• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Just Got My Pepper Gel - Do you carry Pepper Spray/Gel?

Do you carry pepper spray/gel in your vehicle?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MikesUber

Hello UberPeople,

Just received my Sabre Pepper Gel yesterday. Currently 150 trips in since Halloween and have had no issues with violent passengers; I still recommend carrying pepper spray/gel in your vehicle just in case. We all hope to never use these products but without them you are much more vulnerable.

I recommend pepper gel versus pepper spray as the gel is a concentrated jet stream versus the wide coverage of pepper spray. The gel also minimizes blow back as there is no mist - granted we're in a car but I don't want to take any chances. The gel has a UV dye that will show under a black light even when wiped off. This particular version is small enough for a door compartment (I keep mine here) and also comes with a holster if you would like to attach it to your waistline.

Do you carry pepper spray/gel? Have you encountered any violent passengers? If so, how did you respond?

If you choose not to carry these items, what reasons do you have for this?

Be safe out there, always prepare yourself and be cognizant of your surroundings when making pick ups/drop offs.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FormerTaxiDriver♧ Taxes 4
Rope Ninja Adelaide 6
H Atlanta 2