1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

K, Had Enough of Booze in Plastic Cups!

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by upyouruber, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

1. upyouruber

upyouruber Well-Known Member

So a few days ago, I pick up a woman via a Lyft ping. She enters my vehicle with what is obviously a mixed drink in hand. "Sorry, no alcohol in my car." So now she turns into a demon-like creature and with a tossing motion empties the contents out the door but keeps the cup and jams it in her purse. After a few choice words from her, I cancel the trip before starting it as this had a big 1 star and who knows what complaint coming to me. I drive off and then notice a good amount of spilled booze (peach schnapps) on my leather seats. Pics taken. Lyft informed of incident etc. Two hours later, email from Lyft: $50 cleaning fee + $5 cancellation fee credited to my account.
    Thank you;)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 3:09 PM
    DuhSavage, MHR, goneubering and 13 others like this.
  2. Julescase

Julescase Well-Known Member

NICE!!!

I love when potential disasters end on a happy note. I hope that monster is deactivated, although I'm sure she won't be.

MHR, Merc7186, backcountryrez and 3 others like this.
  3. Lissetti

Lissetti Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yep! These paxholes don't care that an open alcohol container in the car, is a ticket on the driver.

Ubering around, Rakos and upyouruber like this.
  4. upyouruber

As a rookie I would've taken her. It was very empowering to calmly assess the situation and how to address it. My new rule is if you have open alcohol, no ride and PAX cancels. They all get pissed when they have to dump it and that is a guaranteed 1 STAR plus BS complaints! Nope, not anymore with me!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 3:10 PM
    ShinyAndChrome and Rakos like this.
  5. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Your other option is to chant "chug chug chug!'

MHR, HighRollinG, Merc7186 and 3 others like this.

6. Rakos

Rakos Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I use that option mostly...

Butt...it sets up for a chucking issue...

Makes for a FUN ride home usually....8>)

Rakos
    cat-humor-you-sir-lied-to-me-i-didnt-enjoy-this-bath.jpg

7. ShinyAndChrome

ShinyAndChrome Well-Known Member

They couldn't care less. Overloaded car? Who cares. Liqour? Who cares, they think they have a personal chauffeur. I wish it were possible to make money in my market outside of drunk hours, but it's not (not really).

8. upyouruber

Thats' why you gotta teach em' a lesson when possible!

9. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    ........and here I thought that I would have been clever in offering her a litter bag for the scrunched up cup.................Well Played, Sirrah!

Rakos and upyouruber like this.
  10. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You did great, but just a small word change. Instead of saying “my car”, go with “in Uber/Lyft rides”
    That way, hopefully, they’ll associate the no drinks policy with uber/Lyft and make it easier for the next driver that does the right thing, like you :), and enforces the rule/law.

jlong105, upyouruber and Rakos like this.
  11. u-Boat

u-Boat Well-Known Member

West of the Atlantic, East of the Pacific
    Driving:
    UberXL
    Yet another reason to upgrade your vehicle and obtain a Limo License. In most states open containers are allowed in LL’s. Who cares about spilled drink on leather seats and Weather Tech floor mats? Happy rider = more tips. Just keep your pets outta my rig please and thank you. Claws and leather do not mix!

HighRollinG and Rakos like this.
  12. upyouruber

I vehemently disagree. My experience (1600 rides +), is that allowing open containers HARDLY EVER resulted in a tip, cash or app. Instead, I have received empty cans and solo cups left behind along with major and minor spills. Refuse the booze and complete trip? ok, enjoy the 1 star rating and malicious complaint(s). As a driver, you are inviting all that is negative by permitting it.

13. FormerTaxiDriver

FormerTaxiDriver Active Member

Females are really good at spilling stuff. I think most are naturally clumsy until a certain age. Insurance companies say this as well.

I keep a cleanup kit and a roll of quarters in the spare tire compartment. The upholstery cleaner I use dries rather fast

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 7:54 AM
  14. 2Cents

2Cents Well-Known Member

What's the roll of quarters for in the trunk for, tolls?

15. FormerTaxiDriver

FormerTaxiDriver Active Member

Coin operated car wash and vacuum. Timing is very critical when somebody vomits, so I gotta suck it out ASAP.

Rakos, 2Cents and upyouruber like this.
  16. u-Boat

u-Boat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I permit it because it is legal for me to do so. I can understand why you would not because it is illegal. Again, the benefit of being an LL and having commercial insurance. Different strokes for different folks. Furthermore, I live in a tourist town and 90% of the riders that get in my vehicle are half in the bag already. I’m neither surprised nor miffed in the slightest when riders roll outta their hotels with red cup in hand. I’d be cancelling a hell of a lotta rides and losing mucho moolah if I followed your logic. I’m more concerned about animals in my whip (and certain unsavory, unkempt human beings).

17. upyouruber

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 9:24 AM
  18. 2Cents

2Cents Well-Known Member

I could technically let them do it, but when it's a fübr X customer that's pretty much a tell tale sign there will be no tip involved, there fore why risk it?

Rakos likes this.
  19. upyouruber

Absolutely!

20. u-Boat

u-Boat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    No not a traditional stretch. Cadillac XTS. 100% exempt from open container law. Limos, cabs, commercial shuttles, and buses. Also, RV’s are exempt. I actually encourage people to bring a roadie with them. Rolling around in a nice rig with a buzz and drink in hand is a great experience for riders. Most don’t want to get out. More often than not they tip accordingly. At least in my experience they do. I can understand why you wouldn’t allow it though, just would never work where I am.

Rakos likes this.