Kroger partners with Nuro for SDC food delivery.

goneubering

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/kroger-to-soon-begin-driverless-grocery-delivery.html

Kroger to bring driverless cars to grocery delivery

Kroger is partnering with autonomous car company Nuro to introduce driverless cars to its grocery delivery.

Kroger has made a number of investments toward expanding its digital and online delivery business.

"Last mile delivery" is one of the hardest feats in the delivery of fresh food.

Nuro, founded in 2016 by Google engineers, is an autonomous car company built explicitly for the business of transporting goods. That means its cars are slimmer and designed differently than ones meant to carry people. Nuro does not yet have special refrigerated cars, but is working on a new iteration of vehicles with such technology.

transporter007

Autonomous vehicles and America's largest supermarket retailer are teaming up to change the future and convenience of grocery shopping.

Robots, yet Another reason shoppers won’t be using uber to, or from the stores.

Kroger and Nuro, an autonomous vehicle startup, announced a partnership Thursday aimed at making grocery delivery accessible and affordable with a pilot test.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20180629/RETAIL/180629740/kroger-autonomous-vehicle-grocery-delivery

Last edited:

transporter007

And people will continue to gain comfort with robotic delivery of crucial consumables.

Next step, no need to use uber to and from stores and risk offensive unemployable malcontent drivers.

Someone gets killed? So what. Happens everyday at the hands of an uber driver

The March to the future continues

uberdriverfornow

lmao, so as long as someone lives in the parking lot and there are no cars whatsoever in the parking lot, and there are no people whatsoever in the parking lot, they can have groceries delivered to them in the parking lot, that's all that video showed me

I also saw a vehicle driving atleast 30 mph through the parking lot. Sounds very safe.

Still no videos whatsoever over 15 minutes showing these things in public driving themselves with no help from the driver.

All they ever show are promotional videos in staged situations, in parking lots, in animations, in computer simulations.

And now Kroger has to pay someone to select all of the groceries and put them in the vehicle. I'm sure that won't cost anything.

jocker12

I also saw a vehicle driving atleast 30 mph through the parking lot. Sounds very safe.

This is false. "The produce-schlepper will go just 25 miles per hour, but will increase its max speed in the future."

What could stop homeless hungry people from following the robot to its destination on a bike, wait for the buyers to come out of their houses to unload the groceries, and attack them (or if they have many bags to carry, just wait for their first trip inside), steal the food and bike away with a fresh and yummy breakfast, lunch or dinner? How many people using the unmanned delivery service will like to feel it could be dangerous on the street for them to go and unload the robot?

Is it moral to steal food for the benefit of a starving person if that is the only means by which the food may be obtained?

Last edited:

uberdriverfornow

This is false. "The produce-schlepper will go just 25 miles per hour, but will increase its max speed in the future."

What could stop homeless hungry people from following the robot to its destination on a bike, wait for the buyers to come out of their houses to unload the groceries, and attack them (or if they have many bags to carry, just wait for their first trip inside), steal the food and bike away with a fresh and yummy breakfast, lunch or dinner? How many people using the unmanned delivery service will like to feel it could be dangerous on the street for them to go and unload the robot?

Is it moral to steal food for the benefit of a starving person if that is the only means by which the food may be obtained?

even 25 mph is wayy too fast in a parking lot

go find a walmart and go 25 mph and see if it looks safe and this assumes it's really not going 30 mph like it looks

uberdriverfornow

This is nothing new.

It's called insurance.

And insurance costs money.

This is patently false.

If it was, you woulda stated why and it would be crystal clear. Unlike you, I don't lie.

OK, I'm bored with your claim. Cruise Automation on public roads, no driver, 23 minutes of driving. Enjoy and then give a shout out for help with your goalposts.

The fail is strong with this one.

lmao, you posted a video of 3 minutes ? a video where they apparently shortened the video for our convenience ? The only convenience to shortening this video is so that people can't make a determination as to what exactly is going on when it's driving. The first thing that sticks out is how often this sdc gets passed up by all other vehicles. It's driving so slow it's a nuisance on the road.

