• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Kind of annoying

Dan Uphoff

So who else here gets annoyed when people decide to come sit in your normal area? I never head downtown unless i need to drop someone off down there, otherwise i stick to my home area around van mall. I notice almost every day people that are on almost 24/7, never go offline just screwing up people that are actually trying to do this part time. To me sitting at your house should not be allowed. Also getting tired of people trying to position themselves between u and other areas just to get business before you. To many newb drivers that are greedy.

jason7373

There is just not enuf riders yet. Everyone want to make some money at this. You should get some of the uber referral cards and hand them out to people in you area. That might drum up some Business.

Dan Uphoff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im happy if i just make 200 a weekend, i only work fri night, sat day and on and off through sunday. I have one guy i take to work on monday mornings that lives near me, he beeps me same time every monday. Some of the attitudes of the other drivers, i had one in downtown vancouver get after me saying im trying to poach his area, why i stay away from down there guy is very rude in a newer prius, even heard other riders complain about him so i dont know how much longer he will be at it. I need to get some of those cards to drop off at bars. Had one rider that said several people at the bar he talked to had never even heard of uber, they need to get their ass's out and market themselves, pretty simple to put up some signs at bus stops and stuff, near local bars. Does not cost that much, or kick us drivers a incentive if we go to bars and hand out fliers.

D-money

Hey I am new at this whole Uber thing. Actually I am still in the process of signing up. I live in Washougal but I'm going to college in Portland and I wanted to make some money on my days I'm not at school. Just curious how profitable this really is? I currently own two older 2 doors cars. I'm curious if it is worth it to trade one in for a newer four door car.? Will I actually make more money doing this with an added car payment on top or should I just stick with my miserable minimum wage job? Figured I would ask some ppl that are actually doing this rather than rely on the Uber adds claiming I'll make 25 per hour. Everyone knows big companies don't always make good on their claims and it sounds a little too good to be true.

jason7373

D-money. It seems slow to me. I have been putting in at lest 70-80 hours a week and I am only bringing in $500-600 a week. It is not a good deal right now. But when portland is opened up than that will change. It sure looks like there is a lot of drivers up there in the coov.

jason7373

Dan uphoff When someone uses your rider code you get $5 on your rider account. You can then give your self rides to spend the free $5.

ES Finesse

So who else here gets annoyed when people decide to come sit in your normal area? I never head downtown unless i need to drop someone off down there, otherwise i stick to my home area around van mall. I notice almost every day people that are on almost 24/7, never go offline just screwing up people that are actually trying to do this part time. To me sitting at your house should not be allowed. Also getting tired of people trying to position themselves between u and other areas just to get business before you. To many newb drivers that are greedy.
I'm a new Uber driver. I noticed that people some seem to think that this is a territorial thing. The city is open to everyone. The problem is that Uber has not caught on in Vancouver yet. A lot of people don't know about it. I took a couple of people to the airport this morning that are from L.A. They said that people there are making money hand over fist. I do hang out at the mall, because no calls come to the area of my residence. I was told by Uber support, that we can pick up in the Portland suburbs, just not in the Portland city limits. Everyone is doing this to make money, so it's not like people set out to go into someone else's "territory". At least not me. I just go where I can safely park and wait for rides.

ES Finesse

If you divide the amount of money you make by the time you actually drive, it's a good hourly wage. But it's the waiting that takes up all the time. I'm sure it will pick up once the majority of people in Vancouver catch on, and Portland opens up. I picked up some riders Saturday night from the bars. The first couple was cool, but the second group was just disrespectful. I finally had to tell them to cool it. I guess I will just drop people off at the bars, and not pick-up after they have been drinking. I don't make enough money at this to repair anything in my car because of drunken idiots, or if someone pukes in my car.

Fuzzyelvis

I'm a new Uber driver. I noticed that people some seem to think that this is a territorial thing. The city is open to everyone. The problem is that Uber has not caught on in Vancouver yet. A lot of people don't know about it. I took a couple of people to the airport this morning that are from L.A. They said that people there are making money hand over fist. I do hang out at the mall, because no calls come to the area of my residence. I was told by Uber support, that we can pick up in the Portland suburbs, just not in the Portland city limits. Everyone is doing this to make money, so it's not like people set out to go into someone else's "territory". At least not me. I just go where I can safely park and wait for rides.
The PAX told you people are making money hand over fist? Do they drive for uber? Pax tell me all the time how much money drivers are making. I don't know how they would know. They think I'm making tons any time of day until I tell them diffetent

ES Finesse

So, there seems to be tools that people use to see where drivers are. I would like to use the same tools to see where all of the drivers are, because I prefer NOT to be where all the other drivers are. I have heard of people using uber rider to see where the drivers are, but don't you have to enter your credit card info to use it?