Know why you are losing money with new fixed upfront cost rider booking

TheHopeful

Want to know why you are losing money?

AS some have calculated, u are losing around 11% more money now with fixed pricing.

The reason is simple. Uber GPS enroute sucks. How often do you get pings and see its 3mins away from rider but when u navigate frm google its ETA is 5mins? ( Even when you are stationary and did not overshot any turns or junction ) try to notice this guys and you will know why you are already losing more money on fares and gases when they roll out FIXED PRICING because their uber system sucks

TheHopeful

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is either they purposly want to make their fares look cheaper or their GPS enroute really screw up. AFTERALL DRIVER SUFFERS THE MOST

renyeo

Its precisely the point - Uber wants you to go for incentives lah! Ha ha!

Why go make $50 in 3 hours when you could get paid $105 by hitting TPH.

Poor_Lad

Uber enroute ETA is full of shit. It doesn't take into account traffic and all. From Toa Payoh to Whampoa its ETA is like 6 minutes. And from Boon Keng to Owen road it gives ETA 4 minutes. Uber think its drivers piloting drones or what? Can fly through the air.

Last edited:

Sohgoody

Guys firstly uber has no gps device it all depends on your hp and location. Uber apps then ride on that info from the maps u are using. For fixed pricing why don't u guys try requesting a ride with a friend and check the fare based on a few distance combinations. Then the truth will be revealed. No point talk and talk here. I want to confirm too as the rider app is not based on fixed pricing. Uber emailed me too once when I enquire something.

Libraguy85

image.png
image.png
image.jpeg
Guys firstly uber has no gps device it all depends on your hp and location. Uber apps then ride on that info from the maps u are using. For fixed pricing why don't u guys try requesting a ride with a friend and check the fare based on a few distance combinations. Then the truth will be revealed. No point talk and talk here. I want to confirm too as the rider app is not based on fixed pricing. Uber emailed me too once when I enquire something.
For your perusal. If you need screenshots of the trips for proof and analysis I'll be more than happy to share.

Last edited:

Libraguy85

For your perusal. If you need screenshots of the trips for proof and analysis I'll be more than happy to share.
Take note, there's no surging amount on new app update shown anymore but I vividly remember my surge that day 1.2X for that trip on 29th July, and based it on my calculations....Sneaky Uber that's is why they don't want you to recall your surge amounts or else you would be able to do your calculations. What kind of partnership conspire to cheat their drivers and doesn't practice maintaining transparency?

Last edited:

Libraguy85

And there are a few more but they will go into hiding when drivers face big problems. At the right time they will come out to say they want to help but only through PM.
Not to mention guys this $84 nett does not include you rental and petrol which works out to be about 35% . So technically after costs it's $55. A FAR STRETCH FROM THEIR $105 MAMBO JUMBO. Whoever says that they can earn $105 in 3hours must be living in limbo land and smoking some heavy shit brahh.

Last edited:

TheHopeful

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who here 100% hit all incentive for the whole week? Then for the month? If no then u are effectively losing money man, even for the 90% fare since ur fare is lower now. Why shouldnt it be a concern?

Poor_Lad

Not to mention guys this $84 nett does not include you rental and petrol which works out to be about 35% . So technically after costs it's $55. A FAR STRETCH FROM THEIR $105 MAMBO JUMBO. Whoever says that they can earn $105 in 3hours must be living in limbo land and smoking some heavy shit brahh.
Its more than that. My daily rental is $55 and the running cost of operating my car (petrol and all...) is around $25 - $30 a day. Impossible to survive just driving AM peak incentive.