King of Jerks

dragnet

Okay... I'm sure there are worse, but I'm really annoyed that a passenger got all uppity about me NOT picking him and his gf up in a bus stop.

Jerk: I was right on the pin where the app put me.
Me: In the bus stop.
Jerk: Yes. (annoyed voice)
Me: Sorry but we get very expensive tickets for picking up in bus stops.
Jerk: I get Uber's here (Rockridge BART) all the time and all the drivers pick me up in the same place.
Me: Yes, it's a problem throughout the Uber system.
Jerk: Have you tried to notify Uber of this problem.
Me: Ha! Yeah... that doesn't work. I've tried.
Jerk: Why can't you contact them? I can.
Me: Please, be my guest. Maybe you can get further than I can.
Jerk: (...smoldering...)
GF: (...completely quiet...)

I'm sure they're nice enough people. Well, maybe the gf is nice enough. It just irked me that he was annoyed that I had the audacity to NOT pick them up in the bus stop.

There are actually several moderately good pickup points at Rockridge BART, but the app has no clue where they are. And I don't think AI can figure it out. And Uber will never listen.

All-in-all, this wasn't terrible but it's the worst passenger I've had in over a year of driving.

dragnet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The EJECT button is there for a reason. Use it on the uppity.
I know. Literally, I was sitting there thinking... "Should I be Seymour or James Bond?" In other words, should I apply my best customer service skills, or should I flick the top of the shifter and hit the red button?

Seymour is the right thing to do.
Bond would be the satisfying thing to do.

seymour

If there's no chance of a ticket I would definitely stop.

Sounds like Puzzy Galore was in full view in your rear view mirror so ended up being a happy ending?

Note to mods: Puzzy Galore is a bond girl in the movie Goldfinger. JB drives a vehicle in this movie with red eject button in it.

Last edited:

dragnet

If there's no chance of a ticket I would definitely stop.

Sounds like @@@@@ Galore was in full view in your rear view mirror so ended up being a happy ending?
He was immediately acting up when he got in the car and I was about ready to turn around and say, "Okay, that's it. Outta the car, Odd Job." But instead I figured it would be a better challenge to see it through and see if I could make them... well, if not happy, maybe a little less angry by the end of the ride. The easy scapegoat is Uber.

It still rubs me the wrong way that this guy could think I did something wrong by not picking him up in a bus stop.
Post automatically merged:

The other annoying bit was that, honestly, this guy was pissed that I made him cross the street while I took about 2 mins to drive around the block. "Harrumph. You made me cross the street to find you."

nurburgringsf

He was immediately acting up when he got in the car and I was about ready to turn around and say, "Okay, that's it. Outta the car, Odd Job." But instead I figured it would be a better challenge to see it through and see if I could make them... well, if not happy, maybe a little less angry by the end of the ride. The easy scapegoat is Uber.

It still rubs me the wrong way that this guy could think I did something wrong by not picking him up in a bus stop.

The other annoying bit was that, honestly, this guy was pissed that I made him cross the street while I took about 2 mins to drive around the block. "Harrumph. You made me cross the street to find you."
Bro, I would have just cancelled. Its tempting to want to pick them up and see how they react, maybe educate them a little but youre pretty much a vet like me and knows how it ends.

Some people's instant reaction when they realize they were in the wrong is to make you feel guilty for doing something else wrong. Gas lighting is what its called I think.

dragnet

Bro, I would have just cancelled. Its tempting to want to pick them up and see how they react, maybe educate them a little but youre pretty much a vet like me and knows how it ends.
Yeah... But I have this morbid curiosity thing that I can't let go of. I don't want to just imagine the carnage that might have been. I want to see it first hand.

dragnet

We're here to make money. Not taking any risk for ticket . to exchange $3.75 . I was cancel one ride who stand at masonic St today. Special theres green bike line on the right. Lol
The other part of the story was, I wanted to finish a CTB so I could get back home and make burritos for me and my son (15). The wife and daughter were both out tonight so it was just us two boys fending for themselves.