I like how the people that put that promotional video together acted like they were being cool by not posting the full video. In fact, they coulda posted both videos, the full 23 minute video AND the 3 minute shortened video if they wanted to.

There are nobody in the world that wants to see the bullshit shortened video. Nobody wants to see a video that shows nothing. Everyone wants to see the full 23 minute video so we can see all the mistakes it makes.

So, I'll ask again, when are you going to post a video over 15 minutes that shows any of the supposed 6,000,000 miles of SDC miles of a car with no human doing anything, not even hovering their hands over the steering wheel like you see this driver doing? You also don't know if the driver is pushing the gas or pushing the brake.

goneubering

Great to be an American.

I, for one, am not willing to allow a foreign nation
develop new technology that could be used against my country
financially and/or Militarily

Some posters pledge their allegiance to
unknown entities and subsequently want research & development of new technologies to be abandoned by the USA relegating my country to a future third world status

Not on my watch

LOL

RamzFanz

And insurance costs money.

If it was, you woulda stated why and it would be crystal clear. Unlike you, I don't lie.

lmao, you posted a video of 3 minutes ? a video where they apparently shortened the video for our convenience ? The only convenience to shortening this video is so that people can't make a determination as to what exactly is going on when it's driving. The first thing that sticks out is how often this sdc gets passed up by all other vehicles. It's driving so slow it's a nuisance on the road.

I like how the people that put that promotional video together acted like they were being cool by not posting the full video. In fact, they coulda posted both videos, the full 23 minute video AND the 3 minute shortened video if they wanted to.

There are nobody in the world that wants to see the bullshit shortened video. Nobody wants to see a video that shows nothing. Everyone wants to see the full 23 minute video so we can see all the mistakes it makes.

So, I'll ask again, when are you going to post a video over 15 minutes that shows any of the supposed 6,000,000 miles of SDC miles of a car with no human doing anything, not even hovering their hands over the steering wheel like you see this driver doing? You also don't know if the driver is pushing the gas or pushing the brake.

7,000,000 miles now. Doh!

Hey, wanna hear what actual riders are saying?

Oh, look, even more riders!

Wanna see an hour and twenty-two minutes of night driving? (yes, that's a raccoon it yielded to)

I don't know if the driver is pushing the gas or break? I know because they said they didn't. You can conjure up some big conspiracy involving hundreds of people and even kids, but as long as they continue to be forthright and honest, I'm going to accept their word and video evidence.

Uh, by the way dude, now it doesn't have an accelerator or brake. No steering wheel either.

So, what now? Cruise Automation and Waymo are just lying? That's your position? It's all fake? Crisis actors?

Dude, you're in denial.

jocker12

7,000,000 miles now. Doh!

Hey, wanna hear what actual riders are saying?

Oh, look, even more riders!

Wanna see an hour and twenty-two minutes of night driving? (yes, that's a raccoon it yielded to)

I don't know if the driver is pushing the gas or break? I know because they said they didn't. You can conjure up some big conspiracy involving hundreds of people and even kids, but as long as they continue to be forthright and honest, I'm going to accept their word and video evidence.

Uh, by the way dude, now it doesn't have an accelerator or brake. No steering wheel either.

So, what now? Cruise Automation and Waymo are just lying? That's your position? It's all fake? Crisis actors?

Dude, you're in denial.
I wonder why GM wants to sell Cruise then.... https://uberpeople.net/threads/gm-j...ing-shares-of-self-driving-unit-video.266537/

Hahaha..., he is showing a dash cam video and the only thing in the frame is the road and traffic ahead.... hahahaha...

tohunt4me

Psssttttt. . . . wanna buy a hijacked load of steaks ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-02-15-38-28.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-02-15-38-28.png
    378.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2018-07-02-15-39-47.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-02-15-39-47.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2018-07-02-15-37-06.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-02-15-37-06.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 40

RamzFanz

So you mean the people who signed up for free rides in the Waymo early rider program are saying nice things about their free rides? Wow, what a shock

I agree.

They are predisposed and vetted.

Now show me a single person who doesn't like it. This is uberdriverfornow 's entire position. I can show successes, people who like it, he can show nothing as to user experience. Why?

Last edited: