Knowing something illegal

Rweber1030

Picked up two guys today from a Motel 6. Very nice, polite, etc. One of them told me that they bought a iPhone 6 from a "crackhead" for $10 and cracked the code to get into it. Dropped them off at their apartment but it's been bothering me all day. To tell or not to tell, that is the question! WWYD?

Fuzzyelvis

Picked up two guys today from a Motel 6. Very nice, polite, etc. One of them told me that they bought a iPhone 6 from a "crackhead" for $10 and cracked the code to get into it. Dropped them off at their apartment but it's been bothering me all day. To tell or not to tell, that is the question! WWYD?
The crackhead probably found it when an uber driver tossed it out the window after it was left in his car...

timberstx

Just make sure they don't take any of your things on their way out.
Wonder if they were using the hacked iPhone for a free Uber ride.

Cowboyup

Codes can only come from phone's carrier (AT&T ,etc). The requirement for the unlocked code is the phone has to paid for in full by owner. The owner then decided to sell it for an insane low price. The new owner contacts carrier to get code. So nothing illegal I see here. Apps with crack codes don't work on iPhones. You have to get code from carrier.

Trebor

You can reset a iphone if it is code protected. You can not reset the code if it is icloud locked. Android, you just need a special sequence of buttons and it will reset.

The Mollusk

Fine. I'll play along...

Who is it you're going to call? Are you seriously going to call the police over some hearsay from a paxs friend?

wk1102

Fine. I'll play along...

Who is it you're going to call? Are you seriously going to call the police over some hearsay from a paxs friend?
You sir, are whats wrong with society today. Ignore one little crime today, tomorrow its human trafficking or worse we're ignoring.

Call the FBI, ATF, CIA, local and state pd, be vigilant!

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!

Cou-ber

You sir, are whats wrong with society today. Ignore one little crime today, tomorrow its human trafficking or worse we're ignoring.

He's kinda right actually. Who do you call? If you call the cops and say, "Hey my uber pax just revealed they bought an iPhone 6 off a crack @@@@@ for $10." They'll say, "Ok good for them and???" Dead end. He isn't what's wrong, he is what's rational and logical. Cops will laugh at that phone call. It's like the pot dealer calling to say, "some dude just stole my pot I was gonna sell..." Equally ridiculous. Though they'd likely go after the pot dealer.

The Mollusk

Guffaw!!

If this was 17th century France , I'd slap you across the face with a velvet glove, twist my waxed moustache and challenge you to rapiers!!

The Mollusk

I'm not "kinda right", I'm totally right :smiles:.

I think many of the Uberites here live in an alternate , idealized world.

darkshy77

Pull over and arrested them.... Take the phone as evidence of criminal activity... Have the police send the CSI team to find the owner. Get the key to the city from the mayor Sylvester Turner.