• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

LA COUNTY FAIR?

Don Oldenburg

Anyone have any experience how busy LYFT and UBER are during LA County Fair in September. Thinking of coming out a day or two during the week when things are normally slower in Palm Springs.

Worthwhile? Or waste of time?

uberski

That's one hell of a commute. Never worked the fair before but I would probably use the Lyft destination filter and try to catch a ride over there. Might help pay for the commute. Than work the area til you hit your goal for the day. Either way good luck

Don Oldenburg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's one hell of a commute. Never worked the fair before but I would probably use the Lyft destination filter and try to catch a ride over there. Might help pay for the commute. Than work the area til you hit your goal for the day. Either way good luck
Yeah, it's a bit of a commute -- but I've been pulled from Palm Springs on a fare into Riverside and Orange County before.

I am fairly new to LYFT -- Can someone explain "destination filter" to me? I haven't come across this option in my application? I've been frustrated with LYFT as there aren't enough drivers in the valley here, and it's not unusual for me to get a fare pickup 30 minutes, 25 miles away. Originally I accepted all rides--UBER and LYFT -- but these lyft rides could be small $4-$5 fares and I've already traveled 25 miles, darn near two gallons of gas. At this point, I just don't accept anything that far down, unless it's in a direction i'm heading to anyway.

Don Oldenburg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After working the OC fair for 1 month... I would say unless youre local don't bother.
I haven't heard much about UBER/LYFT success for Orange County -- but have heard from other drivers that LA County fair is a good event, and usually has surges surrounding it more frequently. I may not go-- I was just wondering what people thought. I usually go for a couple hours to walk through certain parts of the fare -- so figured I could just maximize a day out of it... or, have friends in the area -- could stay a few days.

sidewazzz

If your going to double up by attending then driving sure why not. But really plan it for a day you know will have lots of people and know there will be a mass exit. As in a lot of people leaving at once. The amount of people isn't enough to make it surge 24/7 or even half the time. You and a 100 other ubers have the same plan, they just happen to be local.