Just requested UberEats

Null

Uber sent me a $20 off first order coupon and while I feel guilty making someone drive to me at 1.50/mi with extreme time overhead, since my meal is free I'll be tipping full value to the driver. In effect giving Uber's money to the driver and supporting a local business.

Going to chat up the driver for a bit and see what the scoop is.

Though, I just checked out the stores hours. I requested at 8:30 and the place didn't confirm until about 8:45. It's been 'preparing' ever since. They close at 9:30 (now).

Something tells me this isn't going to work.... ruh-roh.

UberReallySucks

Uber sent me a $20 off first order coupon and while I feel guilty making someone drive to me at 1.50/mi with extreme time overhead, since my meal is free I'll be tipping full value to the driver. In effect giving Uber's money to the driver and supporting a local business.

Going to chat up the driver for a bit and see what the scoop is.

Though, I just checked out the stores hours. I requested at 8:30 and the place didn't confirm until about 8:45. It's been 'preparing' ever since. They close at 9:30 (now).

Something tells me this isn't going to work.... ruh-roh.
You'll get your order tomorrow then :smiles:

Null

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You'll get your order tomorrow then :smiles:
Hahahhaa, I'm not sure sushi (I like to live dangerously) stays that long. I live outside of the eats zone so I'm just chillaxin next to some random house while taking a break.

Lol... still 'preparing' my guess is no one is taking this ping.

UberReallySucks

Hahahhaa, I'm not sure sushi (I like to live dangerously) stays that long. I live outside of the eats zone so I'm just chillaxin next to some random house while taking a break.

Lol... still 'preparing' my guess is no one is taking this ping.
This is interesting. Keep us posted!

Null

Ended up not getting an update and just figured it wasn't happening so started taking requests.

Naturally, I pick up my first pax and that's when the notice came in.

Ended up calling him and telling him to keep it. Offered the $20 tip if he wanted to have dinner with me but he had a batch request. So, he got paid and got dinner. Uber's out $20.

KevinFromUberSD

Hey Null,
I know this is a little bit late but just stumbled across this on the internet. Hahah, I'm almost 100% sure I was your delivery driver that night! I could be wrong but you ordered Ototo sushi and tried to have it delivered to the Pacific Beach area ? :biggrin:
I'm sorry I couldn't make it to dinner with you, had to deliver another order about 2 miles away. But that explains why you didn't have me just leave the food at house, thanks for dinner that night man!
Hopefully I'm not wrong here but good luck out there regardless.
Best

Null

Hey Null,
I know this is a little bit late but just stumbled across this on the internet. Hahah, I'm almost 100% sure I was your delivery driver that night! I could be wrong but you ordered Ototo sushi and tried to have it delivered to the Pacific Beach area ? :biggrin:
I'm sorry I couldn't make it to dinner with you, had to deliver another order about 2 miles away. But that explains why you didn't have me just leave the food at house, thanks for dinner that night man!
Hopefully I'm not wrong here but good luck out there regardless.
Best
Hahahahhaha!

Yes you were! Good to see (read?) From you. What are the odds.

2Peaks

Channel 10 did a fluff piece n Uber Eats this morning.

No Tipping was my takeaway.

That, and people are willing to pay an additional 33% just to have lunch delivered. But not willing to tip.

A fool and his money are soon parted.