Dragnet: Sorry but we get very expensive tickets for picking up in bus stops.
Jerk: I get Uber's here (Rockridge BART) all the time and all the drivers pick me up in the same place.
Me: Get the @@@@ out of my car.
It's funny though. I could see by the look on the guy's face as he was walking to the car that he was pissed. Once I started the ride and saw they were going up to the Piedmont area... I really wanted to test myself on how I could handle this guy.

They say the definition of finesse is the ability to tell someone to go to he11 and make them happy to start their journey.

Last edited:

BeansnRice

Okay... I'm sure there are worse, but I'm really annoyed that a passenger got all uppity about me NOT picking him and his gf up in a bus stop.

I'm sure they're nice enough people. Well, maybe the gf is nice enough. It just irked me that he was annoyed that I had the audacity to NOT pick them up in the bus stop.

There are actually several moderately good pickup points at Rockridge BART, but the app has no clue where they are. And I don't think AI can figure it out. And Uber will never listen.

All-in-all, this wasn't terrible but it's the worst passenger I've had in over a year of driving.
He mostly complained in order to impress his date.
He would usually probably just be annoyed but quiet.

Btw, you know they don’t care about your fines and tickets though.....

Workerant18

I usually tell my pax that’t A $300 tickets, I learn my lessons twice already, don’t need a third time. Usually they laugh. If pax still give me attitude, I would change to I aren’t getting a ticket for a bus fare amount.

warsaw

The question is more about enforcement practices, which are more vigorous in San Francisco than outside the city. I would say that it’s less likely to be ticketed, but again you have to draw your own battle lines.

KnowFear415

My worst pet peeve is the bus stop pick-up attempts. I usually drive by the bus stop, mad dog them, while slowly/gradually pushing on the cancel button, it gives me a burst of serotonin comparable to a hit of ecstasy. I hate it so much that I clearly state it on my profile page. Paxholes read it & STILL stand at bus stops. That's why I do the mad dog, drive-by thing. If they can't follow that simple request/rule, then what other rules are they not going to follow in the car?

Attachments

eazycc

Cancel. Personally I'd tell them GTFO and report them immediately. Someone who does that generally isn't a nice person to be around, and isn't very respectful of most people. Think "beats his wife/GF" mean.

If you want to keep your ctb mark "nowhere to stop.". That won't interrupt your CTB. If you already accepted, pick luggage.

Besides look at it this way...You could potentially spending 30+ minutes with this person in an enclosed space. Considering you would rather be elsewhere with someone that matters, and pax berated you as soon as they had the chance, why would you want to spend any amount of time with this dips____?

IR12

This behavior is typical of
Rockridge
Piedmont
Broadway Terrace
Montclair
Pin will also tell you to pickup/drop off on freeway for both MacArthur & Rockridge Bart Stations.

Some people's instant reaction when they realize they were in the wrong is to make you feel guilty for doing something else wrong. Gas lighting is what its called I think.
Cancel is right. Rockridge entitlement will never change.
I even cancel if airport pickup is for Rockridge/Montclair area. I already know I will not tolerate the superior smug my $hit don't stink attitude.

Last edited:

seymour

My worst pet peeve is the bus stop pick-up attempts. I usually drive by the bus stop, mad dog them, while slowly/gradually pushing on the cancel button, it gives me a burst of serotonin comparable to a hit of ecstasy. I hate it so much that I clearly state it on my profile page. Paxholes read it & STILL stand at bus stops. That's why I do the mad dog, drive-by thing. If they can't follow that simple request/rule, then what other rules are they not going to follow in the car?
that's pretty clever to include that in ur profile. Never thought of that. You may want to add 'red' bus zones. Many tourists are clueless as to what a bus zone is or looks like. Also, you save $178 by double parking at a bus zone and having the pax walk across the zone to enter or exit your vehicle. So, if you see handful of buses in your rear-view mirror just double park and let the pax come to you. $110 ticket is better than a $288 one. Smile for that camera, too!