• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Kids in the car?

wwud

I was scrolling down my Facebook timeline and saw this post. Do any any y'all take someone/kids along with you on rides? If so, is this legal? Some of these things you just can't make up.

Attachments

UberBy11

I've seen similar complaints before, and until I became a driver I sided with the complainer.
Now that I see the piddly wages, and know that this is intended to be (or is called) a "Ride Sharing" community. IDGAF and yes if I had a child I would probably bring the child instead of paying a sitter.

As for the legality of it; I do believe the insurance coverage highly discourages this; and I'm sure I've read here that the presence of the additional Pax(child) takes away from the # of seats you contractually indicated you had available for paying Pax.

MiamiKid

I've seen similar complaints before, and until I became a driver I sided with the complainer.
Now that I see the piddly wages, and know that this is intended to be (or is called) a "Ride Sharing" community. IDGAF and yes if I had a child I would probably bring the child instead of paying a sitter.

As for the legality of it; I do believe the insurance coverage highly discourages this; and I'm sure I've read here that the presence of the additional Pax(child) takes away from the # of seats you contractually indicated you had available for paying Pax.
As both a driver and rider, am adamantly opposed to drivers taking anyone along with them. It is strictly against guidelines & grounds for deactivation.

If this ever happens to me, as a pax, I'll one * plus write in a compliant!

jtc291980

I was out late drinking one night with the gf. Hope in an Uber and the guy said, "Almost done for the night, have to get this guy home." His son was passed out in the front seat. Felt bad for him, and didn't say anything, but I'm sure he got deactivated pretty quick. What if he had to take a group of 4?

Storm104

My brother took an uber to my house the other day. When he got there I was out front and there was another person in the car who was yelling that he knew me from the town I lived in before I moved to Atlanta years ago. I asked my brother was it a pool ride. He said "No, Dude was just in the car. I wasnt tripiing" but my brother is way laid back. Are you allowed to do that? I heard of a woman that was driving with her husband in the car at night. I dont have anyone to ride around with me like that, but I dont know if I'd be comfortable with strange people coming to my house...you know other than us strange driers.

steveK2016

No, if reported, this is cause for immediate deactivation with minimal to no chance of being reinstated.

If you are afraid to drive alone, then driving pax for hire is not the job for you.

nlt624

1. I would NEVER have a child in my car while I do rideshare. We're already taking a risk picking up strangers. I'm not adding my child to that risk.
2. If I am a rider and my driver arrives with ANYONE in the car, i'm reporting his/her arse!!!!

Kmac95

WTF are you all serious??? If I was a regular X passenger and there was someone else in the car I would be reporting so fast I cannot even explain. That is not ok with no explanation as to why. They better not be getting out out anywhere out the way or before I exit the vehicle.