1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Labor Day Weekend Drive or relax?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by DB2448, Sep 5, 2015.

1. DB2448

DB2448

Is there really a reason to work Labor Day Weekend? Especially in the Sacramento area? I've been out since 8:30 and only got one short trip so far. It's now just about 11am.

2. Fade

Fade

Ouch, I'm no where near you as I'm in Michigan, but I just started driving with Uber for the holiday weekend. Ended up waiting a couple hours for my first trip, but once I got my first one? It was pretty busy for me after that.

3. Jvc21

Jvc21

Depends on your market.

We have a state fair here so it's a great time to drive

4. simply00complex

simply00complex

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm in the Chicago suburbs and yesterday, I got two huge trips ($44-47 after uber fees). One from Crystal Lake to Des Plaines and then one from Wheeling to Antioch. Other than that, I got four small trips averaging $5 each. Sadly for me, Uber is just my side gig and I'm working 3PM-midnight tonight, then 5-11PM tomorrow and Monday. I would have loved to be available to drive all day again.

I think things will be busier all day Monday, but for the rest of the weekend, the peak wouldn't start until the afternoon. I would advise to just keep an eye on your map and see where the demand/surge is.

5. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Labour Day weekend is unpredictable in the Washington market. Friday was pretty good, to-day, Saturday was pretty good,as well. This is for Uber Taxi, mind you. I do not know how UberX is doing, here, this weekend. You would think that it would be slow,especially since gasolene is so inexpensive (relatively, at least) .