Just saw 2 Uber commercials

Shine'ola

I would assume (because that's all I have ever seen) that the commercials are for drivers, not riders ? Uber has a problem retaining drivers, it's clear as water that the whole thing is a scam on drivers. Never in our lives will you see a company advertise for employees ONLY and not advertise the product/service. In what world does a company advertise for something other than more business?

UberIsAScam

I would assume (because that's all I have ever seen) that the commercials are for drivers, not riders ? Uber has a problem retaining drivers, it's clear as water that the whole thing is a scam on drivers. Never in our lives will you see a company advertise for employees ONLY and not advertise the product/service. In what world does a company advertise for something other than more business?
You nailed it. If it was such a good gig and people were making money, why would you have to constantly advertise to get drivers?

SlurredReaction

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup! The commercials are for drivers. Lol. They are pretty funny too. Showing people with important jobs becoming Uber Partners.

Jav

I keep saying this over and over...the drivers are the clients to uber. These people( uber) are sincerely @@@@@@ed. They are bleeding capital left and right creating a business that only works in a down economy and more imbeciles keep sending them money.

Had they simply went out to crush the Taxi market with better service for less money, they would be on the market by now and raking in the billions with a brand name known for quality of service and expedience...but no, their greed simply could not be satiated so the bait and switch campaign had to be implemented. Soon misery and the total dilution of a stellar brand the likes no other company has ever squandered in the history of business ventures took place.

Now they are so deep in denial and bitterness to the very people that helped create their fortunes that God only knows what @@@@@@baggery will be foisted upon the veteran drivers that are still hanging on hoping the "temporary" price reductions, that have lasted several years, will go back to normal. If the economy ever roars back( which I have my doubts considering how wonderful people seem to think Government confiscating more and more from the free market seems to be working out) this company will either be toast or forced to charge more to retain people who will find it financially viable.

Autonomous cars are a pipe dream 10-20 years away and by then not only will ubers brand be tarnished beyond repair but, who will give a rats ass about getting an uber if their cars will drive them to where ever...

But what do I know...

Mars Troll Number 4

I keep saying this over and over...the drivers are the clients to uber. These people( uber) are sincerely ******ed. They are bleeding capital left and right creating a business that only works in a down economy and more imbeciles keep sending them money.

Had they simply went out to crush the Taxi market with better service for less money, they would be on the market by now and raking in the billions with a brand name known for quality of service and expedience...but no, their greed simply could not be satiated so the bait and switch campaign had to be implemented. Soon misery and the total dilution of a stellar brand the likes no other company has ever squandered in the history of business ventures took place.

Now they are so deep in denial and bitterness to the very people that helped create their fortunes that God only knows what ******baggery will be foisted upon the veteran drivers that are still hanging on hoping the "temporary" price reductions, that have lasted several years, will go back to normal. If the economy ever roars back( which I have my doubts considering how wonderful people seem to think Government confiscating more and more from the free market seems to be working out) this company will either be toast or forced to charge more to retain people who will find it financially viable.

Autonomous cars are a pipe dream 10-20 years away and by then not only will ubers brand be tarnished beyond repair but, who will give a rats ass about getting an uber if their cars will drive them to where ever...

But what do I know...
Are we Beaming thoughts into each other's heads?

The Troll approves this message.

Demon

One of the most insightful things anyone has ever said about Uber.

Shine'ola

the old adds I saw was a guy with his kids in his backyard , then he was driving and smiling happy riders, then he looked at his earnings on his app and he was back in the yard with his kids wearing the same clothes and it showed $650, so like magic in a couple trips/hours he made $650, what a crock of BS, NEWS FLASH the cash is running low .... no more Craigslist driver ads in the transport section

backstreets-trans

But what do I know...
Sounds like you know exactly what frick is going on.

They just hit 2 billion rides with 1 billion in the last 6 months. How the hell they are still bleeding capital is anyone's guess. They either gave away half of those rides or the legal fees and accidents are just killing them. My only fear is that they'll succeed and every business in America will follow their game plan. If this happens there will never be a decent job left in this country.

This business will never be good for the driver ever again. If the rates are raised every driver will be back on the road so you're still screwed.

REDcarpete

Uber needs a constant supply of operators for at least these 2 reasons:

1) Ubiquity - If their goal of replacing the private car is to be achieved, they need to have 3-4 minute responses in all of their service areas all the time. That means hiring operators is an ongoing process due to both turnover and peak need. As long as there are surges, they will keep on-boarding.

2) Price Elasticity - They need to achieve pricing equilibrium. When I turn on the app and see a full screen of X operators, it means the price is still too high. When it becomes more expensive to advertise for and on-board operators, the rates will stop falling.

OC Lady Uber Driver

They just hit 2 billion rides with 1 billion in the last 6 months. How the hell they are still bleeding capital is anyone's guess.
Tech costs money. Big, big money. I wonder what the ratio of tech workers and servers is to drivers and riders. It's gotta be a daily struggle when mid-day, your app tells you there is no network connection in the middle of a pick-up or dropping off.