Just need to vent.... worst Uber weekend for me since I started

RedSteel

Now first off I have never been one to rip on PAX nor have I been jaded about them... generally I really enjoy the people I meet. One of the reasons I do Rideshare is for the interaction as my day job I work on machines.

This weekend though.... not good

Friday I take an XL trip into a town outside of the normal city I work in (Scranton Pa) because it was a dead time in between the usual busy periods. I don't usually ever go into this town but I drive to the Pin. When the PAX doesn't show I call and in time we finally connect and I only over shot the place she wanted to meet by about 25 yards. She asks if I knew Peckville and kind of chided me about not knowing this alley well. Regardless.....i am driving her home and she asks if i can stop in Dollar General for her quick.... I do because I try to be nice to people and again it's a dead time. Well this lady does a while freaking ORDER.....takes like 20 minutes!! I am pretty pissed at this point....she puts all her bags in the car and I THOUGHT she got in......no she closes the door and then proceeds to go into the LIQUOR STORE next to us too buy freaking booze. I am LIVID at this point.....i say nothing to her the rest of the way....drop her at home and 1 star her. Today I get the FIRST notification I ever had of being reported....Navigation.....she actually reported me to Uber that my pick up Navigation needs work......I picked her up ON HER ALLEY LIKE SHE REQUESTED AND IF SHE HAD BEEN OUTSIDE SHE WOULD OF HAVE SEEN ME PULL UP.

NOW to today......around 7pm I pick up this very attractive young lady and take her about 10 miles to her boyfriend house.... the next fare hands me a set of keys that were left in the back seat. I figure they must have been the other lady's and I contact Uber to let them know. I go about my evening, but I am tired and I Bang Out around 11pm go home and go to sleep. My phone wakes me up at 2:15am and it's the woman....she is distraught because she can't get into her house without her keys and can she please please meet me somewhere. I am coming out of a deep sleep and shaking the cobwebs out but I want to help her....i agree to meet her at a Walmart in between us but much closer to her (I always try to live life that you help people if you can) so I get my ass up...get dressed and drive 35 miles to meet her. Now keep in mind on this keychain is a car key for a Mercedes and she meets me driving her boyfriends 7 Series BMW.

She hands me 10 dollars for my trouble

10 dollars

She asked someone she doesn't know at 2:15am to save her from her own mistake....asks that person to get out of bed and drive to meet her... I had told her where I lived and she KNEW it was far away and to her that was worth 10 dollars??????

Yes I immediately submitted the return item report so at least she gets hit for another 15

This is the kind of weekend that makes drivers become jaded

I know this was TL_DR territory but I needed to get this off my chest...... very frustrated

miggon123

You'll feel better in the morning man. Don't stress or let these people get to you. Use them as learning experiences.

When i first started driving Had a girl who left her keys in my car. Was close by so i told her to meet me in her apartment entrance in 5 minutes. She kept me waiting for 30 minutes. Never again.

Another girl asked me to wait for her 30 minutes and she would tip me 20 bucks for a ride back home. She never came out the store. Tried to find her but i believe her get in some crappy car. Almost and hour of my time wasted.

RedSteel

Keys? What keys?

Also *would have. Sorry but that bothers me.

For real though the first chick I would have left at the store. You know you can do that right?

Yes I do and if she hadn't have left personal bags in my car when she went into the dollar general originally...... I would have

Jufkii

At least you got $25 total for the keys. All I got was a "Thanks Dude" in return and an offer to buy me a "Pepsi or something" next time. No next time. He got 1 starred. Keys found since then have mysteriously ended up in the trash as well.

wst1459

Now first off I have never been one to rip on PAX nor have I been jaded about them... generally I really enjoy the people I meet. One of the reasons I do Rideshare is for the interaction as my day job I work on machines.

This weekend though.... not good

Friday I take an XL trip into a town outside of the normal city I work in (Scranton Pa) because it was a dead time in between the usual busy periods. I don't usually ever go into this town but I drive to the Pin. When the PAX doesn't show I call and in time we finally connect and I only over shot the place she wanted to meet by about 25 yards. She asks if I knew Peckville and kind of chided me about not knowing this alley well. Regardless.....i am driving her home and she asks if i can stop in Dollar General for her quick.... I do because I try to be nice to people and again it's a dead time. Well this lady does a while freaking ORDER.....takes like 20 minutes!! I am pretty pissed at this point....she puts all her bags in the car and I THOUGHT she got in......no she closes the door and then proceeds to go into the LIQUOR STORE next to us too buy freaking booze. I am LIVID at this point.....i say nothing to her the rest of the way....drop her at home and 1 star her. Today I get the FIRST notification I ever had of being reported....Navigation.....she actually reported me to Uber that my pick up Navigation needs work......I picked her up ON HER ALLEY LIKE SHE REQUESTED AND IF SHE HAD BEEN OUTSIDE SHE WOULD OF HAVE SEEN ME PULL UP.

NOW to today......around 7pm I pick up this very attractive young lady and take her about 10 miles to her boyfriend house.... the next fare hands me a set of keys that were left in the back seat. I figure they must have been the other lady's and I contact Uber to let them know. I go about my evening, but I am tired and I Bang Out around 11pm go home and go to sleep. My phone wakes me up at 2:15am and it's the woman....she is distraught because she can't get into her house without her keys and can she please please meet me somewhere. I am coming out of a deep sleep and shaking the cobwebs out but I want to help her....i agree to meet her at a Walmart in between us but much closer to her (I always try to live life that you help people if you can) so I get my ass up...get dressed and drive 35 miles to meet her. Now keep in mind on this keychain is a car key for a Mercedes and she meets me driving her boyfriends 7 Series BMW.

She hands me 10 dollars for my trouble

10 dollars

She asked someone she doesn't know at 2:15am to save her from her own mistake....asks that person to get out of bed and drive to meet her... I had told her where I lived and she KNEW it was far away and to her that was worth 10 dollars??????

Yes I immediately submitted the return item report so at least she gets hit for another 15

This is the kind of weekend that makes drivers become jaded

I know this was TL_DR territory but I needed to get this off my chest...... very frustrated
I am 2 hours north of you in Ithaca. I can relate. You will learn quickly to be more assertive with them. It could be worse and these things will continue to happen. Last night I was very polite telling a group I couldn't take more than 4. They wouldn't take no for answer and assaulted me verbally and physically threatened me. It was escalating fast. I took off and filed a police report. I've gotten high while driving when college frats vaped pot in my car and hotboxed it - I didn't know they were vaping - smelled minty and thought was gum. I've had them smoosh gum on my seat and frats brag about "raping" girls. The point is you'll learn which rides to avoid and when to say no. There are locations I won't pick up because I don't want to be assaulted. AND REPORT THEM! I wouldn't have answered the phone and mailed her the keys.

RedSteel

I have been driving for awhile now actually

I try to be nice... but this kind of thing is why drivers become jaded after awhile

I got the 15 bucks extra this morning from uber.... she must have seen it.

My rating went down....i think she 1 starred me

DamseLinDistresS

My phone wakes me up at 2:15am and it's the woman....she is distraught because she can't get into her house without her keys and can she please please meet me somewhere. I am coming out of a deep sleep and shaking the cobwebs out but I want to help her....i agree to meet her
An earthquake doesn't even wakes me up at 2am in the morning. You think I'd ever wake up for something as petty as someone leaving their keys in my car when I'm asleep? You must have lost your freaking mind! But that's just me:biggrin: And now you know not to do something like that ever again :rolleyes:

Agent Sleep

I once picked up a pax that forgot his hotel key and money clip in the backseat one night. Calls me at 1:45am when it's surging so I let it go to voicemail. I know it's him because it the Uber number I used to call him with when I went to pick him up. After I finish working for the night I forget to call him back and head back home. I call him the next morning to meet somewhere and gave him back his stuff. As I give it back to him he says he's gonna give me a 5star review, shakes my hand and walks away. Little did he know I already took $20 from his money clip. I never heard from him again and my rating stayed the same so I assumed he gave me a 5star review.
Do the right thing and always ask for $20 to return their stuff or just take it is what I always say.

mark_mark

don’t ever ever wait! now if they need to drop off bags at the airp
I once picked up a pax that forgot his hotel key and money clip in the backseat one night. Calls me at 1:45am when it's surging so I let it go to voicemail. I know it's him because it the Uber number I used to call him with when I went to pick him up. After I finish working for the night I forget to call him back and head back home. I call him the next morning to meet somewhere and gave him back his stuff. As I give it back to him he says he's gonna give me a 5star review, shakes my hand and walks away.

“what Money Clip? I’ve had a dozen people come in out of my car” lol hope it was a stack of $100’s

Uber Crack

Author
I'm very sorry for your inconvenience.
First story - eh this kind of thing happens every so often. Did you learn from it? Then it counts in your favor. What I learned from this, is further evidence, that hell hath no fury like a Pax who is one star rated.

Second story - eh, you did something very nice, but in future, turn your phone volume off when you walk in the door. Your phone is for YOUR convenience only.

Uber on! :smiles: