• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Just moved to Boston and thinking about joining Uber

jlp18

Hi guys,

About me:
So Im just moved to Boston and I love it. I have worked as a cab driver before and I liked it, I like talking to people and driving around. So I was hopping to start working for Uber here in Boston. What advise do you fellow Bostonian uber drivers have for me?

Situation:
  • My car is too old for Uber
  • I Have all the time in the world and I rarely sleep
  • Hoping to get started as soon as possible
  • I just sent in my application to Uber waiting for background check
Questions:
  • whats the best type of car to buy for uber and where should I look for cars here in Boston, any good dealer ships you would recommend?
  • How do plates and insurance work with Uber?
  • How do taxes work with Uber?
  • What other things should I be aware of working for Uber
Thank you!

Veal66

Hi guys,

About me:
So Im just moved to Boston and I love it. I have worked as a cab driver before and I liked it, I like talking to people and driving around. So I was hopping to start working for Uber here in Boston. What advise do you fellow Bostonian uber drivers have for me?

Situation:
Questions:
  • whats the best type of car to buy for uber and where should I look for cars here in Boston, any good dealer ships you would recommend?
Thank you!
I would start by going back about 9 months on this message board, under Boston, and read all the posts from then to now. That would answer about everything.

driver5494

Hi guys,

About me:

Buy a 2008 to 2012 car. 4 doors. Don't splurge for rims cause you are going to jack em up driving in unfamiliar territory. Don't splurge for leather cause these people don't deserve to sit on leather seats at these rates. Do some research on cars that get 30+ miles per gallon. Find car and buy car. I don't recommend any specific dealerships. They are all out to screw you some just screw you a little less. Just shop and compare on websites like Edmunds and cars.com. If your credit sucks and you are dead set on driving get in on one of Uber's leases. But that's a last resort. Much rather see you in a 6 year old car with a payment of 200 and under.

Last edited by a moderator:

Djc

Get a 2006-2010 Honda/Toyota/Hyuandai/Kia (if around 60-80k or 120-130k miles check maintenance records as norm some major wear and tear items need to be replaced; try to buy a car where brakes/rotors, tires, timing belt/water pump, O2 filter and thermostat/radiator for higher mileage been replaced recently, if dealer has own mechanic shop have them charge the AC for free) check carguru.com or cars.com and look for dealerships around the Shrewsbury/Westborough/Northborogh/Milford areas or NH. Ideally buy the car in the middle of winter/early spring (longest days on lot and most dealers use 90-120 day dealer financing to buy the cars at auction so can negotiate better price).

Bostonken

Hi guys,

About me:

Situation:
Questions:
Thank you!
My advise to you is stay clear of ride sharing crap. Post office hiring. We don't need another clunker taking away our $3 job

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
warsaw San Francisco 7
J Denver 12
New2This Washington DC 10