1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Labor Day 2015

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by GeladaMate, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Happy Labor Day people. If your reading this in between pings.Good luck and may the next fare be enough to get you closer to home.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Gemgirlla, arto71, Danielson_ and 3 others like this.
  2. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie

Driving:
    UberX
    will driving today be worth it?

3. soonsoon

soonsoon

Driving:
    UberX
    *Fantasy scenerio

All Drivers take a day off!
    * the rest I leave it up to your imaginations:D

4. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie

Driving:
    UberX
    ya but im wondering if everyone has the same mentality and get on the road. im thinking its gna be real dead, or real busy. bleehh

5. xhydraspherex

xhydraspherex

Driving:
    UberX
    If all drivers took the day off, it would chaotic. All the pax will start freaking out, maybe that'll get their eyes open and start appreciating us.

soonsoon and UBERZERKER like this.
  6. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie

Driving:
    UberX
    im hopen drivers are gna just take the day off. i wonder what last year was like. although a lot has changed in demand, or lack there of.

7. uberski

uberski

I was out there at 6am by 7:30am I went home too many drivers an no pings. Missed out on 4am surge:(. I'm sure it will surge later but nothing too spectacular.

On the bright side I'm going to fire up the grill make some Carne Asda and got some italian beef going already. Rest up guys there's always tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Ot1, Gretzky, LAndreas and 7 others like this.
  8. Not much would change. Those that can afford it will put up with a dirty cab. The ones that can't will start talking to their annoying friends that don't mind picking them up. Lazy ****ers will finally walk around the block to buy their diet coke, but in the bigger scheme of things life will go on.

soonsoon and headtheball like this.
  9. I have a strong feeling rest of today will be slow. Glad I stood home again lol

Driverish and GeladaMate like this.
  10. Steve818woo

Steve818woo

Driving:
    UberX
    It's not that bad.. It's surging the 3 areas together.. I've made 60 in 2 hours.. All short rides but all surge rides..

I Love UBER and jaimeritchie like this.
  11. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie

Driving:
    UberX
    im gna drive 2pm til 10pm...heres to a good faring day

Steve818woo and GeladaMate like this.
  12. UBERZERKER

UBERZERKER

Driving:
    UberX
    My fellow driver buds...

It's beginning to feel a bit challenging to maintain our steady extra cash come in like it use to, but let's be smart about hanging in there...

Think about it...
    If life were easy, it would probably be boring.

So for the few of us that can still make it work n will stick around, I congratulate you and raise my glass up in the air, cheers..

Let's step up OUR game, keep earning how WE do it n show em how none of this still don't faze us.

Yeyuh..

Happy Labor Day Y'all

Attached Files:

13. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie

Driving:
    UberX
    i love the attitude :) im tryen.

UBERZERKER and Driverish like this.
  14. I Love UBER

I Love UBER

Driving:
    UberX
    'I made 50 in l hour.I dont chase it if Pings then I go...

GeladaMate and DrivingStPete like this.
  15. Ububu

Ububu

yeah.... love statements like these. Before or after uber's cut? Before or after gas? Before or after depreciation? Did you count dead miles and time returning home, or did you get another ping after drop-off?

16. It was a productive day. Lots of folks needing rides to and from the airport. I hope some of you were happy, positive and productive as well.

GeladaMate and UBERZERKER like this.
  17. The Tampa metro

18. This weekend was a complete loss but I was prepared. Today was a good day! Didn't have to work the surge all $25 and up rides and to top it off got an amazing tip from a pilot for giving relationship advise!

Attached Files:

Danielson_, DocT, Steve818woo and 2 others like this.
  19. Good for you!

My first ride of the day was a $17 fare with a $30 tip.

Take it while it's good.

20. I don't count depreciation because I'd own my car whether or not I use it to make extra money. If you had a different occupation, would you not own a car? If you live in an area where you can do 100% of your commuting on public transportation, more power to you I guess. I prefer to own a car, and if I choose to have my car pay for itself, so much the better. I don't plan on getting rid of my car until it's paid for and long out of warranty.

You have a point regarding whether those earnings are before or after Uber's cut.

It's difficult to account for how much gas you're using when you actually have a pax in the car only on the fly, buy maybe you are using the trip odometer on every ride and resetting your fuel economy gauge as well. I don't have time for that, personally.

Your app should be off if you're moving with no pax in the car, unless it's a short time while looking for a spot to park and turn the car off while waiting for a ping.

It's like you're searching for reasons to be depressed and to say that doing Uber is the worst possible way to make money.

LAndreas and GeladaMate like this.