Kaaboo 2017 - Good and Bad Report Card

NCRBILL

Im starting this so we have a place to put the good, bad and ugly details on Kaaboo. List anything which can help out your fellow drivers. Hopefully there will be some true unicorn rides out there. Traffic will be a nightmare so if you have anything to add on how to get in/out fast, go ahead and post it here. Pictures will be great if possible.

It was reported on KUSI about the Geo Fence and the requirement to pick up in the zone. Let's see if that stays put.

Good luck out there this weekend. I'll give it a try tomorrow to determine if I continue or stay away.

Kevin4163

When you say geofence, does that mean they are putting drivers in a queue like they do at the airport? Then they tell you what your approximate location in line is?

Also, does anyone know if accepting a pool request from within the geofence that gets matched up with another pool request counts as two pickups for quest purposes?

NCRBILL

What was being talked about was the drivers will be in parking stalls. When they get the request, you would text the pax which stall you are parked. Sounds way too organized if you ask me. We will have to wait until someone goes there and gives first hand knowledge

CJfrom619

Does anyone know if you had to RSVP in order to get rides from there or you can just show up and get a ride. I remember last year it didn't matter but then again I can't remember them asking us last year.

Escoman

That is how Uber ran it at Coachella ,The super bowl and other major events all drivers complained it killed surge and is a shit show

Wombat7

This looks like a bait and switch to me! Why would they put it in the email in fine print then send to everyone? I'm keeping the email just in case
I got the same promo in addition to a 50/65, $75/120 quest.

You guys can have Kaboo, I'll only go up if I catch a ride up there.

I'll cheerfully work in town while Kaboo draws some of the ants.

Good Luck and Good Money to you!!

San Diego Steve

I predict the uber zone will be a long wait unless your at end of music for the day. Worth a recon mission to see if its cost efficient at $10 plus boost. I have my surge strategy in place and will implement outside of zone. Wonder if Lyft pickups will be in uber zone like the track was. Also wonder if you'll get kicked out of the cue order if you cancel more than one request as the airport cue works. Please report all these issues on the thread!

Wombat7

Wow, had just finished my previous post when I caught a ride to Kaboo.

Place actually looks like it actually might work. Plenty of good signage leading in.

More and better organized space for cars waiting to pickup.

Drop-off zone is way too small and not clearly marked. I suspect drop-off will be a cluster if busy.

Pick-ups should be easier.

JasonB

Wow, had just finished my previous post when I caught a ride to Kaboo.

Place actually looks like it actually might work. Plenty of good signage leading in.

More and better organized space for cars waiting to pickup.

Drop-off zone is way too small and not clearly marked. I suspect drop-off will be a cluster if busy.

Pick-ups should be easier.
Where is the dropoff zone at?

What was being talked about was the drivers will be in parking stalls. When they get the request, you would text the pax which stall you are parked. Sounds way too organized if you ask me. We will have to wait until someone goes there and gives first hand knowledge
Parking stalls are how they have been handling DMTC pax recently,
and it works pretty well.

As far as whether or not they set up a geo-fence and start enacting
surge supression, we will have to wait and see...

NCRBILL

I got the same promo in addition to a 50/65, $75/120 quest.

You guys can have Kaboo, I'll only go up if I catch a ride up there.

I'll cheerfully work in town while Kaboo draws some of the ants.

Good Luck and Good Money to you!!
That is my thought also. Hopefully the ants will be attracted to the bait. If I'm in the area and traffic isn't bad, I'll give it a try but I'm sure as he!! Not going to deadhead miles all the way up there

Escoman

Kaboo has a different group every hour on every stage people come and go all day and night it is not like a normal concert or e vent. Last year it surged every hour blood red almost county wide . I'd make a drop there turn off the app go about 10 miles wait for it to become dark red and turn the app on again, during the white period of hours I just turned off the app and waited for surge. I made almost $1,000 on the 3 day's .

Wombat7

Where is the dropoff zone at?

Parking stalls are how they have been handling DMTC pax recently,
and it works pretty well.

As far as whether or not they set up a geo-fence and start enacting
surge supression, we will have to wait and see...
Drop-off is straight in at the back after you turn in to the lot. NOT WELL MARKED!! You'll make a 90 degree left and you're immediately in the drop zone. The zone has room for maybe 4 cars. After your drop there's a 45 degree right and then a quick left taking you out the way you came in.