Just got into an accident with passengers in car...

Squirrelfest

I was moving ahead in the left turn lane when a car took a left into me. They were creeping through traffic from the two right lanes and turned into me. It was completely their fault. They sped off and I was unable to get info. Passengers were fine and I ended the trip. Went to the police station and they said there is no sense in filing a report since I didn't have info on the other driver (they were being lazy). They said I can always come back and make a report if needed. My question is, since this was with passengers in the car and will be under Uber's insurance, will my insurance company find out? My insurance company doesn't know I Uber. I'm hoping I can get it taken care of without them finding out. Also, will I need to pay any sort of deductible to Uber? What's my best course of action here? I filled out the thing in the Uber app and took the requested pictures, and am waiting to hear back. Help?

Travis -k

I was moving ahead in the left turn lane when a car took a left into me. They were creeping through traffic from the two right lanes and turned into me. It was completely their fault. They sped off and I was unable to get info. Passengers were fine and I ended the trip. Went to the police station and they said there is no sense in filing a report since I didn't have info on the other driver (they were being lazy). They said I can always come back and make a report if needed. My question is, since this was with passengers in the car and will be under Uber's insurance, will my insurance company find out? My insurance company doesn't know I Uber. I'm hoping I can get it taken care of without them finding out. Also, will I need to pay any sort of deductible to Uber? What's my best course of action here? I filled out the thing in the Uber app and took the requested pictures, and am waiting to hear back. Help?
Ive heard they make you report it to your own company first and if they deny you then they cover it as a secondary.
Maybe you can report back and let everyone know.

Do you have comprehensive with your own company?

The way the james river policy reads, they mirror your personal coverage, so if you only have pl/pd they won't fix your car.

RogerJS

You need to cover the $1,000 deductible
Yes your insurance company will find out and they will most likely cancel your policy
You may want to start shopping for a new insurance company soon so your not also deactivated from uber for not having insurance.
Not a reflection on you but I find it amazing drivers have no idea of the issues driving for uber regarding insurance coverage and deductibles.

mandreyka

Just report it to your insurance company as an accident , don't involve Uber unless you think the pax will be reporting it.

If the pax report it you are probably up shits creek.

How much damage ? Maybe better to just fix it yourself

Fisfis

You need to report it as hit and run and show your passengers as your witnesses. Find the sucker and sue for his/her worth, enjoy your settlement checks. Lawyer up asap.

pacman38

Not a good day for Southern California Uber drivers. That's three accidents reported here so far.

I firmly believe in having ride-share insurance. It's just not that expensive. I'm not losing all my savings for a job that pays $0.76 a mile.

Yup...ruined-my-day-today...

pacman38

That so sucks.
Yeah...waiting-to-make-right-turn-when-BAM-from-behind...a-girl-hit-the-car-behind-me...which-in-turn-the-car-behind-me-hit-me...and-pushed-me-into-the-car-ahead-of-me...

I-filed-with-uber-but-it-seems-they-want-to-me-to-fix-it-then-send-in-pics-and-a-receipt...LIKE-REALLY???...Why-would-i-fix-it?...The-girl's-insurance-is-going-to-have-to-pay-for-all-three-cars...

Alt-right Leader

You need to cover the $1,000 deductible
Yes your insurance company will find out and they will most likely cancel your policy
You may want to start shopping for a new insurance company soon so your not also deactivated from uber for not having insurance.
Not a reflection on you but I find it amazing drivers have no idea of the issues driving for uber regarding insurance coverage and deductibles.
Why did you not have the REQUIRED INSURANCE RIDER FOR CALIFORNIA?

Telsa34

Plan on paying the first thousand dollars to get your vehicle repaired

KellyC

Sorry that happened to you. Let us know how it turns out; I'm curious to hear how Uber & its insurance co treat you. Good luck!

Yellowmamba24

Yeah...waiting-to-make-right-turn-when-BAM-from-behind...a-girl-hit-the-car-behind-me...which-in-turn-the-car-behind-me-hit-me...and-pushed-me-into-the-car-ahead-of-me...

I-filed-with-uber-but-it-seems-they-want-to-me-to-fix-it-then-send-in-pics-and-a-receipt...LIKE-REALLY???...Why-would-i-fix-it?...The-girl's-insurance-is-going-to-have-to-pay-for-all-three-cars...

Damn...sorry to hear that...;((
I had a similar accident like that...with 5 cars hit hit hit hit hit...
I do not know if it's always like this but on my case, the one who started the chain reaction was liable for 80% of the damages of all the 4 cars n the car who hit the car in front of them were liable 20% of the damages....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170924-200543.jpg
    Screenshot_20170924-200543.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 43

pacman38

Damn...sorry to hear that...;((
I had a similar accident like that...with 5 cars hit hit hit hit hit...
I do not know if it's always like this but on my case, the one who started the chain reaction was liable for 80% of the damages of all the 4 cars n the car who hit the car in front of them were liable 20% of the damages....
Why-would-we-have-to-pay-20%?...I-would-never-pay-a-dime-if-it-wasn't-my-fault..
She-admitted-to-the-rest-of-us-she-caused-it...three-witnesses..

Yellowmamba24

Why-would-we-have-to-pay-20%?...I-would-never-pay-a-dime-if-it-wasn't-my-fault..

That's what I said....but they said I hit the car in front of me so I am somewhat liable...like why was i so close to them or some bs...hope ur case isn't like mine