Kneeland St HOV entrance

Duane Mitchell

I took this entrance to the Logan HOV last night. Nice shortcut. Not that I was looking for one because there was no traffic. Waze wanted to take me down Albany Street to the usual entrance. That would have added a couple of bucks but I wanted to learn this one.

Basically you take a right onto Lincoln St off of Kneeland as you are heading in the direction of South Station. Then a left a couple hundreds yards up on South Station Connector. It takes you right to the front of the line for tunnel traffic. It's that last tunnel entrance lane on the right just as you are going into the main part of the tunnel. In heavy traffic conditions I would do it because I'm not making money on time.

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 3.17.02 PM.jpg

Goodellsux

Duane, I was hoping this could be our little secret!!!!!!

Late last week I was headed to the airport via mass pike at 4 pm and waze was reporting a huge delay. Connector was halfway back to Allston due to tunnel traffic. I exited at south station and proceeded through that tunnel care free to the airport and according to waze, saved 20 minutes.

In case you missed my post in the other thread, this entrance connects with the entrance off of both 93N left lane and the entrance under 93 by broadway/traveler.

Buyer beware: twice last week I saw a cop with cars pulled over in that tunnel, where only the driver was present. No big deal when you have a pax, but too risky to take if you are alone.

Also, waze seems to be unaware of this tunnel from all three of the entrances. Maybe something to do with the fact it is restricted to HOV?

Duane Mitchell

Duane, I was hoping this could be our little secret!!!!!!
Well I'm not going to tell anybody. Yes, I did see your post on this and that is why I was looking for it. It seemed to me that enough people were not aware of it so I made this post.

Good to know where the other access points are. I've used the one from 93N left lane but never from underneath though I've seen it. Never seen Kneeland St access point though.

bostonwolf

I got a $10 tip using that. Was taking a couple to the airport from Quincy and they were super late. Took that shortcut and at least gave them 15 minutes to try to make their flight.