Just wrote to cbsb to tell baker to update the mass.gov for self employed insurance so we can apply?

Berry mian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any luck yet with unemployment for drivers in Mass?
. No luck but I had to write to unemployment office about self employed!!! And this is the email I received!!!!!

Keep this number ready. When we call you to complete your claim request we will ask for this number.
Inquiries will be processed in the order they were received. We appreciate your patience during this difficult time.
You will need to have the below information available when we reach out to process your claim:

• Your confirmation number in this email
  • Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
  • Birthdate
  • Home address
  • Telephone number
  • Email address
  • If you have filed a UI claim in MA in the last 12 months
  • Names and addresses of all employers you have worked for during the past 15 months
    • Including the dates you worked for each employer
  • Why you are no longer working
  • Last day of employment
  • Names, dates of birth, SSN of any dependent children
  • Bank account number

Berry mian

No luck keep driving
I wonโ€™t suggest driving !!! Because man life comes first !!!!! Your gonna put 10 hours and gonna end up making $80 and all the stress !!!! With that your at high chances of getting corona !!!!! I think not with it !

BillyTheKidd

I honestly don't know a single person in my life impressed by this measly one time $1,200 check. The House Bill was a better idea, 4 months of $1,500 to bridge Americans until July.
I know many who are impressed by the check. There are many govt workers who have lost nothing - no pay, no benefits and they are getting the 1200 regardless. They are laughing at everyone who is not paid by the federal, state or city.
Post automatically merged:

Keep in mind the states didn't get the funding to cover their own loss of revenue from local taxes. The states are going to be scrambling to cover cost of updating their systems and personnel to cover deluge of self-employed applications.

I really hope I am wrong and Mass has new websute changes next week for us to file UI.
The UI issue is not effecting me but I hope they get the state website updated asap. However, it is not as easy at it sounds. I really hope I am wrong because most of the people who are unemployed need the financial help quickly.

An update to the site years ago was a complete disaster and was done by one of the top consulting companies in the world. (shockingly it was years late and over budget)

Last edited:

Wattaman

Accepting vs. excepting, accept vs.
except -- seems to be a somewhat common mistake on message boards, perhaps even amongst some American-born. Some or most likely know the difference and are simply typing too fast, whereas others don't know or care.

I didn't want to point out that mistake, as I can only "boast" of knowing one language, despite decades of opportunity to better myself. So until I'm bi-lingual or better, perhaps it's best not to attack others on language miscues -- though I'll admit I'm tempted at times. :thumbup:

Admittedly, sometimes I'm too critical of someone's grammar faux pas, folks often certainly more intelligent and successful than I am.
Your a good humble man!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

scamp

I know many who are impressed by the check. There are many govt workers who have lost nothing - no pay, no benefits and they are getting the 1200 regardless. They are laughing at everyone who is not paid by the federal, state or city.
Post automatically merged:

The UI issue is not effecting me but I hope they get the state website updated asap. However, it is not as easy at it sounds. I really hope I am wrong because most of the people who are unemployed need the financial help quickly.

An update to the site years ago was a complete disaster and was done by one of the top consulting companies in the world. (shockingly it was years late and over budget)
The state and city workers I know can't work from home and been struggling to pay for child care. A lot of single parents rely on school and after school programs for free or low cost child care.

I do agree there's reason to doubt the new UI will be paid out any time soon.

misscrystal

Does anyone know how they will calculate how much Uber drivers get in unemployment? Since all Uber drivers make different amounts and drive different hours?

All drivers are different so this is confusing to me.

Shmo313

Does anyone know how they will calculate how much Uber drivers get in unemployment? Since all Uber drivers make different amounts and drive different hours?

All drivers are different so this is confusing to me.
This is just speculation because they haven't exactly said yet, but most likely you will report your adjusted gross income from your previous tax return. Then they will divide that by 52 to get your weekly pay and you will most likely get half of that plus the 600 in federal money. If you have dependents is might be slightly different. I also read somewhere that 1099 workers would get half the state average plus 600. But I dont know why we would have to report adjusted gross income if that was the case.

misscrystal

I am wondering about the 600 too. I have been reading a lot articles. I will have to double check, but I thought I read the 600 is available to people who became unemployed by a certain date. Who knows though, this is all so confusing.

