1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

KC zTrip driver was shot more than 20 times by passenger, goddaughter says

Discussion in 'News' started by Taxi Driver in Arizona, Dec 8, 2018 at 10:48 AM.

1. Be careful out there drivers.

https://fox4kc.com/2018/12/06/kc-zt...7Hj46TPlIfflgoojQhlT8uWG3oB6hgaggdUCMzAQMgguA

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- For several agonizing nights, a fuming Lori Nightingale has been worried sick about her godmother, a 53-year-old zTrip driver shot by her own passengers.

”She’s my everything. She’s my world. That woman has been my like a mother to me, a longtime friend for 15 years and my roommate. She’s so sweet, king big old teddy bear, and what they did to her is so senseless,” she said of Teresa Meitl.

Nightingale said around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday her godmother, a zTrip driver, drove two male passengers to 10th and Benton. When they got out, the unthinkable happened.

”They opened her passenger side door and told her that they were robbing her, and she swung and hit one of them, cussed them out. And when she screamed, they shot her," Nightingale said.

At least one of the men shot Meitl multiple times. Despite bleeding profusely and in pain, the brave zTtrip driver called for help.

”She’s the one who called 911 from her phone and pushed the emergency button on her tablet," Nightingale said.

Paramedics rushed the 53-year-old to a hospital.

”The doctors said they found 25 actual bullets in her right side, so to me that makes me think they fired 25 times. They were whole bullets not fragments. I know it’s Christmas, and I know people are out stealing and robbing people. But did you really have to do what you did that many times? She doesn’t make a lot of money, and she could have been killed,” Nightingale said.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Lee239

Lee239

That's a crazy story and if someone wants to rob you and has a gun it might be best to let them take the car and your valuables.

Plus how can you shoot a person that much did they have a machine gun, had to be a pellet gun to cause 25 hits and not kill someone.

tohunt4me likes this.
  3. These driver stories are ridiculous.

UberLyftFlexWhatever likes this.
  4. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
  5. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Bull**** story. Probably a BB gun.

UberLyftFlexWhatever likes this.
  6. 25 bullets ?
    Of course they had no intention of killing her . . .

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  7. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Just a flesh wound.

tohunt4me likes this.
  8. I think
    If it were me
    After being SHOT 5 or 6 times
    I would have said " ENOUGH ! Im out of here "!
    And drove off . . .

Perhaps 25 projectiles from a shotgun shot ?

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  9. 25 is a LOT of holes.
    A Lot of Noise.
    A Lot of Smoke.
    A Lot of Attention.

Attached Files:

LyftNewbie10 likes this.
  10. New2This

New2This

They lost me with "No Surge Pricing" and driver testimonials talking about The Community...

Screenshot_20181209-031506_Samsung Internet.jpg

11. kcdrvr15

kcdrvr15

Driving:
    Lyft
    ztrip, is the local taxi company, they have an app, lots of newer cars, and will take on independent drivers with a car, but you have to pay them to use the app, flat rate, they provide all insurance and permits. Lots of former uber drivers are now driving for z-trip in kansas city.

12. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Which is mostly the Uber model before UberX.