Just Got Suspended On False Claim

Atom guy

Today I picked up this guy at the Union Station in Hartford. He was pretty sloppy looking and smelled like weed so bad that HE rolled down the windows. He ended up being an ok guy, we had good conversation all the way to Uconn. After the ride I checked the fare, because I wanted to see if Uber had cheated him by charging for the longer way to Uconn or the way I actually drove. They had charged him for the route I drove. I get home a little later for lunch, and I get a message from Uber that I'm suspended based on a passenger complaint of impairment. I check my fares, and see that this guy has had his fare ($30.55) credited back to him. So this SOB just wanted a free ride and now I'm out the rest of the day's earnings.

This is the SECOND false claim of impairment I've gotten against me in the last 18 months. I'm pissed.

Atom guy

Do you have a dash cam to discredit his claim?
Sadly no

However, since Uber tracks our acceleration and braking via the app, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to check that ride and see that I was driving normally. Will they or do they? Of course not.

Last edited:

JaniceCT

College kids are becoming really heartless. I'm actually making more of an effort to make more money during the day so I'm less tempted to go out at night or go near college kids. They are all sharing little tricks to get their money back, even if the driver loses their job. Social media generation is conditioning them selves to be cruel to others with no remorse cause they don't see or feel anything since there is no face to face interaction

Atom guy

College kids are becoming really heartless. I'm actually making more of an effort to make more money during the day so I'm less tempted to go out at night or go near college kids. They are all sharing little tricks to get their money back, even if the driver loses their job. Social media generation is conditioning them selves to be cruel to others with no remorse cause they don't see or feel anything since there is no face to face interaction

Yeah, I picked this POS up at 10am. I'm still locked out over 24 hours later.

JaniceCT

Yeah, I picked this POS up at 10am. I'm still locked out over 24 hours later.
Keep complaining on the app and demand that your complaint be sent up to a higher supervisor . If you've given lots of rides, demand they look closely at your account and they'll see you have no history of this . Also demand they take a closer look at riders account and see if they have file complaints like this before

Atom guy

Keep complaining on the app and demand that your complaint be sent up to a higher supervisor . If you've given lots of rides, demand they look closely at your account and they'll see you have no history of this . Also demand they take a closer look at riders account and see if they have file complaints like this before

They finally reactivated me this morning. So frustrating to message support, and get the same generic messages back - from a different person each time. You'd think that with a claim of impairment that Uber would take it very seriously and reach out to the driver to find out what is going on, maybe force the driver to a Greenlight Hub or something. The truth is that Uber really doesn't care, and just uses the 48 hour suspension as a lazy CYA.

Maven

Hopefully, the temporary deactivation provided motivation to apply for Lyft, other similar services, or non-driver jobs.
They finally reactivated me this morning.
Congrats! :smiles:
The truth is that Uber really doesn't care, and just uses the 48 hour suspension as a lazy CYA.
Wisdom! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Funnyhead88

You can also call their customer support on the app as well. I had a incident where a pax accidentally got me suspended for having broken seat belts when it was the driver that gave her the ride home. Did the email support gave you a reason why the pax thought you were driving with impairment?

Telsa34

They finally reactivated me this morning. So frustrating to message support, and get the same generic messages back - from a different person each time. You'd think that with a claim of impairment that Uber would take it very seriously and reach out to the driver to find out what is going on, maybe force the driver to a Greenlight Hub or something. The truth is that Uber really doesn't care, and just uses the 48 hour suspension as a lazy CYA.

Did they get the pay get reinstated, and you need to request your record be cleared, and file a complaint against the pax change his rating to a one star, and demand Uber suspend his privileges.

ibeam23

Sadly no

However, since Uber tracks our acceleration and braking via the app, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to check that ride and see that I was driving normally. Will they or do they? Of course not.
I wouldn't drive without a dual camera dashcam. It can save your butt when a pax decides to lie so he/she can get a free ride.

Atom guy

Did they get the pay get reinstated, and you need to request your record be cleared, and file a complaint against the pax change his rating to a one star, and demand Uber suspend his privileges.

They never took my earnings for that ride.

You can also call their customer support on the app as well. I had a incident where a pax accidentally got me suspended for having broken seat belts when it was the driver that gave her the ride home. Did the email support gave you a reason why the pax thought you were driving with impairment?

Support was useless. Every time I messaged them I got a different person to respond. The last time this happened one person handled the whole thing. This time it was obvious that they weren't really doing anything, just locking me out for 48 hours and calling it a day.

They never took my earnings for that ride.

Support was useless. Every time I messaged them I got a different person to respond. The last time this happened one person handled the whole thing. This time it was obvious that they weren't really doing anything, just locking me out for 48 hours and calling it a day.
Wow that's terrible! Makes me nervous. Thinking of getting a camera...

I feel you on the "different person to respond every time" crap. It's so annoying.

Knock on wood, I have not yet had an issue. Actually they've been quite nice. But I do go out really early to avoid the late nights as well. I've had a bunch of Wesleyan students (being in Middletown), some from Yale, Central...

I wouldn't drive without a dual camera dashcam. It can save your butt when a pax decides to lie so he/she can get a free ride.

What camera do you use?