1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Kicked out of car - driver doesnt do pool (NYC)

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by injera, Jun 15, 2016.

1. injera

injera

Took UberPool to work today. Driver must not have noticed I had selected pool until a second request comes through. He asks me if i selected pool and I answered truthfully. He proceeded to pull the car over and told me to exit the vehicle since he doesnt 'do Uber Pool.'

Didn't want to get into a fight so i exited the vehicle, opened the Lyft app and got another ride to work.

Driver drove another mile down 2nd avenue then cancelled the ride. Once I got the email saying the ride was over i went into the app, gave 1* and explained my dissatisfaction. Uber responded in 3 minutes and cancelled the charge for that ride.

I can understand some drivers may not like pool, but kicking a pax out for using it is horsesh--.

2. I'm okay with that. Pool is a ripoff for drivers in most markets and it should be avoided at all costs.

Shakur, dennis09, Julescase and 46 others like this.
  3. Have you complained to Uber that they shouldn't create situations that rip drivers off?

4. berserk42

berserk42

Driver is either painfully stupid or was trying to make an audacious point (by making it difficult for pax to use Pool). Ping clearly says UberPOOL or UberX. Even if driver blindly accepts ping, driver can still manually check to see what type of request it is by going to info. Even if driver doesn't do that, once near the pickup spot, the "number of riders" confirmation automatically pops up, which makes it blatantly obvious that it is a Pool request before pax gets in car. So, yeah, either driver is a total idiot or was purposefully trying to make your life hard.

As for me, I'm just declining all pools straight up. No thanks, Uber.

5. UberHammer

UberHammer

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Sorry for your bad experience, but Uber either needs to pay drivers more for UberPool trips, let drivers chose to not participate in it, or just get rid of Uberpool all together. It really sucks for drivers. Until Uber solves this problem, it's going to be a problem for everyone involved.

6. injera

injera

I have no issue with drivers refusing to take pool requests. It's your life, its your car, its your job. That said, once i'm in your car and once we're moving you should not kick a rider out of your car (unless i'm rude, violent, threatening, etc....in which case it's fair game, but this morning I was polite, quiet and calm).

7. Do you care whether or not the ride defrauds the driver?

8. Next time just slide the selector to Uber X. Even the perfect rider has already kicked dirt in the driver's face by selecting pool.

9. SD Momo

SD Momo

Driving:
    UberX
    I avoid driving UberPOOL, but I would never do that. It was the driver who accepted the ride, to begin with. It was his choice or mistake.

There are so many drivers out there happy to do UberPools.

Sorry for your bad experience with a fellow Uber driver.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  10. UberHammer

UberHammer

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Uber drivers aren't professional drivers.

Bnerdy, hangarcat, UXDriver and 7 others like this.
  11. injera

injera

Can you explain how I defrauded the driver? Did I take his wallet on my way out of the car? Did i say i was 1 pax when i was actually 3 therefore preventing him from getting another fare? Did I lie about my destination? No.

I requested pool, he accepted pool, i got in the car. Would he have made less money with me as a pool pax vs an uberx pax? Of course. But i didnt change my ride mid-trip, i was uber pool the whole time. If he ignored my ping, fine. If he accepts my ping and picks me up, drive me.

IronMike60, keb, LiveTurkey and 15 others like this.
  12. Uber Pool has been forced onto UberX drivers in many markets. Since it's a losing proposition, it makes earning a living wage very difficult to attain for drivers. UberX, itself, is actually hard to make profitable in many markets because of the up front costs to drivers and the actual weekly payout. But to force UberX drivers to do Uber Pool is a very unethical thing. Here, look at this thread. People are trying to get out, but they're being forced to do Uber Pool:

https://uberpeople.net/threads/trying-to-opt-out.83937/page-2#post-1173699

You created this thread because of a perceived injustice. If you care about justice, you would not use Uber Pool, as it's overwhelmingly unprofitable for drivers. You might even contact Uber with as much indignation as you did for being dropped off in mid-ride. Just some things to consider.

13. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    You can't sit court side with general admission tickets. Drivers are getting fed up with cheap demanding non tipping pax. Can you blame them?

NoPooPool, Jayman, Julescase and 16 others like this.
  14. Drago619

Drago619

Sorry that happend. That driver is a @@@@@@..glad you 1 stared him and hope you got a free ride credit. Also thanks for handling it like a gentelman.

IronMike60, keb, ziliano and 5 others like this.
  15. injera

injera

Yes, I get it. Drivers dont like Uber pool. But I still dont see how this is fraud.

ziliano, neweagle, Gause22SHU and 2 others like this.
  16. injera

injera

I get it. Then don't accept uber pool

neweagle, UberTrip, ColdRider and 3 others like this.

17. Party A (Uber) forces Party B (driver) to serve Party C (rider). Party A profits, party C profits, party B loses. This is the anatomy of a fraudulent transaction.

18. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Well I look at it more like this. If I only want to spend $2.75 and take the city bus, I know I'll be on the bus with homeless, drunk, smelly, drug infested pax's. Now if I want to pay $15 and have my own personal vehicle pick me up fine. So with relating this to you, since you picked the cheapest Uber platform then you get the bottom of the barrel drivers. If you weren't so cheap and ordered Uber Black then I would not be responding to you on this thread. You recieved exactly the crappy service you paid for.

19. injera

injera

Party C signs up and uses a service.
    Party B signs up and provides a service, but doesnt like the way in which he is compensated for said service. Party B is fully aware of their compensation.
    Party A sets the rules that both Party B&C have agreed to.

I'm not going to say 'well if you dont like it, get another job.' But I am going to say that Party C did not commit fraud. I will continue to use uber if rates go up. I tip more often than not. If you dont like pool, dont take pool, but dont kick a rider out of your car.

IronMike60, stuber, UberTim and 11 others like this.
  20. As a passenger and not a driver, we can accept that you didn't know how abusive pool is to drivers. Now you know, so please don't request pool anymore.