1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured Just received this email from Uber this morning......

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by UberTaxPro, May 19, 2017 at 5:01 AM.

1. mattadams

mattadams Well-Known Member

So... do you want to be more regulated, or do you want to be treated like an employee? If regulated, meaning the government steps in and says who can and can't be a driver, having maximums, etc. that means much less drivers on the road but it also means increased taxes and fees for whatever you're doing, probably special certification, etc. If you look at Uber's in NYC, they are already going through this as their cars are about as regulated as the cab industry there. For exactly the same reason - too many cars were on the road, causing too much traffic and not being a benefit to anyone.
    If treated like an employee, where uber says they are only going to hire x number of people and no more, and you'll have to wait for one to leave to hire another, etc. that means working the shifts they tell you, at the places they tell you, not having the ability to decline rides, etc. This is what many taxi drivers deal with and me personally, I have no interest in that. It's why I uber and why I don't drive a cab.

UberTaxPro likes this.
  2. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Quit making excuses for Tyranical Uber.
    Are they paying you ?
    Face the Reality that WEare already treated as employees.

THAT DOG DONT HUNT !

3. mattadams

mattadams Well-Known Member

Umm they pay me when I drive for them?
    But just to be clear, you are the one who recommended regulation, similar to the taxi industry... apparently unaware of what that means.

UberTaxPro likes this.
  4. tohunt4me

It means not stepping into a total snake pit everytime i hit the street.
    App. On or off.

UberTaxPro and Maudee like this.
  5. Buckiemohawk

Buckiemohawk Well-Known Member

They need regulations and this is just another example of their baloney. You have regulated min fare of 1.50 in Orlando. plus 35 cents a minute wait time. You cannot charge a customer one price and pay the other driver while pocketing the money. That is rotten and should be illegal

6. tohunt4me

We MUST HAVE REPRESENTATION.

ENOUGH HAVING CONTRACTS THROWN AT US LAST MINUTE WITH NO WARNING OR INPUT !

We are DICTATED TO !
    NOT INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS !

We need a UNION !

7. Jermin8r89

Jermin8r89 Well-Known Member

We must stop major corprations from centralizeing everything. Esspecally well SDVs are around the corner.

UberTaxPro and tohunt4me like this.
  8. Anthony McPeake

Anthony McPeake New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Come Monday, I wont be accepting this. I suggest you all do the same. Between the short notice, the ambiguity and typical Uber BS, this smells like BS. Futhermore I suspect that it will be retracted and discussed publically. And what does this mean for surge. If fairs are not connected to driver payment, then they could surge and not pay us any more. I know some of you depend on Uber for lively hood. Go to Lyft. The best thing WE can all do is to not log in and accept this come Monday. I was really counting on making some extra money the next few months, but I am not going to give my rights away. I will be finally getting signed up with Lyft. Uber has proven time and time again that they are not here to support their partners. I will be talking to my attorney (Yes I have one and if you would like to learn how you can get access to one for next to nothing PM me).

Don't give up your rights, this is an important moment in our relationship with Uber to send a message and exercise what little power we have!

UberTaxPro and tohunt4me like this.
  9. Bean

Bean Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Monday should be interesting indeed. Hopefully the media picks up on this BS. I'd feel like a fool signing the agreement as it is currently written.

UberTaxPro and MusicMan71 like this.
  10. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber is trying to formalize what wasn't clearly defined before - from a legal standpoint.
    They're just trying to not get sued, that's all.
    But honestly, it could be surging 8x, they could tell you it's not and pocket ALL of the difference.
    This is where I have a problem w/ how things are and giving them that much leeway.

11. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

Yes, the up front pricing skims are effectively a surge for Uber on which they pay base rates to drivers.

Someone else said that this a precursor to another rate drop. I don't think so; I think rates have generally bottomed out. From hereon in they will continue to pay dynamically - low/base pay when demand is low and raise it to attract drivers when needed via surge and boost. Incidentally, surge has now completely disappeared from the riders' point of view. It will be interesting to see if they keep it for drivers. I think that they will replace it with a more focused version of boost.

UberTaxPro likes this.
  12. BobCat Ridge

BobCat Ridge Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Revolution, it's not just for the French. Everyone get a new gig Monday or you are the problem by accepting this.

UberTaxPro likes this.
  13. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Clearly... based on this...

Driver surge could disappear, while rider surge could vastly increase, and nothing for the drivers.

So... overall i'm looking forward to this...

110% monthly driver turnover or bust! (this would result to a 10% loss in drivers per month.)

Way to combat driver retention Travis, way to go.

jonnyplastic likes this.
  14. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    "I still earn a decent rate."

There's the rub...

TBone likes this.
  15. Buckpasser

Buckpasser Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Go public you PUBER ****s so we can SHORT your TAXI Company thats all it is nothing more with a Bunch of EMPLOYEES posing as Self employed independent contractors , we should be able to set our own fares if self employed YOU LOSE EVENTUALLY UBER go public now please !

UberTaxPro likes this.
  16. Georgie Jung

Georgie Jung New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is NOT the _contract_ I signed a year ago. You cannot void a binding agreement without cause to instate a new agreement for your gain Uber.

Keep in mind. If you sign a contact, it is binding. You are bound by the contract of that date and cannot be obligated to sign a new contract without cause. Another words I will be seeking legal advice.

Dback2004 and UberTaxPro like this.
  17. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Yes they can,

Your 2 choices are to accept the new contract, or uninstall the driver app.

18. Georgie Jung

Georgie Jung New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Not my two choices. Remember, I still have a binding agreement under the first contract.
    I SIGNED AN AGREEMENT... Just because you have a NEW agreement does not void the FIRST agreement. Uber cannot terminate without cause and does not reserve rights to force a new agreement on the drivers bound by a previous contract. Bottom line.

OBEY do as you're TOLD not as you think. Sign new contract or delete the app. WEAK. How about use your brain and contact https://drivershaverights.com.cutestat.com/ talk to an attorney. Understand that you CANNOT VOID A CONTRACT AND FORCE TO SIGN A NEW ONE WITHOUT NOTICE. THANKS... ps use your head.

UberTaxPro likes this.
  19. Tired of this

Tired of this Member

I had a suspicion that Uber was Surge stealing on stacked pings, but I am not certain. Now with this new agreement, they legally can do this.

I would sometimes accept a ride at 1.8, get a stacked ping at 1.2. Now while waiting for that passenger, I check the passenger app and realize there the map is showing a 3.2 surge from the same area as my stacked ping. It is possible that the surge has gone up since my acceptance, but it happens too often that I suspect Uber is pocketing even more by sending stacked pings out to the lowest bidder while charging pax the higher rate. Has anyone else suspected this was going on?

Gordiano and UberTaxPro like this.
  20. Georgie Jung

Georgie Jung New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Taxis get paid more. Union. Sure. Jimmy Hoffa. Thanks

UberTaxPro likes this.