1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Just say no to drive thrus your pax is laughing at you

Discussion in 'Advice' started by TXqwi3812, Nov 30, 2018.

1. TXqwi3812

TXqwi3812

Tweet that has now been deleted

Love making the Uber driver go through the Taco Bell drive through

Don't give in ants.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Cary Grant and Danny3xd like this.
  2. Travisbickle89

Travisbickle89

Driving:
    UberX
    They always say “are you hungry? Want something?” After reading this, I think I’m gonna take advantage of that from now on even if I’m not hungry.

Ms.Doe likes this.
  3. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    ...or you could just take ownership of your vehicle and Not Do Drive Thrus.

Everytime I get the drive thru request, I tell them No because stops are to be limited to 3 minutes or less....a drive thru is never 3 minutes or less. Personally, I dont care if they offer me cash....ill bounce them out on the curb the first moment they try to threaten me or my rating...then point to my dashcam.

Usually shuts them up. Dont be an Ant.

4. thepeach

thepeach

I did it once. But the two guys were a lot of fun actually. They were telling stories and jokes. They did buy me some hot coffee. Plus the drive through went real quick. They also tipped me in the app.

Travisbickle89 likes this.
  5. NoDay

NoDay

Driving:
    UberXL
    Accept drive thru at surge pricing only.
    Last tornado warning I drove through got a lyft plus at 6x, at 6x I'd be glad to wait through a busy drive thru while I rack up that money. And, yes, I will accept food you buy cause I know you ain't tipping once you see the total ride was $236.

New2This and Travisbickle89 like this.
  6. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis

I have no problem with drive thru requests at all. If they want to pay me to sit there and wait on them so be it for me sitting at a drive thru is no different than sitting in traffic either way I am not moving and getting paid by the minute. I do make it clear to them though that they can not eat or drink in my vehicle.

Travisbickle89 likes this.
  7. Nonya busy

Nonya busy

Agreed unless they're offering a really ridiculous amount to stop like $50 or $100 then maybe.

Good samiritan What about when they spill the soda and food in the back?

8. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis

I take pictures and submit a request for a cleaning fee. If I get it great if not no big deal I have rubber mats and seat protectors it is not life ending if they actually did make a mess though I would rather them not.

9. Z129

Z129 Moderator

Here is Uber's official policy on stops:

Request a ride with multiple stops

You can request that your driver make multiple stops when requesting a ride. Here's how:

1. Open the Uber app and tap the "Where To?" box
    2. Tap "+ Add multiple stops" to add up to 2 additional stops
    3. Tap "DONE" to continue

Stops will be made in the order they're added. To remove a stop, tap the "X" next to it.

Remember to keep each stop under 3 minutes. If you're splitting your fare, it will be split for the entire ride, not split by the cost to each stop.

NOTE: This feature is not available on UberPOOL rides.

There it is in black & white. Stops are to be under 3 minutes long. You cannot go through a drive-thru in 3 minutes.

TXqwi3812 and Nonya busy like this.
  10. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't drive the drunks anymore so the drive-thru really isn't an issue for me. One time a drunk group tipped me $40 for going through Taco Bell. But usually now I get somebody during the day who's on the way t0/from work and they want to grab a quick sandwich. I don't mind.

11. ANT 7

ANT 7

Driving:
    UberX
    I've had 4 drive thru requests in 3,000 rides. All were for Starbucks, and included a free coffee for me. I'm OK with that, especially at 5 AM.