• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

KCI Rematch?

Ffruegle1

Anyone else having a hard time getting a rematch lately? In the last 10 airport trips I have had only 1 rematch. I'm a Diamond Pro driver as well, so for the last few months I've been getting a rematch about 80% of the time. Until last week that is. Something is going on.

gambler1621

What time period does the 10 trips cover? 1 day, 7 days? 3 weeks? I have received rematches before even reaching the airport recently. I am a lowly blue ball driver because I refuse to bend over for Uber.

By the way, I love the new driver rewards. I am making more than ever using my old strategy. I will take cash in my bank account over the rewards.

Ffruegle1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This has been happening for one week now. Midday trips to late afternoon. Last rematch I got was a week ago, late afternoon.

bpsa1

I didn't get one when I went to KCI after dropping off a pax from DT. It was terminal C if that matters. I live near the airport anyway so no rematch there doesn't bother me too much as opposed to drivers who live in JoCo or somewhere like that

jfinks

I have noticed less rematch activity but the holding lot moves much faster lately. Wonder if only Diamonds have a chance at rematch now.
Post automatically merged:

There are 3 times when I wish I had my trip durations back,

1. Stadium at high surge time, you want your first two trips to take you no further than down town or out east. Then the 3rd trip you want a long trip out of the area, like to OP or way up north, since your 3rd ride will probably be the end of the main part of surge.

2. if I end up in lees summit or further south. You can get requests but it is good to make sure they are heading back north.

3. Airport ride filtering, either to or from. If I'm on a destination to the airport it was good to see general direction and duration to pick the trip that got you to the destination. Uber seems to think downtown or plaza is close enough to getting you to destination from OP... If at the airport you could filter through a few rides to get one that is 30-40 min south.

Other than that the Uber pro stuff isn't that big of deal.

Last edited:

NGOwner

Two trips yesterday to the airport.

One landed me there at ~11:30AM. The second at around 12:30PM.

No rematch either time.

[NG]Owner

kcdrvr15

two trips to kci on lyft today, both rematch (or whatever lyft calls it), one to the stadium, the other to zona rosa

both rematches pinged me before I even moved my car from the drop off

don't delay, the airport police are watching closely, but I can usually take a couple of min to unload, close doors, check back seats, ect, then drive off, slowly the speed limit in the terminals is 15 mph

Ffruegle1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven’t had a rematch in over a dozen trips now. Uber said to reload my app. Tried that; naturally made no difference. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

NGOwner

And today unicorn: a Lyft rematch at the airport!

And I never move from the terminals after dropoff. Always wait in a quiet area of either terminal and watch for my ant to disappear on Uber. Have only been asked by AirPopo to move once or twice.

[NG]Owner

kcdrvr15

And I never move from the terminals after dropoff. Always wait in a quiet area of either terminal and watch for my ant to disappear on Uber. Have only been asked by AirPopo to move once or twice.

[NG]Owner
Yea, if you move just a little bit around the circle, you will notice areas where it's not busy, pull over, with your flashers on, next to rental car bus stops, the popo will ignore you for at least 5 min, I use the time to fill out my ride book, check email or texts, and voice mail. Just don't sit there, starting straight ahead... uber drivers are easy to spot for the airpt pd.

jfinks

Ya definitely don't mess around when it is busy, but if the terminal or section is very quiet it is easy to just loiter about for a few min. But if I'm getting a rematch it generally happens pretty quickly. You can easily take a lap from B to C and C to B, just drive slow. After a lap of each leave or head to lot.

[NG]Owner
I never thought about looking for my ant on the rider app. Interesting that it disappears if your rematch times out.

This was a first for me last night. I waited in queue for about an hour and got to the top. The request said "short trip we'll hold your place in line for 6 hours". I accepted and took a rider to a hotel east of airport. Hopped back on I-29 and was back in queue and had another request in a couple of minutes.

kcdrvr15

Another lyft trip to terminal C, door6, rematch before I even moved, term C, door 8, back to crown center area.