ourselves.

I do give UE preferential treatment though as DD gives you a deliver to cx by time. So, if I accept a DD ping while en route to a UE delivery, I’ll have enough time to complete the delivery.

Rickos69

What you said about UE app being in the background sounds right to me.
If I am waiting, and someone calls, or I text someone, or even check out this forum,
there is a better chance than not, that I will get a ping.
Maybe I'll start doing it on purpose. :roflmao:

kolfild22

Same problem in Arlington VA. Last couple weeks are silent. I did not get order from my regular customers/restaurants. I was thinking, may be, Uber put me in some kind of ban.

seVenValley

i chewed them out yesterday about sime errors they made with my money. feels like they have me on timeout. but in my area everyone is driving all over each other for the other apps. its their loss by not pinging me more when im the only one still waving the uber flag

Rickos69

i chewed them out yesterday about sime errors they made with my money. feels like they have me on timeout. but in my area everyone is driving all over each other for the other apps. its their loss by not pinging me more when im the only one still waving the uber flag
I have felt this way too. I also have chewed them out.
But, in the end I don't think that is the case. Something else is going on.
Off topic a bit, but still makes you scratch your head.
A week goes by and you don't get a single ping from a specific restaurant, and then you get 3-4 in the same day.
Do you believe they didn't have any orders for a week?

I'm thinking they try out new things with their algo, and usually screw things up.

Son of the Darkness

Too many delivery services for most markets. In the summer months people go out to eat. Better to drive for a pizza shop.
I drove for Papa John's 10 years ago and Summer always sucked. It's the season of sloths.
What you said about UE app being in the background sounds right to me.
If I am waiting, and someone calls, or I text someone, or even check out this forum,
there is a better chance than not, that I will get a ping.
Maybe I'll start doing it on purpose. :roflmao:
Not true for me. Uber always in the background.

20190612_230145.jpg

What is up with this "oops" crap. I think I had one the first 8-9 months then 2 yesterday
Had this happen a few times. And when I am in the restroom of a certain restaurant and get a ping, it happens every time. Today in that restroom I looked at my bars and it was down to 1 bar. I will have to test next time by walking away from that area before accepting and see if it goes through.

A week goes by and you don't get a single ping from a specific restaurant, and then you get 3-4 in the same day.
Do you believe they didn't have any orders for a week?
Yea I live near a Chinese restaurant. And almost always get pings at my house. Then there are days like today where I'm home at least 4 hours during their peak time and nothing.

Last edited: