1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Kansas City market for UberSELECT, and Lyft Plus

Discussion in 'Kansas City' started by KCDriver, Aug 12, 2017.

1. KCDriver

KCDriver

Driving:
    UberX
    Just curious how it's working out for drivers with premium cars; is there much of a market or are you doing mostly Lyft & Uber X runs?.

Here's my context, I'm getting ready to buy a new vehicle (I need..ok ok I want... one anyway, NOT specifically for ride share). I'm debating between my original plan of a Ford C-Max vs a Used BMW for roughly the same cost.

2. aw99

aw99

I would say C Max. You will run X the whole day with your BMW. Very low demand for select.

3. Atlien23

Atlien23

Not worth it in KC. Get a hybrid or a car good on gas

4. jfinks

jfinks

I needed a short ride to work a couple months ago and decided to try out Select. Service was ok, guy showed up in a Lexus CT, kind of a small hatch back. It wasn't worth the extra I spent for the ride which was more than double what I paid in the past for X. The reason I mention this is because other Riders probably felt the same thing and would decide not to order a select because of the much higher mileage rate for not much nicer car. I didn't expect a Luxury vehicle to show up, but for what it cost my expectations were higher. Funny thing is if i ordered an X ride the same guy/car probably would have shown up.

5. Cadi

Cadi

The thing about Select is leather. If you have a suit or anything nice you take a gamble on X. Smells and stains on cloth seats are hard to get out. Leather you just wipe it clean.