Keller Williams Conference

#professoruber

You must've not read it thoroughly. I said that the distance to pick-up was lower than the actual time it took. I'm thinking they lied about the pickup time because they knew I would reject a 20 minute pickup time. Ten to twelve minutes is my threshold, but depends on the situation.
I read it loud and clear. My point was you didn’t have the nuts to cancel. :roflmao:

ftupelo

Tupelo - it’s Swiss-Italian originating from the Ticino region of southern Switzerland, which is why I have such beautiful olive skin.

TXUbering

I read it loud and clear. My point was you didn’t have the nuts to cancel. :roflmao:
Sorry, but I can only go by the information in front of me. If it says 10 minutes away, I am expecting it to be 10 minutes away. I didn't know that it was actually 20 minutes away until I kept looking at the time and noticed that the time didn't drop like it should've. If I was told the correct time, I would've punted the request. My point is that the app most likely lied to me about how far away the pax was.

Uberyouber

Tupelo - it’s Swiss-Italian originating from the Ticino region of southern Switzerland, which is why I have such beautiful olive skin.
yawn...:cautious:
Post automatically merged:

Yeah you should have probably thought that one through a little more...

Last edited:

songoku

Sorry, but I can only go by the information in front of me. If it says 10 minutes away, I am expecting it to be 10 minutes away. I didn't know that it was actually 20 minutes away until I kept looking at the time and noticed that the time didn't drop like it should've. If I was told the correct time, I would've punted the request. My point is that the app most likely lied to me about how far away the pax was.
Lol. App estimates the distance based on drone/bird route.

#professoruber

It’s technology. I don’t think uber or Lyft does this intentionally. I am 100% sure during rush hour, Waze/google is not accurate as traffic is building up. I tell my riders that GPS is saying 40 minutes but it may be longer as traffic is building.

I am assuming you are using Uber’s GPS as well?

TXUbering

Lol. App estimates the distance based on drone/bird route.
I figure it uses the same tech that Waze/Google Maps use. I can't imagine it using a straight line estimate, as that would piss off a lot of pax.

It’s technology. I don’t think uber or Lyft does this intentionally. I am 100% sure during rush hour, Waze/google is not accurate as traffic is building up. I tell my riders that GPS is saying 40 minutes but it may be longer as traffic is building.

I seem to see it happen more often than not. I think the Uber/Lyft algorithm are probably more sinister than we think. For instance, I don't really shuffle "hood" duty, and I think Uber (and when I was more Lyft involved) does its best to pull me down towards south Dallas when it has the chance knowing that if it gets me close enough, I'll go ahead and pick up a ride south of I-30. I wouldn't doubt it in the least if the algorithm is eventually leaked to the public, and lawsuits emerge from the contents of that algorithm.

And on a side-note, I picked up more of these jackholes yesterday, and a woman came extremely close to outright telling me that it's just a big ole group hug-o-rama.....

ExtraMoneyUber

This is true, especially the longer the distance you're traveling.

TaylorR137

Every KW attendee has tipped me big. One last night made it rain, $60 in one dollar bills and theres probably more under my seat still.

TaylorR137

Did he slide em in your g-string or did he slip em into your bra strap?
I was asking what the pax name was (there was a crowd when I rolled up) and she started making it rain saying just get us out of here. I drove the car and picked it up later. Made for a great entertainment to see if the next pax would go for em.