Shmo313

I am wondering about the 600 too. I have been reading a lot articles. I will have to double check, but I thought I read the 600 is available to people who became unemployed by a certain date. Who knows though, this is all so confusing.
You will get the 600, everyone will get the 600. It's the amount mass decided to give for the unemployment amount that is unknown right now.

Newbedforduberft

Seeing Iโ€™ve been waiting for days for a callback from UI I would like any perspective of someone in a similar situation. Quit a FT job last June after doing that an Uber part time. Hated the FT job and it paid lousy after taxes and equally lousy health ins. Anyway, can I apply using the FT job and Uber or should I wait until itโ€™s set up for rideshare seeing I didnโ€™t work the FT job at all in 2020?

Berry mian

This is just speculation because they haven't exactly said yet, but most likely you will report your adjusted gross income from your previous tax return. Then they will divide that by 52 to get your weekly pay and you will most likely get half of that plus the 600 in federal money. If you have dependents is might be slightly different. I also read somewhere that 1099 workers would get half the state average plus 600. But I dont know why we would have to report adjusted gross income if that was the case.
I think your are right bro !!! What i am reading and finding out so far is that they will ask for your latest tax return and if you have 1099 work and no w2 work that would make your process easy and fast !!
From most recent tax return they will devide your adjusted gross income in to 4 Quarts to determine the weekly pay !!! And in my case since Iโ€™m only Uber and Lyft driver with no w2 job .... the adjusted gross income as you know is way less !! Itโ€™s like if you made $50000 For the year $17000 was taking by Uber as commissions and rider feee and etc ..

Now your left with $33000 and after deduction and expense most of the people adjusted Gross is gonna be around $20000 to $23000

Which means $20000/ 4 quarters = to $5000

$5000/ by 12 weeks which is 3 months= $416 weekly

End of the story

people with $20000 adjusted gross income
Would only gonna get payed $208 per week plus $600
... totaling it to $808 a week not bad tho !! But I heard that state might give you 30% instead of 50% since there are so many people filing for the unemployment!!!!!!!!!! Crazy times ... I rather work and bring home $1200 a week !!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Last edited:

IMMA DRIVER

I think your are right bro !!! What i am reading and finding out so far is that they will ask for your latest tax return and if you have 1099 work and no w2 work that would make your process easy and fast !!
From most recent tax return they will devide your adjusted gross income in to 4 Quarts to determine the weekly pay !!! And in my case since Iโ€™m only Uber and Lyft driver with no w2 job .... the adjusted gross income as you know is way less !! Itโ€™s like if you made $50000 For the year $17000 was taking by Uber as commissions and rider feee and etc ..

Now your left with $33000 and after deduction and expense most of the people adjusted Gross is gonna be around $20000 to $23000

Which means $20000/ 4 quarters = to $5000

$5000/ by 12 weeks which is 3 months= $416 weekly

End of the story

people with $20000 adjusted gross income
Would only gonna get payed $208 per week plus $600
... totaling it to $708 a week not bad tho !! But I heard that state might give you 30% instead of 50% since there are so many people filing for the unemployment!!!!!!!!!! Crazy times ... I rather work and bring home $1200 a week !!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ
$208+$600=$808 not $708.

Goodellsux

Seeing Iโ€™ve been waiting for days for a callback from UI I would like any perspective of someone in a similar situation. Quit a FT job last June after doing that an Uber part time. Hated the FT job and it paid lousy after taxes and equally lousy health ins. Anyway, can I apply using the FT job and Uber or should I wait until itโ€™s set up for rideshare seeing I didnโ€™t work the FT job at all in 2020?
A W2 worker that quits their job is not eligible to collect unemployment insurance. If you were laid off, or possibly fired, those of the only ways to collect unemployment for W-2 employees. It all depends on how your former employer reports it back to the state.
For unemployment insurance for W-2 workers, they go back either two or three quarters, and average out your weekly income to determine the basis for your unemployment insurance. Next, they give you a percentage of that weekly average, and you unemployment benefit tops out around $900 per week.