LA COUNTY FAIR?

Don Oldenburg

Anyone have any experience how busy LYFT and UBER are during LA County Fair in September. Thinking of coming out a day or two during the week when things are normally slower in Palm Springs.

Worthwhile? Or waste of time?

uberski

That's one hell of a commute. Never worked the fair before but I would probably use the Lyft destination filter and try to catch a ride over there. Might help pay for the commute. Than work the area til you hit your goal for the day. Either way good luck

Don Oldenburg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's one hell of a commute. Never worked the fair before but I would probably use the Lyft destination filter and try to catch a ride over there. Might help pay for the commute. Than work the area til you hit your goal for the day. Either way good luck
Yeah, it's a bit of a commute -- but I've been pulled from Palm Springs on a fare into Riverside and Orange County before.

I am fairly new to LYFT -- Can someone explain "destination filter" to me? I haven't come across this option in my application? I've been frustrated with LYFT as there aren't enough drivers in the valley here, and it's not unusual for me to get a fare pickup 30 minutes, 25 miles away. Originally I accepted all rides--UBER and LYFT -- but these lyft rides could be small $4-$5 fares and I've already traveled 25 miles, darn near two gallons of gas. At this point, I just don't accept anything that far down, unless it's in a direction i'm heading to anyway.

Don Oldenburg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After working the OC fair for 1 month... I would say unless youre local don't bother.
I haven't heard much about UBER/LYFT success for Orange County -- but have heard from other drivers that LA County fair is a good event, and usually has surges surrounding it more frequently. I may not go-- I was just wondering what people thought. I usually go for a couple hours to walk through certain parts of the fare -- so figured I could just maximize a day out of it... or, have friends in the area -- could stay a few days.

sidewazzz

If your going to double up by attending then driving sure why not. But really plan it for a day you know will have lots of people and know there will be a mass exit. As in a lot of people leaving at once. The amount of people isn't enough to make it surge 24/7 or even half the time. You and a 100 other ubers have the same plan, they just happen to be local.