Just registered as a partner, can I drive in Toronto without Safety Standards Certificate?

Qasim Malik

Hello everyone, I just registered with Uber a few days ago and today was my first day driving as a partner. I wanted to ask the community the following question:am I able to drive in Toronto if I haven't gotten my Safety Standards Certificate yet? (car year is 2009 - don't know if that matters)

My first day driving was a total disaster, my stats: 2 rides in 4 hrs, totaling for $13.

Both of these rides came in Mississauga city where I live, but I had no rides in Toronto where I spent majority of time. I was truly disappointed that I got no rides in Toronto and so it led me to wonder if it's because I haven't gotten my SSC yet? maybe the laws are more strict in Toronto city as compared to Mississauga?

Please let me know, any help is appreciated!

Manhoos

Hello everyone, I just registered with Uber a few days ago and today was my first day driving as a partner. I wanted to ask the community the following question:am I able to drive in Toronto if I haven't gotten my Safety Standards Certificate yet? (car year is 2009 - don't know if that matters)

My first day driving was a total disaster, my stats: 2 rides in 4 hrs, totaling for $13.

Both of these rides came in Mississauga city where I live, but I had no rides in Toronto where I spent majority of time. I was truly disappointed that I got no rides in Toronto and so it led me to wonder if it's because I haven't gotten my SSC yet? maybe the laws are more strict in Toronto city as compared to Mississauga?

Please let me know, any help is appreciated!
2009 vehicle is good for Toronto but you have to have safety certificate. They might not activated you for Toronto yet.
Uber support is the best resource to address your concern; just email them..

Unfortunately, You jumped in a tough time, especially for burbs.. just keep your patience, you will learn when and where to work pretty soon..

hk1990

Yes you will be able to get activated without safety certificate. You can drive without it for upto 30days as its not required for activation.