Just Shoot Me.

PioneerXi

First ping of the day is Lyft and I pull up at the pin...which appears to be about 75 feet from the street address. It’s foggy, I’ll leave the hazards on so they can see me. Check the destination...it’s two stops, out to a pharmacy and back to the pick up point for what looks like minimum fare.

Hazards off. Engine off. At 4m 45 seconds passenger cancels...and Lyft is not going to pay me the cancellation fee...angry text sent to Lyft.

I pick up a ride El Cajon -Sorrento Mesa and feeling better. Lyft agree to pay me (f ****** they are) and have my next request lined up...Sorrento Mesa - Carlsbad.

...and then it happens. The dashboard lites up, there’s warning sounds and I’m looking to get off the road. I stop and there’s a warning about a deflating tire.

Recall November 21 last year I was on the 5 when I had three blowouts?

Today, two blowouts...both front tires, compliments of Carroll Canyon Road.

And here’s the kicker.

Last year as a result of the blow outs I missed a medical appointment for myself. A $35 no show fee was not as hurtful as the barrage I got from the wife, for missing the appointment she set up for me.

So I got the medical rescheduled, and the date of the rescheduled medical?

1pm today.

While I’m sitting at Firestone waiting on two puncture repairs after being towed in, I think I’ll be living in my car until my wife’s temper calms down from missing the medical a second time, or until I go back to the rescheduled medical.

#justshootme

Seth619navy

I thought this thread was about the late 90s comedy show starring David Spade.

I get nails, glass and screws in my tires all the damn time. It sucks so bad. I always feel like my tires are magnets for those things with how often I get them.

PioneerXi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Update (for those of you who ordered firearms to shoot me)

Turns out, I had three (3) Phillips head sheet metal screws in my tires. Front right, front left and rear left.

I must have picked them up on 805 North taking the Carol Canyon HOV lane exit. Thats the only location I drove where the road debris is on the drivers side.

And the good news:

Total cost $0. I bought the road hazard warranty on the same three tires when I replaced them in November. My losses are limited to the downtime.

simtek130

First ping of the day is Lyft and I pull up at the pin...which appears to be about 75 feet from the street address. It’s foggy, I’ll leave the hazards on so they can see me. Check the destination...it’s two stops, out to a pharmacy and back to the pick up point for what looks like minimum fare.

Hazards off. Engine off. At 4m 45 seconds passenger cancels...and Lyft is not going to pay me the cancellation fee...angry text sent to Lyft.

I pick up a ride El Cajon -Sorrento Mesa and feeling better. Lyft agree to pay me (f ****** they are) and have my next request lined up...Sorrento Mesa - Carlsbad.

...and then it happens. The dashboard lites up, there’s warning sounds and I’m looking to get off the road. I stop and there’s a warning about a deflating tire.

And here’s the kicker.

Last year as a result of the blow outs I missed a medical appointment for myself. A $35 no show fee was not as hurtful as the barrage I got from the wife, for missing the appointment she set up for me.

1pm today.

While I’m sitting at Firestone waiting on two puncture repairs after being towed in, I think I’ll be living in my car until my wife’s temper calms down from missing the medical a second time, or until I go back to the rescheduled medical.

#justshootme
Go to Auto Zone get fix-a-flat, a repair kit and air compressor keep it instead of a spare tire. I cant count how many flats I have had that I was able to patch it, get air in it and if need be hit it with fix a flat and keep going.

Transportador

And here’s the kicker.

1pm today.

#justshootme
Why you don't carry 4 spares? LOL

Buck-a-mile

Update (for those of you who ordered firearms to shoot me)

Turns out, I had three (3) Phillips head sheet metal screws in my tires. Front right, front left and rear left.

I must have picked them up on 805 North taking the Carol Canyon HOV lane exit. Thats the only location I drove where the road debris is on the drivers side.

And the good news:

Total cost $0. I bought the road hazard warranty on the same three tires when I replaced them in November. My losses are limited to the downtime.
Freaking building sites are bad.
Workers drop screws, nails, all sorts of nastiness.